User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 165

Thread: Discussion-One on One: Abortion (red77 vs. Turbo)

  1. #46
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Poly View Post
    A risky pregnancy doesn't justify murdering a baby.
    Oh right, it's ok to risk a child's life to undertake it though right?

  2. #47
    Just livin' life one day at a time. Poly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,567
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 434 Times in 219 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)





    Rep Power
    393157
    Quote Originally Posted by red77 View Post
    Oh right, it's ok to risk a child's life to undertake it though right?
    What a doofus you are!

    Do you even hear what you're saying?! You suggest it's wrong to risk one child's life while it's perfectly reasonable that another child be murdered.
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan



    Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom


    Upgrade your TOL membership.

  3. #48
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Poly View Post
    What a doofus you are!

    Do you even hear what you're saying?! You suggest it's wrong to risk one child's life while it's perfectly reasonable that another child be murdered.
    Ok, where do you draw the line then? You think it's ok for an 11 year old to be FORCED to undergo a severely risky pregnancy then? That to me is absosulutely sick.......

  4. #49
    Just livin' life one day at a time. Poly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,567
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 434 Times in 219 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)





    Rep Power
    393157
    Quote Originally Posted by red77 View Post
    Ok, where do you draw the line then?
    "Relieving suffering by causing others to suffer"

    Sound familiar?
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan



    Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom


    Upgrade your TOL membership.

  5. #50
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Poly View Post
    "Relieving suffering by causing others to suffer"

    Sound familiar?
    Uh, that doesn't even address my question, if an 11 year old aborts immediately then "suffering" isn't even an argument as there is no developed life able to feel pain......

    if you want to go down the route of life rights then fair enough but for this particular debate why are you so seemingly apathetic to the dangers for the 11 year old child and the obvious physical dangers such a pregnancy would present?

  6. #51
    Just livin' life one day at a time. Poly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,567
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 434 Times in 219 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)





    Rep Power
    393157
    Quote Originally Posted by red77 View Post
    Uh, that doesn't even address my question, if an 11 year old aborts immediately then "suffering" isn't even an argument as there is no developed life able to feel pain......
    Then why did you say this in the debate?

    Quote Originally Posted by red77
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo
    Does the age/stage of development of a pre-born baby play a role in whether it acceptable to kill him or her?
    No, obviously it's more horrific when a baby is physically torn apart but on the issue as to where it becomes acceptable to abort a growing life i believe that from conception it's unacceptable
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan



    Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom


    Upgrade your TOL membership.

  7. #52
    Over 3000 post club PKevman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN.
    Posts
    3,630
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 71 Times in 71 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2148
    Quote Originally Posted by Poly View Post
    Then why did you say this in the debate?
    I know why he said it Poly. Because Red77 is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

  8. #53
    Just livin' life one day at a time. Poly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,567
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 434 Times in 219 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)





    Rep Power
    393157
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorKevin View Post
    I know why he said it Poly. Because Red77 is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

    Bingo!
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan



    Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom


    Upgrade your TOL membership.

  9. #54
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,977
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 6,939 Times in 5,601 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147784
    Quote Originally Posted by red77 View Post
    Oh ok Stipe, please give definitive proof as to how an 11 year old going through pregnancy, labour and childbirth isn't physically dangerous....
    Please give definitive proof of how walking out the front door isn't physically dangerous.

    Moron.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (June 3rd, 2016)

  11. #55
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,977
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 6,939 Times in 5,601 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147784
    Quote Originally Posted by red77 View Post
    Who said anything other? In this scenario the mother could do nothing to save the child with her, she would be repulsed etc etc obviously!!!!!!!! But lets take a look at what you're implying here, it would seem to be ok for the mother to eat her child (actually the child is gone, it's merely a shell correct?) if there were other babies or children dependant on her - but NOT ok for the mother to just survive by herself, is that correct?
    I'm telling you what every loving mother would probably feel and most definitely choose. You really should stop.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (June 3rd, 2016)

  13. #56
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    14,977
    Thanks
    98
    Thanked 6,939 Times in 5,601 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147784
    This guy is about on the mental capacity of a poached egg.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (June 3rd, 2016)

  15. #57
    Patron Saint of SMACK Delmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    7,572
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 680 Times in 580 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    588230
    Quote Originally Posted by red77 View Post
    Uh, that doesn't even address my question, if an 11 year old aborts immediately then "suffering" isn't even an argument as there is no developed life able to feel pain......

    if you want to go down the route of life rights then fair enough but for this particular debate why are you so seemingly apathetic to the dangers for the 11 year old child and the obvious physical dangers such a pregnancy would present?
    You don't think the guilt of knowing she hired a "hit man" to kill her baby will cause her any suffering?

  16. #58
    Over 3000 post club PKevman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN.
    Posts
    3,630
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 71 Times in 71 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2148
    Quote Originally Posted by stipe View Post
    This guy is about on the mental capacity of a poached egg.
    Man Stipe, you have a low view of poached eggs don't you?

  17. #59
    Friendly Neighborhood Admin Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,316
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1008
    Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    If red77 wanted to win, he'd have to attack the premise that an unborn fetus possesses the same moral status as a young post-natal child, but I'm not sure he's prepared to do that, and it would involve a lot of backpedaling.
    red77 would still be losing even if that had been her position from the beginning because that position is just as indefensible.

  18. #60
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nottingham UK
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Poly View Post
    Then why did you say this in the debate?
    Because in the vast majority of cases it's what I believe, I'm not 'pro abort' and the scenarios we've been debating involve danger to the mothers in question....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us