ECT Ever wonder why dispensationalism has become increasingly despised?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Neither was it on the "day of Pentecost".

The "filling" with the Holy Spirit on that day had to do with POWER given to them (to speak other languages, to heal, etc.)

Wrong again, Wrong Divider

(John 14:16) And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever

Once again you pervert the NC and INSTEAD go to Paul for BoC doctrine.

Paul was a minister of the New Covenant.

HisServant

[/B]
In which case Spurgeon said something out of ignorance.

No... he observed that dispensationalists were too occupied with looking for omens and signs of their 'end times', that they cared less for outreach and their communities than other branches of Christianity.

And having been a member of a dispensationalist church for a number of years, I agree with him.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul also said that HE laid the foundation (which is Christ).

Wrong again, Wrong Divider.

You might want to learn what a foundation and cornerstone was in first century architecture.

Christ Jesus is the Cornerstone, not "the foundation".

How could PAUL be the ONE that laid the foundation that others were to build upon?

Paul was an Apostle.

It was the Apostles and prophets who laid the foundation. Christ Jesus is the Cornerstone. Everyone else is lively stones.

(Eph 2:20) built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I attended a church many years ago and was Pastored by, what I thought was a "Grace adherer" and found out many years later that he had been a Calvinist. He didn't preach Calvinism though. If he had he would have been considered a Preacher of false doctrine/Another Gospel, in my opinion.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No... he observed that dispensationalists were too occupied with looking for omens and signs of their 'end times', that they cared less for outreach and their communities than other branches of Christianity.

And having been a member of a dispensationalist church for a number of years, I agree with him.

Then, you're both wrong!

Right Divider

Body part
Wrong again, Wrong Divider

(John 14:16) And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever
So YOU interpret this as the indwelling of the HS as per Paul?

No, you're wrong again.

Paul was a minister of the New Covenant.
Another of your ONE VERSE wonders. If WE, the body of Christ, were REALLY "under the New Covenant", Paul would have said so WAY more than ONCE.

Right Divider

Body part
Wrong again, Wrong Divider.

You might want to learn what a foundation and cornerstone was in first century architecture.

Christ Jesus is the Cornerstone, not "the foundation".
Yes, I should have been more careful with my words.

My POINT is that there are TWO FOUNDATIONS laid.

Paul was an Apostle.

It was the Apostles and prophets who laid the foundation. Christ Jesus is the Cornerstone. Everyone else is lively stones.

(Eph 2:20) built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.
Once AGAIN, Paul said that HE laid the foundation and others should build thereupon.

Paul ALSO avoided building on ANOTHER MAN's foundation. You, on the other hand, DO build upon another man's foundation and WRONGLY so.

Read all about it in the scripture (not that NIV or other mistranslations).

HisServant

And, you can't have a temple without a perfect red heifer.

Once again, the Darby followers are up a creek without a paddle.

Look up the 'Red Heifer Project'... dispensationalists are breeding red heifers for the Jews to use if they rebuild the temple.

They are trying to self-fulfill their eschatology at all costs.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So YOU interpret this as the indwelling of the HS as per Paul?

(John 1:5) For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

(Acts 19:1-7)While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples 2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”

They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?”

“John’s baptism,” they replied.

4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied. 7 There were about twelve men in all.

Another of your ONE VERSE wonders. If WE, the body of Christ, were REALLY "under the New Covenant", Paul would have said so WAY more than ONCE.

Paul mostly preached to Gentiles who had no idea what a covenant was. That's why you should read the book of Hebrews, it explains it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Look up the 'Red Heifer Project'... dispensationalists are breeding red heifers for the Jews to use if they rebuild the temple.

I know all about it.

So far, no matter how hard Darby followers in Texas and Oklahoma keep trying to breed a perfect red heifer, they haven't been able to.

There hasn't been a perfect red heifer in over 2,000 years.

Darby followers like to align themselves with Christ rejecting Jews. They think their helping God make His prophecies work out.

Little do they know, they have been brainwashed by John Nelson Darby and Zionists.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The really funny part is when they try to stop their eschatology at the same time they are trying to self-fulfill it.

According to Dispies, the world has to become immoral for their rapture to happen.

So, when things like gay marriages get legalized, they try to stop it, but at the same time say "this is a sign of the times, the rapture is soon".

So, on one hand their claiming certain things have to happen for the rapture to come, but then on the other hand their trying to stop the things they claim have to happen for the rapture to come.

That's why most of them are so miserable.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They don't believe Paul was committed a dispensation of the gospel and given a dispensation of God and a dispensation of the grace of God. They are off their religious rockers!

Dispensations aren't time periods.

If you understood the two covenants, and weren't brainwashed by Darby and Bullinger, you wouldn't be so confused, and make such ridiculous posts.

john w

Hall of Fame

So, when things like gay marriages get legalized, they try to stop it, but at the same time say "this is a sign of the times, the rapture is soon".

That really offends you, doesn't it, weasel?

You might want to ask yourself, Craigie, why you follow the teachings of fallable men?

You do realize, sweetie, that a "false belief system" results from you following the teachings of fallable men?

Once again, little arms Craigie's invented belief system cannot be supported by scripture, and little chin Craigie suffers yet another death blow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.