Unless YOU believe that I am He (God) YOU Will Die in YOUR Sins, John 8:24

dodge

The whole world has been saved, past tense, 2000 years ago by the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Do you believe the good news?

That is NOT scriptural ! Jesus taught that the road to hell was broad and many are on that road, and the road to eternal life was narrow and few was on that road. I do not know where you get your beliefs but they are surely NOT from the bible.

Yes, I believe the gospel ( good news ) and as Jesus taught that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES in Him would not perish but have eternal life.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So the real question is just how dumb ARE you folks?

"He was in the bosom of the Father"

I cain't hep you folks with this, nobody can because the revelation of Christ as God must come from the Father, flesh and blood does not reveal it.

I say you are dumb but really it is this matter of revelation. The very smartest people in the world can't discover it.

It is the revelation upon which Christ has built His church

Mat 21:42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You do not savvy what "Thou art the Son of the Living God" means

...the Jews knew

They took up stones to kill the Christ with on that account and they had Him away to be crucified on that account.

...you also take up stones against us and in your hearts would crucify us....you PROVE this by believing that we are the Babylon which is devouted to destruction.

...you would don your burkhas and dance in the street

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If we could have been saved by "Christ in us" then there was really no reason for the incarnation of Jesus Christ. God could have just sent the Holy Spirit from heaven so that we could have Christ in us.

Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. Jesus died to redeem us from sin, not to save us in sin.

Epoisses

That is NOT scriptural ! Jesus taught that the road to hell was broad and many are on that road, and the road to eternal life was narrow and few was on that road. I do not know where you get your beliefs but they are surely NOT from the bible.

Yes, I believe the gospel ( good news ) and as Jesus taught that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES in Him would not perish but have eternal life.

If you see getting saved as the point in your life where you accept and believe in Jesus then you are unwittingly advocating the idea that you have saved yourself.

If you see getting saved as solely the work of Christ 2000 years ago before you were born or did anything good or bad you are slowly coming into the light of the gospel.

Sinners can't save other sinners and they can't save themselves either. All the super heroes are trying to save the world when the world has already been saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If one rejects Christ do you believe they are saved ?

Christ in us the hope of glory according to scripture.
Christ is not in you unless there was a moment in your life when you trusted Him believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If you see getting saved as the point in your life where you accept and believe in Jesus then you are unwittingly advocating the idea that you have saved yourself.
The preaching of the cross is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV) and God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV). No one is saved unless and until they receive the love of the truth. This is not to say that the work of our salvation was not done 2000 years ago as clearly it was (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! We would have no hope, but by the cross (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV). The work of the cross, even the righteousness of God is unto all and UPON ALL THEM THAT BELIEVE (Romans 3:21-22 KJV).

Epoisses

The preaching of the cross is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV) and God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV). No one is saved unless and until they receive the love of the truth. This is not to say that the work of our salvation was not done 2000 years ago as clearly it was (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)! We would have no hope, but by the cross (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV). The work of the cross, even the righteousness of God is unto all and UPON ALL THEM THAT BELIEVE (Romans 3:21-22 KJV).

They go together like two sides of the same coin. I advocate both sides. With those who trust in their works I like to focus on the cross and with those who pervert the cross like Calvinists I have to unfortunately focus on works.

heir

TOL Subscriber
They go together like two sides of the same coin. I advocate both sides. With those who trust in their works I like to focus on the cross and with those who pervert the cross like Calvinists I have to unfortunately focus on works.
My post showed no works of ourselves. You think believing is a work?

KingdomRose

Jesus was the same as his father. He was divine.

"I and my Father are one" John 10:30.

Yes they both were and are divine. That doesn't make Jesus God. "Divine" means only that someone is "of or from God." The angels are also divine.

Have you responded yet to my suggestion to read JOHN 17:20-23? This shows that to say that Jesus and the Father are "one" simply means that they are UNITED; IN AGREEMENT. Jesus' disciples are also "one" with Jesus and the Father. Does that make them God also?

KingdomRose

You do not savvy what "Thou art the Son of the Living God" means

...the Jews knew

They took up stones to kill the Christ with on that account and they had Him away to be crucified on that account.

...you also take up stones against us and in your hearts would crucify us....you PROVE this by believing that we are the Babylon which is devouted to destruction.

...you would don your burkhas and dance in the street

Your false words get you further and further into trouble with God and his Son.

To say "the Son of God" in no way infers that this Son IS God. That is a severe TWISTING done by you.

You forget that the Jews KILLED Jesus, so why do you side with them in their erroneous judgments of Jesus?

He never claimed to be God, and they knew that. They were furious because he said he was the SON OF GOD, obviously making himself superior to Abraham, which they resented. He didn't say "I am God." But they trumped up that charge just to get everyone upset with him. In fact, after he was crucified they came by and said, "He said he was God's Son," not God. (Matthew 27:43)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sinners can't save other sinners and they can't save themselves either.

Sinners can't, but those who are right with God certainly can.

And of some have compassion, making a difference, and others save with fear pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. (Jude 22-23)​

Robert Pate

Banned

To say "the Son of God" in no way infers that this Son IS God. That is a severe TWISTING done by you.

You forget that the Jews KILLED Jesus, so why do you side with them in their erroneous judgments of Jesus?

He never claimed to be God, and they knew that. They were furious because he said he was the SON OF GOD, obviously making himself superior to Abraham, which they resented. He didn't say "I am God." But they trumped up that charge just to get everyone upset with him. In fact, after he was crucified they came by and said, "He said he was God's Son," not God. (Matthew 27:43)

What are you going to do about this scripture?

"I and my Father are one" John 10:30.

Then the Jews took up stones to stone him, John 10:31.

To bad you couldn't have been there to pitch a couple.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
It's the mystery _ Colossians 1:27 KJV -

The mystery :idunno: A mystery

Christ’s incarnation (1 Tim. 3:16), Christ’s nature (Col. 2:2), The Kingdom of God (Luke 8:10), Christian faith (1 Tim. 3:9), Indwelling Christ (Col. 1:26, 27), Union of all believers (Eph. 3:4–9), Israel’s blindness (Rom. 11:25), Lawlessness (2 Thess. 2:7), Harlot Babylon (Rev. 17:5, 7), Resurrection of saints (1 Cor. 15:51), God’s completed purpose (Rev. 10:7), etc. Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 437). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Why do you insert a downright lie? They picked up stones to kill Him because "He said God was His Father...thus making Himself equal with God" THAT is what the scripture says

You wish our destruction because we worship Him as God...it is the religion of Cain.