I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You asked me a question, I answered it and instead of responding to my answer, you simply ask the same question again. Very frustrating.

You asked...

"If you are not obedient to God's Law what are you obedient to?"

I answered...

"The law has nothing to say to me! What does the law demand of those who have been executed? NOTHING! I have been crucified in Christ! It is no longer I who live but Christ lives His life through me BY FAITH - NOT THE LAW! The law KILLS but the Spirit (capital S) gives life! To follow the law is to resurrect your flesh and Christ will profit you nothing. Christ is not at all interested in helping you live a righteous life. He is willing to live it through you, by faith. Faith in what? In the biblical facts concerning your position in Christ, if indeed you are in Him. You are righteous, in Him, and cannot be more (or less) so. You are a citizen of Heaven and have been clothed with His righteousness by faith apart from the law and seated with Him in the Heavenly places. There are many such biblical facts that we are taught exclusively by Paul. It is our belief in them that is the key to seeing righteousness lived out in our daily walk. We believe that we are righteous because God has imputed His righteousness to our account. That's the fact. It is for us to believe it and for Him to accomplish it."

You asked...

"Do you believe new covenant believers are to be obedient to God?"

I answered...

"New covenant believers, as you mean the term, do not exist. Well, they exist, but not on this Earth. The New Covenant you speak of has to do with Israel, which has, for now, been cut off (Romans 9-11). God will one day turn back again to Israel but until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in (Romans 11:25)."

Then instead of reading any of that through and spending even a short moment to think it through and respond to it, you ignored it all and responded to the whole post by repeating your position and asking the same loaded question you began the thread with and that my post answered directly...

"The new covenant has already come. It came in Jesus. He saved you from the penalty and the power of sin. What commands of God do you obey in the new covenant?"

If you want to have a conversation then its a too way street! If you don't know how to respond then say so, don't just pretend like I didn't say anything. It's rude and annoying and a waste of my time.

Resting in Him,
Clete

I see what you have said. But you haven't answered the question of if you believe as a Christian that you should obey God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, and I said that if you think your relationship with God is dependent upon your obedience then you're a legalist and then you agreed that your relationship with God was so dependent. Words mean things, Jacob. Don't be scared to accept a title if it fits. Does a leopard change his spots by virtue of denying their existence?

Obey Him by believing what the bible teaches! Paul tells us over and over and over again not to allow yourself to put under the law. It's the theme of his whole ministry. And yet, you somehow know better! Jesus' living His life for (through) you isn't good enough. God imputing Christ's death to your account, isn't sufficient for you. You want to say to Jesus, "Well, thanks for dying on the cross and all, I really appreciate it and think it helped me out a bunch but I'm going to go ahead and tithe and observe this Sabbath day over here and I'm going to put this list of ten rules up in my house to help remind me of what to do and what not to do. Oh! And don't worry! I'm going to make sure my male children are circumcised too!"

Resting in Him,
Clete

I have not agreed with you that obedience and legalism are the same. In this you are mistaken if this is what you believe I was saying when I said that I know I am to obey God. I said obedience and legalism are different before supporting obedience to God. I don't understand where your issue with what I have said is.

Ben Masada

Is there ANYTHING YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE TO OBEY?

Where does Jesus says that since he told one person not to say anything it meant NO ONE EVER OBEY ANYTHING?

WOW!!!!!!!

No, there is nothing I believe I have to obey. We do because it is a Jewish thing to, not because we have to.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do everything he commands and then you might be given wisdom to know THE WHOLE STORY.
Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

:popcorn:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Old Testament is just as useful to the Gentiles as it is to the Jews.

The whole Bible is about believing and obeying God.

Amen. Can you also say that the whole Bible is about the salvation of man and that salvation is only in Jesus Christ?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Where does Jesus says that since he told one person not to say anything it meant NO ONE EVER OBEY ANYTHING?

WOW!!!!!!!
Foolish woman.
Then you should stop telling folks that they need to obey EVERYTHING Jesus commanded.
But you don't.
You would rather live with a lie.

God's Truth

Is what you are asking Biblical?

You do not even know that the people had to make themselves clean just to belong to God.

You do not even know that those works were for purification.

How do you ever get that you can speak anything to another person about God until you learn those things?

God's Truth

Foolish woman.
Then you should stop telling folks that they need to obey EVERYTHING Jesus commanded.
But you don't.
You would rather live with a lie.

Where does Jesus say that since he told one person not to say anything it meant NO ONE EVER OBEY ANYTHING?

WOW!!!!!!!

Last edited:

God's Truth

Tambora,

WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER?

Answer the question.

You try to be a rebuker for the truth. so then tell the truth.

What do you think you are supposed to obey that Jesus says?

God's Truth

That's true. Jesus meant that forgiveness is granted only by those whom we have offended or offended us. This discards the Christian claim that Jesus died so that we achieved forgiveness of our sins. If we need forgiveness, we must forgive whatever others have offended us.

But you will not be forgiven BY GOD unless you go through Jesus' blood. Think about it more. It might come to you.

God's Truth

That's true. Jesus meant that forgiveness is granted only by those whom we have offended or offended us. This discards the Christian claim that Jesus died so that we achieved forgiveness of our sins. If we need forgiveness, we must forgive whatever others have offended us.

You will not be reconciled to God unless you go through Jesus.

You must go through the blood and body of Jesus to get to the Father.

If you do not, then you will not ever be the temple of the Spirit of God.

There is no more earthly temple with God's Spirit.

So what are you going to do?

Ben Masada

Tambora,

WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER?

Answer the question.

Yes, Tambora, go ahead honey and give "God's Truth" the answer he needs. Tell him that Jesus said to listen to "Moses" aka the Law and wait for the other shoe to fall. I am sure he does not obey what Jesus said here in Luke 16:29-31.

God's Truth

Ben Masada,

Where anywhere, in ANY religion are you told you could be the temple of God's Spirit?

ONLY through Jesus Christ are we told that.

Only in the Holy Bible are we told HOW to do that.

You, however, try to rewrite that Bible.

Make up your mind if you want the Spirit of God Himself living inside you.

If you do, then do what the Holy Bible says that Jesus says to get it.

God's Truth

Yes, Tambora, go ahead honey and give "God's Truth" the answer he needs. Tell him that Jesus said to listen to "Moses" aka the Law and wait for the other shoe to fall. I am sure he does not obey what Jesus said here in Luke 16:29-31.

How did Moses say you were to receive the Spirit of God?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tambora,

WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER?

Answer the question.

Well, foolish woman, I'll tell you again.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

The righteousness of one.
The obedience of one.
Not two - you plus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You do not even know that the people had to make themselves clean just to belong to God.

You do not even know that those works were for purification.

How do you ever get that you can speak anything to another person about God until you learn those things?

I think you don't understand these things properly. To be clean is important. But God is still God even if your feet are not clean.