Jesus is God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My friend, I do not see Jesus was the Word made flesh. I see the spirit son, the express image becoming flesh in the body of Jesus. This express image of the father is a created form of God for it was GIVEN the fullness of the Father. Most do not see the spirit son that God used to create the Universe with, they only see the body that God prepared for his true son.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What is the Father made of?
The express image would be like him.

Steko said, "Spiritual does not mean non-physical, in ICo 15."

Paul said, "The first man was of the earth, made of dust, the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust, and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly." (1 Corinthians 15:47-48)

Jesus said, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. (John 3:6)

I think Steko interprets that to mean those born of the flesh are flesh and those born of the Spirit are flesh.

keypurr

Steko said, "Spiritual does not mean non-physical, in ICo 15."

Paul said, "The first man was of the earth, made of dust, the second Man is the Lord from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust, and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly." (1 Corinthians 15:47-48)

Jesus said, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit. (John 3:6)

I think Steko interprets that to mean those born of the flesh are flesh and those born of the Spirit are flesh.
Jesus was born and died in the flesh. However God created his exact image, a spirit son, who could take the form of man. He is a godlike spirit who spoke and acted through the body prepared for him. He came to manifest, make known, our God to us. God sent this son to enlighten and die as a man. He is now the perfect priest mediator for mankind. That is why his God made him Lord.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was born and died in the flesh. However God created his exact image, a spirit son, who could take the form of man. He is a godlike spirit who spoke and acted through the body prepared for him. He came to manifest, make known, our God to us. God sent this son to enlighten and die as a man. He is now the perfect priest mediator for mankind. That is why his God made him Lord.

So why wouldn't he be the Father's firstborn son?

That's the question.

keypurr

So why wouldn't he be the Father's firstborn son?

That's the question.
I believe the spirit son is the firstborn of all creation. Jesus was the body that held him in the flesh. The spirit descended from heaven, he is the son of man that has seen God. For God so loved the world that he SENT his son to us. Jesus was not sent he was born as a human. The spirit son is the son that became flesh in the body prepared for him.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe the spirit son is the firstborn of all creation.

Yes, you have said that innumerable times, what I'm asking is why do you believe Jesus is the Father's firstborn son? Why not believe scripture?

keypurr

Yes, you have said that innumerable times, what I'm asking is why do you believe Jesus is the Father's firstborn son? Why not believe scripture?
Again, I do not see Jesus as the firstborn. I see the spirit son as the firstborn. However when in Jesus, one could see Jesus as the firstborn. They became one.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Again, I do not see Jesus as the firstborn. I see the spirit son as the firstborn. However when in Jesus, one could see Jesus as the firstborn. They became one.

I'll rephrase my question, why do you believe Christ was the Father's firstborn son?

keypurr

Yes, the Father created everything through Christ, so why is Christ not his firstborn son? You falsely claim that he is. Why?
If you see the spirit son as Christ we agree. It was not Jesus that did the creating, it was the express image who is recurred to as Christ in the scriptures. Jesus came many, many years later. Jesus did not preexist, the Christ in him did. Jesus became the Christ when he was anointed with Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you see the spirit son as Christ we agree.

That's the problem, I don't see anything in scripture to support the premise that the preincarnate Christ was anybody's son and certainly not the Father's firstborn son. You misunderstand Paul's statement in Colossians 1:15.

That's why I asked if you were intentionally being deceptive in quoting Paul's statement.

Paul's premise is true but yours isn't. Why do you promote it?

6days

However God created his exact image, a spirit son, who could take the form of man.
Heretical and Unbiblical.
John 1:3 NWT "All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence."

keypurr

That's the problem, I don't see anything in scripture to support the premise that the preincarnate Christ was anybody's son and certainly not the Father's firstborn son. You misunderstand Paul's statement in Colossians 1:15.

That's why I asked if you were intentionally being deceptive in quoting Paul's statement.

Paul's premise is true but yours isn't. Why do you promote it?

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

The Spirit son is firstborn of all creation.

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Note that Christ needed to change his form to become flesh in Jesus, Jesus is the body mentioned in Heb 10:5.

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

The spirit son became one with the flesh son. Both are from God but they became one. Only the spirit son was SENT from heaven, only the spirit son has seen the Father.

keypurr

Which verse says God is God? None he says he is YHWH. He says he is the creator of all things. He says he is the first and the last. He sits on the throne in heaven. There is only one throne in heaven.

Only YHWH is the true God and it is he who sits on the throne.

keypurr

Why wouldn't it be infinity and eternity? Perhaps we are made in this image just as Christ is.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Do we all carry the seed of the Father?

The spirit in us directs our lives, how many spirits do we have? Christ cast a legion of them out of a man. It is my understand that the word spirit is used in a few different ways in the translations. I wish I knew Hebrew. It might better help us to understand what spirit word is used where.

keypurr

Heretical and Unbiblical.
John 1:3 NWT "All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence."

See post 137 above.

keep in mind that the WORD in John 1 is not Jesus, it is the spirit that was IN him.