LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Four semi-finalists left.
Adam Wakefield​
Alisan Porter
Hannah Huston​
Laith Al-Saadi

Got some really good talent this year.

Gonna list the songs they sang to stay in the competition.
Each of them took on an epic song with tremendous emotion, as good or even better than the original.

PureX

I like all four of these singer. But I am still somewhat partial to Alisan Porter. She did the best blind audition I've ever seen on the Voice.

However, since then, I don't think she's found her genre of music. She has a tendency to want to be a "rock singer", but I don't think that's her strongest suit. It makes her tend to push too hard, and almost scream instead of sing. Whereas when she sings quieter songs, her amazing gift for tonal change and general voice control come out, and she's spectacular.

PureX

I think the thing I like best about these four finalists on the Voice is that not one of them is trying to be another cookie-cutter 'strutting slut' pop star, or a 'Cowboy Copas' country bumpkin, or a 'lovin Jesus more'n you' choir cherub. They each seem to be their own person, looking to sing their own kind of music, and NOT trying to be what they see on TV.

Thank God for that! We can leave that crap to American Idle, and America's got talent, and all those other absurd pop-schlock TV shows started by that annoying brit.

PureX

I loved this duet …

Laith Al-Saadi has actually made some records, already. I had some of his music in my iPod even before he was on the Voice. Here's one of them …

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think the thing I like best about these four finalists on the Voice is that not one of them is trying to be another cookie-cutter 'strutting slut' pop star, or a 'Cowboy Copas' country bumpkin, or a 'lovin Jesus more'n you' choir cherub. They each seem to be their own person, looking to sing their own kind of music, and NOT trying to be what they see on TV.

Thank God for that! We can leave that crap to American Idle, and America's got talent, and all those other absurd pop-schlock TV shows started by that annoying brit.
I like that too.

It irks me when those in the competition try to weasel in their agenda.
I get sick of hearing, "I'm so glad I can be accepted because I'm different".
Not looking for different, looking for good (singing).

PureX

I was poking around on YouTube the other day, and watched some compilations of Voice performances from other countries, and I have to say, there are some really great singers out there! Not just in the U.S.

The judges, on the other hand … ours can be annoying, occasionally, but some of the foreign judges are just embarrassingly juvenile and self-centered. :)

PureX

All four of the finalists are pretty good. But I think Alisan Porter will be hard to beat.

Her original song was really good.

PureX

Yeah, for the final two, I would pick Adam and Alisan.
Good guess! :)

Adam is good. And I don't dislike country music. But I don't like the fact that Blake is constantly trying to get "country fans" to swing the vote. The show is not supposed to be about what kind of music Americans like best. It's supposed to be about which singer is the best. I'm sick of Blake Shelton trying to shove a country singer down our throats every season.

And I'm sure Adam will do well in Nashville, regardless.

I'm pleased that Alisan won. To see just how good a singer she is, see her sing with one of the best singers in music, today: Jennifer Nettles.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I picked those two because I could listen to the songs they sang all day long and not get tired of them.

I would have picked Adam, if it had been up to me.
But I look at it with the view that it will be me paying out of my own pocket for which candidate will have the most successful career.
I think Adam was the best bet for that in terms of being the best investment.

And I do think that Alisan had an advantage this time.
Because she was on Christina's team, and none of the lady coaches have won.
People tend to cheer for the underdog.
Doesn't take away from her talent.
She was very good.

I'll tell ya this, Pruex, Country music has always been a booming business.
It's been one of my favorite genres of music for all my life.
It's not my only favorite, but if I had to choose only one genre for the rest of my life, it would be country.

PureX

I listen to country on the radio more than most other genres, but that's mostly because the pop and rock music on the radio, here, is really awful. The rock stations are still playing music from the 1970s and the pop stations are all playing urban dance club music. There is a college station I'll listen to, occasionally, but the 20-somethings seem to tend to gravitate toward monotonous whining type music. And I can't get into that, either. So I listen to the country stations, or nothing.

And I actually like Blake Shelton's music. Most of his songs have a kind of "swing" to them that I find very appealing. But generally speaking his kind of modern country-pop music is pretty lame, too. What I really like about country music is the old-style country music. What is now being called "roots music". The last generation of really good "roots" country artists are all dying off, like The Highwaymen (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson). And both they and the next generation have avoided the giant 'country-pop music business machine' that Blake Shelton embraces and promotes. These are people like Gillian Welsh, Kasey Chambers, Steve Earle, Buddy and Julie Miller, Emmylou Harris, and so on. But we don't hear them much on the radio because the radio stations are all part of that mega-country-pop music machine. It's a shame. But greed ruins everything it touches. And that's especially true of the arts.