ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes Nang, the Gospel IS Universal and meant for ALL of humanity. The only prerequisite is that we must first, hear the Gospel and place ALL our faith in Christ as our ONLY Savior.

Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Copyrighted images have an x across them. You have an x across your avatar icon. You expect us to see you represent the man in the small icon? It's 90% women and 10% bad picture of a man. So you're 90% woman with a pretty name and you represent yourself a transgender. Are you wearing a dress, now?

PS don't worry, folks think I'm a women cause I use tulipbee. It's a flower and a bee but they think it's feminine. I do have long hair though but my beard keeps men away.
Yes, he has a pretty name. No more reps from me since it's a guy.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Grace is universal. Salvation is not. People like Nang, Gods Truth, Meshak, don't believe the gospel. Well, they reject it. So, they are not saved.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Grace is universal. Salvation is not. People like Nang, Gods Truth, Meshak, don't believe the gospel. Well, they reject it.

True

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Where does the foreknowledge of God come into play that by what you espouse would make it seem as if God chooses arbitrarily/indiscriminately; God really doesn't care who they are?
You guys completely turn things upside down, for in saying God foresaw certain sinners who would believe in Christ, and because of this He predestinated them unto salvation, is the very reverse of the truth. Scripture affirms that God, in His sovereignty, singled out certain ones to be recipients of His distinguishing favors (Acts 13:48); therefore He determined to bestow upon them the gift of faith. False theology makes God’s foreknowledge of our believing the cause of His election to salvation. However, God’s election is the cause, and our believing in Christ the effect.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Since Jesus came to the 'lost sheep of Israel' (primarily), then we may infer that v.21 is in such a context.

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

This affirms limited atonement? Doesn't even mention it. Those given will never be driven away or lost.

Amen to those given will never be driven away or lost !

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You guys completely turn things upside down, for in saying God foresaw certain sinners who would believe in Christ, and because of this He predestinated them unto salvation, is the very reverse of the truth. Scripture affirms that God, in His sovereignty, singled out certain ones to be recipients of His distinguishing favors (Acts 13:48); therefore He determined to bestow upon them the gift of faith. False theology makes God’s foreknowledge of our believing the cause of His election to salvation. However, God’s election is the cause, and our believing in Christ the effect.

False doctrine at its finest. Thank you TB.

Cross Reference

God foreknows ALL. If not, THEN HOW DOES HE SINGLE OUT THOSE "CERTAIN ONES TO BE RECIPIENTS" HMMM ??????

You gotta be the dumbest . .

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You're suggesting that Hamartema/ta (noun) is only ever used where sin is in the context of an actual sinful deed - an action?

I'm not merely suggesting it, I'm indicating its proper definition and usage. The Greek suffix -ma always indicates "the result of". Hamartema/ta is the resulting actions with an indication of consequences.

That Hamartia/i is the inner condition without regard to the action?

It depends upon the form, but predominantly, yes. The plural articular "straddles" the verb, both preceeding it as internal and succeeding it as external; but it's not about the actings or actions except to indicate the source OF the actings and actions.

Singular articular hamartia is the principle source OF action; the inward element producing acting and actions. It's the abstract for the concrete; the governing principle or power(lessness), acting from the nature through the members of the body.

I keep asking, though, how this resolves the problem of accountability within compatibilism?

Jesus was made (poieo) anarthrous singular hamartia (every qualitative characteristic and [dys-]functional activity). That means He, as the scapegoat, bore every possible kind and type of inner fault and failing and disobedience and rebellion and unrighteousness that every comes forth from mankind. And by doing so, it means He never had sin in His own nature or members, but still bore every potentiality of every sin nature of all mankind.

The significance is that there are many, many men and women who never outwardly exhibit the resulting action of murder. But murder doesn't begin with the action. The action results from the condition of the heart; first usually as hate, but possibly any confluence of other inward traits.

Not one of these characteristics of all humanity, whether internal or its external result, was excluded. Non-murderers don't need it for the external results, but for the inward facet of their heart condition of hate or greed or whatever else. No aspect of the sin condition in inward or outward dysfunction was omitted. He died all every internal qualitative characteristic and dysfunctional activity that did OR did not lead to external resulting action.

No one could possibly know every tendency and inclination of the heart as anarthrous hamartia. No one could ever recall every deed brought forth as individual acts violating God's standard for inner character and outer conduct as His righteousness. One would have to know all those and also know every failing in regard to them.

It is God's mercy that He sent His Son to be made (poieo, which requires epic depths of study to know the meaning) sin (singular anarthrous). He wasn't made certain or all human persons. He was made sin. He didn't die for certain or all human persons. He died for (and as) every last facet of the inner sin condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.