Jesus is God.

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is God.

Sure he has an image. His person, his mind, his power. Christ is a created copy of the Father. God is spirit and so is Christ. You can not see spirits unless they take a form.

If we worship in the spirit We are one with our God. Jesus said that. But it yet to be determined if our souls are eternal.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

What is the image of infinity and eternity? As soon as we put an image to it it is no longer infinite. Is it more likely that God made us in his image, infinite and eternal, or is it more likely we are unconsciously making God into our own image as a man? Perhaps we are saying to ourselves: if God were a man this is what he would look like and be like. Does man define God or does God define man?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Last edited:

keypurr

What is the image of infinity and eternity? As soon as we put an image to it it is no longer infinite. Is it more likely that God made us in his image, infinite and eternal, or it is it more likely we are unconsciously making God into our own image as a man? Does God define man or does man define God?

God is more than infinity and eternity. God is power, wisdom, he knows all, loves deeply and understands our weaknesses. He has character, his wisdom we can not even comprehend. We have an ausum creator.

How are we made in his image? Arm, legs? No, we were given a mind to reason and the ability to feel and love. But Christ, he was given the wisdom and power of his creator. He is the exact image of the invisible God. That means he is a godlike powerful spirit.

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is God.

God is more than infinity and eternity. God is power, wisdom, he knows all, loves deeply and understands our weaknesses. He has character, his wisdom we can not even comprehend. We have an ausum creator.

How are we made in his image? Arm, legs? No, we were given a mind to reason and the ability to feel and love. But Christ, he was given the wisdom and power of his creator. He is the exact image of the invisible God. That means he is a godlike powerful spirit.

Right. The personality is an imitation of our true identity. Our true identity is infinite and eternal and is one with God. That is the basic message of the story of Jesus Christ but we seem to overlook its importance. It is not a coincidence that our true identity is born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried yet still lives. And Jesus is not the only one made in the exact image of God. We are too. Let's not miss the message.

keypurr

Right. The personality is an imitation of our true identity. Our true identity is infinite and eternal and is one with God. That is the basic message of the story of Jesus Christ but we seem to overlook its importance. It is not a coincidence that our true identity is born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried yet still lives. And Jesus is not the only one made in the exact image of God. We are too. Let's not miss the message.

Jesus is not the exact image of God, the spirit that was in him was. Jesus was the body God prepared to hold the express image, he received it at his anointing. That is when the power of the creator was given to a flesh body. Christ is a spiritual being, much more than a man.

Prizebeatz1

Jesus is not the exact image of God, the spirit that was in him was. Jesus was the body God prepared to hold the express image, he received it at his anointing. That is when the power of the creator was given to a flesh body. Christ is a spiritual being, much more than a man.

Right. That same spirit is also within us.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope, the express image is a spirit being. Agree that we share the Holy Spirit. But there is only one express image.

Jesus asked, "Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, so how can you say ‘Show us the Father’?" (John 14:9)

Jesus as a human being was the express image of the Father and now that he is Spirit he is converting us into the express image of the Father. Our job is to cooperate with him.

journey

Jesus Christ is God, one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. This is a basic fact taught by the Holy Bible. Jesus Christ is also known as The Word.

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 10:30 KJV I and my Father are one.

John 14:26 KJV But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jesus asked, "Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father, so how can you say ‘Show us the Father’?" (John 14:9)

Jesus as a human being was the express image of the Father and now that he is Spirit he is converting us into the express image of the Father. Our job is to cooperate with him.

you're hilarious

keypurr

So you think God is a man?

Jesus as a human was controlled by the express image that was in him at his anointing. God is a spirit, his exact copy would also be a spirit. Do you believe in spirits? Remember the Legion of them that Christ sent into the swine.

keypurr

Jesus Christ is God, one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. This is a basic fact taught by the Holy Bible. Jesus Christ is also known as The Word.

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 10:30 KJV I and my Father are one.

John 14:26 KJV But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
You know I disagree with you. Your stuck in the church rut of tradition and can not see what the content of scripture is telling you.

John 17:3 tells us that there is only one true God, the Father. Believe what the Lord has told you.

djhow

Jesus is the light that lights all men. It is the power of Christ in all men to become children of God.

The light is in all men and Jesus being a man, by faith was the son of God

He said we are all children of God and we have salvation and it is within us and it's called the Kingdom of God

Jesus never said become something else like a saint or an angel to see the Kingdom of God he said you must be born again and the power of Christ that is in all men transforms you into a son of God.

You don't "become" a Christian you "see" with new eyes that you are a child of God and that you always were and by faith you appropriate it in live in it and follow it's way.

Sorry no scriptures but they are there

Given the light is in all men, whatever you do to the least of my brethren you do unto me

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God the Father grants powers and authority to his divine creator Sons. As Jesus has a Father, he is the Father of his own creation. Jesus is God to us.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So you think God is a man?

It is my understanding from scripture that humans were created as a physical image of God. Created male and female so they could reproduce.

But our physical image is not an express image without God's Spirit. The Holy Spirit was not available to humans until Jesus was glorified and he was not glorified until the Father raised him from the dead. Because the Holy Spirit was not available until Jesus was glorified, John was born with the Holy Spirit as was Jesus.

Since our physical image of God is not an express image it is Christ's job to complete us as an express image so that we too can be glorified.

The kingdom of God is a family.

keypurr

It is my understanding from scripture that humans were created as a physical image of God. Created male and female so they could reproduce.

But our physical image is not an express image without God's Spirit. The Holy Spirit was not available to humans until Jesus was glorified and he was not glorified until the Father raised him from the dead. Because the Holy Spirit was not available until Jesus was glorified, John was born with the Holy Spirit.

Since our physical image of God is not an express image it is Christ's job to complete us as an express image so that we too can be glorified.

The kingdom of God is a family.
Your understanding is flawed. God is a invisible spirit, no arms or legs. Not a man at all. But he certainly can take any shape he wishes.

Humans were created with the ability to think and reason at a higher level than the other creatures.