ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wick Stick

No.

Just because they are taken out of our way does not mean we can't live in them.

Psalms 119:77
Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.
Do you realize I'm not talking about the 10 commandments, here? Just the priesthood, and the rest of the ordinances.

Do you abstain from eating pork and shrimp? Do you agree that it should be illegal for the king to accumulate horses? Should tattoos be prohibited? Do you follow the prohibition on shaving the sides of your head?

Or do you just pick and choose what sounds good to you?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Thank you for making the point about your habitual double talk my tongue in cheek use of same in the above example was actually making - that your habitual double talk is deceitful.

As to the question, God has a Two-Fold Purpose - Prophecy and Mystery.

Til you get that, all else will remain the Mystery it has remained to you.

Til you get that, our every word to you is a parable.

No such thing as "prophecy and mystery"

That's made up Dispensational propaganda invented by Darby.

The prophecies were fulfilled by Christ Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Do you realize I'm not talking about the 10 commandments, here? Just the priesthood, and the rest of the ordinances.

Yup.

Do you abstain from eating pork and shrimp? Do you agree that it should be illegal for the king to accumulate horses? Should tattoos be prohibited? Do you follow the prohibition on shaving the sides of your head?

Nope.

Or do you just pick and choose what sounds good to you?

Nope.

I receive understanding of what they really refer too.

Ole Barnabas had a good grip on these things.

Take a look at what the son of consolation had to say.

Try to be consoled.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/lbob/lbob17.htm

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Those who don't believe in dispensations need to go make a burnt offering.

Nope.

1 Peter 2:5
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Romans 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Danoh

Starting with burning their endless "books about" as an apology to the Author of Scripture for their endless over reliance on their equally endless sources external to Scripture.

Call it a bonfire of the vanities.

Danoh

No such thing as "prophecy and mystery"

That's made up Dispensational propaganda invented by Darby.

The prophecies were fulfilled by Christ Jesus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your fellow P-Preterist: Interplanner disagrees with this notion of yours that all prophecies have been fulfilled.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Covenants, not Dispensations. Burnt offerings were part of the old covenant.

We now live in the new covenant.

Those of you who believe in Dispensations need to let go of the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

Dispensationalism didn't exist before Darby invented it in 1830.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your fellow P-Preterist: Interplanner disagrees with this notion of yours that all prophecies have been fulfilled.

All OT prophecies were fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

There are still NT prophecies not fulfilled.

Try to pay attention Danoh.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Starting with burning their endless "books about" as an apology to the Author of Scripture for their endless over reliance on their equally endless sources external to Scripture.

Call it a bonfire of the vanities.

Everything you believe didn't exist before Darby put in a book in 1830.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whaaaat?
You mean all preterists through the ages have not believed the exact same thing?
Is Tet gonna blame that on Darby too?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Whaaaat?
You mean all preterists through the ages have not believed the exact same thing?
Is Tet gonna blame that on Darby too?

Nope.

I blame Danoh for being deceitful and/or confused.

Right Divider

Body part
Who was the Messiah promised to?

Why is it ok for you to have Israel's promised Messiah, but not ok for Israel's promised New Covenant?
I know that this is far too difficult for you to understand, but the LORD Jesus Christ is the ruler of BOTH heaven AND earth.

He create BOTH the heaven AND the earth. Gen 1:1

Do any of your Bibles have that verse? :think:

Interplanner

Nope.

I blame Danoh for being deceitful and/or confused.

The reason D'ism thinks of future fulfillment is the literalism principle. And it is a little bit like the problem want pitting 'things' from God against God. If you love the Gospel, you see clearly that all is fulfilled in him (and our lives are hidden in him). But literalism loves 'things' and it has 10,000 things it wants to see happen. It is not fixed on the glory of God in the face of the Gospel of Christ.

D'ism is like the crowd in Jn 12:34 (one of the 'endless' other sources, lol) that wants things instead of Christ the light. And his mission.

Interplanner

I know that this is far too difficult for you to understand, but the LORD Jesus Christ is the ruler of BOTH heaven AND earth.

He create BOTH the heaven AND the earth. Gen 1:1

Do any of your Bibles have that verse? :think:

Did 2 Peter 3 mention anything about Israel? It is the most complete ordinary language passage on how the 2nd coming happens. Instead of mentioning another episode for Israel, it mentions the NHNE, not unlike the end of Isaiah, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.