ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, God must feel so honored that you made Jesus Christ the object of your grace. (Except that violates His incommunicable attribute of Impassibility, not to mention His sovereignty.)

Good job being god, GrossOne. You're really rockin' it.

Are you capable of communicating to people in a simple and clear way of presentation? By the way, need I remind you again to leave the "WIT" to the professionals?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps he's looking at different views concerning where he will spend eternity and how he'll be able to attain it? I don't blame him for that.
I detected a hint of prodding a Christian to preach the gospel to him because that's what a Christian should do. He's an informed atheist and rejects the Lord Jesus Christ daily. So maybe you should preach to him

Cross Reference

The "in Whom ye also trusted" is the Lord Jesus Christ. Those who have trusted in Him believed the gospel of Christ/it/the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but to all men 1 Timothy 2:4-6):

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

IT (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

"Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me." John 14:6 (AMP) Spoken to His disciples, NOT unbelievers.

Seek Him and not someones interpretation or personal experience of Him. He will become a personal experience IN you, if you do it that way..

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Arminians dont like it when I proclaim John 3:16, 16 For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

djhow

Seems like an argument about whether or not you can save yourself or that God is the only one that saves? Whether or not we can determine our own salvation or that God will determine who gets saved?

It's a puzzler and here is why simply.

Seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened up to you. You seek to realise you were found in Christ and any man woman or child who seeks, knocks on the door will find that they were already found in Christ it is a door that no man can close and it's the door of your heart and any heart can open the door.

When you are found you realise it was not your seeking that saved you but you do have to open the door of your own heart to God, to die to self to surrender all you are with all your sins and burdens and be filled with the Holy Spirit.

It's because it's a work complete and something accomplished in Eternity and is free to all people but it's a journey to find that out. Few find it, it's something you'd poke your eye to get such is the desire to knock and knock on the door till eventually the baker wakes up. And after the baker gets up and gives you the bread you realise you were already found in Christ before the foundation of the earth. So one will say I'm saving myself, knocking on the doors of heaven and another will say I was found in Christ when I realised there was nothing I could do to save myself.

Are both doing the wrong thing?

And if a Muslim is knocking on the door five times a day then should be simple to explain Jesus to them. I think shooting them down in judgement is not the way to go about it and though a well intentioned demonstration of spiritual battling, to judge is not a demonstration of the Kingdom of God, a showing of the way which is what we are called to do.

Well it is a demonstration of the Kingdom because with the measure you judge, you will be judged but a show of love and understanding would be more edifying and a joy

Last edited:

Sonnet

Arminians dont like it when I proclaim John 3:16, 16 For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And your theology utterly eviscerates those words.

Cross Reference

What makes you believe that? I should think a Calvinist would be confused about such a verse. Where do you place it in your theology? How is it that you think yourself able to reconcile it with Calvinism?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
What makes you believe that? I should think a Calvinist would be confused about such a verse. Where do you place it in your theology? How is it that you think yourself able to reconcile it with Calvinism?
I'll just proclaim that quote since that post doesn't need to be refuted

Status
Not open for further replies.