ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

Wick Stick

No, he sent me a PM, hitting on me, loser, and tried to set me up with his wife. He also tried to be my FB friend, and downloaded my pics. He has a a man crush on me, as you obviously do.
Yes, clearly. Who could resist your charming wit?

WickedStickboy
I like it. Thanks for caring enough to give me a nickname.

And just who are you again?
Man in Black: "No one of consequence"

Oh, yes:

Your "page:"

This page has had 26 visits

Have a seat-you are quite irrelevant. And change that soddy username of yours.
First off... I have a page?!? oh I am ROLLIN LARGE NOW!!!

14185212UtNF3Va6.gif

/\ The original Wicked Stick Boy /\

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, clearly. Who could resist your charming wit?

I like it. Thanks for caring enough to give me a nickname.

Man in Black: "No one of consequence"

First off... I have a page?!? oh I am ROLLIN LARGE NOW!!!

14185212UtNF3Va6.gif

/\ The original Wicked Stick Boy /\
Oh. Stumped me again, Hop Sing.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What generation?

The generation which sees all these things coming to pass

This generation will not pass away until all things be fulfilled

"this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation".

If Jesus was speaking of a future generation, then the demonstrative adjective "that" is the proper grammar.

Get a concordance, or go to biblegateway.com's concordance, type in "this generation", and see for yourself who Jesus was referring to when He said "this generation".

Every time Jesus said "this generation" in the gospels, He was always referring to the generation of His contemporaries, not a future generation.

SaulToPaul 2

Ooh a bit of adding on of words and meanings there Tet

Tut tut

When ye shall see the fig tree and all the trees put forth their branches ye know that summer is nigh, so also when ye see ALL THESE THINGS you know it is nigh even at the doors verily I say unto you THIS generation ....

What generation?

The generation which sees all these things coming to pass

This generation will not pass away until all things be fulfilled

But you know all that

In the context of thousands of years since the earth was formed we are and were then in the last times

Congrats to Dearest Tottykins for creating The Thread of the Year!!!

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation".

If Jesus was speaking of a future generation, then the demonstrative adjective "that" is the proper grammar.

Get a concordance, or go to biblegateway.com's concordance, type in "this generation", and see for yourself who Jesus was referring to when He said "this generation".

Every time Jesus said "this generation" in the gospels, He was always referring to the generation of His contemporaries, not a future generation.

This is wrong on two counts, firstly the generation that Jesus was addressing had not witnessed the fig tree put forth her leaves therefore they could not be "this" generation

Secondly we read in the very next sentence verse 36

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no not the angels of heaven but my Father only

Interplanner

I still dno't know what these people do with Is 55. He swore in the days of Noah never to destroy the earth, and swore never to destroy Israel. And then he did in the DofJ. Therefore: literalism must be abandoned.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I still dno't know what these people do with Is 55. He swore in the days of Noah never to destroy the earth, and swore never to destroy Israel. And then he did in the DofJ. Therefore: literalism must be abandoned.

Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Danoh

Ah, the very origin of Preterism - the origin of which was the attempt, on the one hand, to reason the literal into it's at least making symbolic sense.

On the other, turn to that equally erroneous form of reason external to the Scripture - lets see what the secular has said about a thing.

What - a - mess.

O'Hair is still relevant these fifty eight years after his home going - "people who don't have spiritual eyes, tell spiritual lies."