I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul is and was the apostle to the Jews too.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Please stop saying Paul was not an apostle to the Jews. That one scripture alone proves you wrong.

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

God's Truth

I mentioned that this is a growing movement in these days. I should have said that this is a growing movement in these LAST DAYS. When the Body of Christ is removed from the earth, then God will again turn to His People in order to fulfill all the prophecies concerning the Second Coming of Jesus. There are 300+ Messianic Congregations in Israel and the "movement" is fast growing. This is "setting the stage" for end-times when "all Israel will be saved" (see Romans ch. 11). Remember how Jesus explained how the entire O.T. was about himself? Jewish believers are learning these things presently.

When Jesus comes again, you say those blood related to Abraham will have a special time just for them. What in the world are you talking about? God TELLS US that He does NOT GO BY blood relations ANYMORE. God ONLY cares about those who are related to Christ's blood by belief.

I want to discuss this more with you. If you want to know which scriptures I am speaking about, just ask.

God's Truth

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

So? Paul went to the Gentiles and the other Apostles let Paul be the one to continue that traveling ministry.

Whatever Paul said, he said it to the Gentiles---just as much as it was meant for the Jews.

God's Truth

Yes, and I said that if you think your relationship with God is dependent upon your obedience then you're a legalist and then you agreed that your relationship with God was so dependent. Words mean things, Jacob. Don't be scared to accept a title if it fits. Does a leopard change his spots by virtue of denying their existence?
If you do not obey Jesus, you were never saved. Even Paul explains that as the test to know.

If you do not obey Jesus, then you did NOT eat of him, and you are then not saved.

If you do not obey Jesus, then you are not living through him and he Is not living through you.

God's Truth

Oh, what a great way to state it!

That's the gospel! That's PAUL'S gospel, the Gospel of Grace!

Paul is not the only one with the gospel of grace---Jesus is the one who came with grace and he let Paul in on it.

The Kingdom Gospel pertained to the Jews,

Haaaaa! There isn't a separate people with a separate kingdom!

Jesus brought both men into one!

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Don't you know how bad it is for you to speak against this? Don't you know how bad it is?

which they rejected by both executing the King and by stoning Stephen after he, using "irresistible wisdom", testified to the leaders of Israel of their risen Messiah.

Jesus is the MESSIAH of the WHOLE WORLD---he just came first to those who already belonged to God by faith.
God wanted to give Israel a Kingdom but they would not OBEY God and instead did evil in His sight and so God repented of the good with which He said He would bless them (Jer. 18), cut them off and turned instead to the Gentiles through Paul (Acts 9 and Romans 9-11).

ALL are BOUND TO THE SAME PLACE OF CONDEMNATION, DISOBEDIENCE. The Jews and Gentiles are ALL IN THE SAME PLACE UNTIL THEY COME TO CHRIST.

If you need the scripture references, just ask.

The Gospel of Grace is not about being obedient to a list of rules, its about calling upon the name of Jesus Christ for salvation,
...and being ready to do everything that Jesus says.

believing that Jesus died in your place, in payment for your sin and that God raised Him from the dead. In the Gospel of Grace there is but one rule - don't place yourself under the law! In the Gospel of Grace, you don't begin by putting your faith in Christ and then walk by the power of your flesh, which is what the law was all about - the flesh. You walk by the same means by which you began - faith. Grace starts and ends with faith and faith alone. It is for us to believe and for Christ to work - period.(Gal. 3)

You do not understand that Paul was NOT saying do not obey!!!! He was saying do not get circumcised!!!!
For us to work to acquire or maintain our salvation (same thing) is to declare Christ's death on the cross insufficient and ineffective. It is to say that death is an insufficient payment to satisfy the demands of justice. It is, in effect, to declare that God is unjust! Just how many times should the law have to kill someone before they're satisfied that "it is finished"? (Galatians 2:20)

All of which I know you agree with entirely, Tambora. I just wanted to take the opportunity to spell it out again for the others reading the thread.

God bless you and thanks for the kind words!

Resting in Him,
Clete

Oh how much I would like to help you unscramble that mess of beliefs and teachings that you have.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...and being ready to do everything that Jesus says.
The foolish woman continues with her favorite lie.

But she won't do everything that Jesus says.

Matthew 16:20 KJV
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you do not obey Jesus, you were never saved. Even Paul explains that as the test to know.
(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

If you do not obey Jesus, then you did NOT eat of him, and you are then not saved.
Matthew 16:20 KJV(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

If you do not obey Jesus, then you are not living through him and he Is not living through you.
Matthew 16:20 KJV(20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Foolish woman.

God's Truth

The foolish woman continues with her favorite lie.

But she won't do everything that Jesus says.

DO YOU DO ANYTHING that Jesus says?!

God's Truth

Foolish woman.

Jesus THEN told them to preach what he SAYS AND WHAT HE had done!

You have to accept the WHOLE GOSPEL TRUTH.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus THEN told them to preach what he SAYS AND WHAT HE had done!

You have to accept the WHOLE GOSPEL TRUTH.
Which is it, GT?
You must do EVERYTHING Jesus commands, or not?

Connect the dots, oh foolish woman.

God's Truth

Which is it, GT?

Do everything he commands and then you might be given wisdom to know THE WHOLE STORY.

God's Truth

Which is it, GT?

Is there ANYTHING YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE TO OBEY?

Where does Jesus says that since he told one person not to say anything it meant NO ONE EVER OBEY ANYTHING?

WOW!!!!!!!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There seems to be a Messianic Jewish movement afoot in these last days. I don't object to a born-again Jew wanting to get in touch with his/her "roots". But, "Hebrew Roots" are not for everybody in the Body of Christ. There is a lot that can be learned from an overview of Judaism, especially the "Feasts". However, Gentiles should beware of some "cultish" elements in some of these "Hebrew Roots" congregations. Remember, Paul is the Apostle to the Gentiles!
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. James 2:10

Biblically when are the last days? Were the last days already around the time when the new covenant came to be?

I don't know why you say Messianic Jewish and Hebrew Roots. I have learned much of Judaism. I was born a Gentile, but have said I am both Jewish and Christian, both by choice. The OP was not about Messianic Judaism. But, learning from the Bible with Torah or Judaism and possibly even Messianic Judaism can indeed help someone to know about the feasts.

If a person breaks any one of God's commands He has broken God's Law and is guilty. The Law is about love of God and love of your neighbor. Breaking any one command is breaking the whole thing.

Salvation is only found in Jesus.

Ben Masada

Why do you call them Jewbags?!

Jesus says if you do not forgive---you will not be forgiven.

That's true. Jesus meant that forgiveness is granted only by those whom we have offended or offended us. This discards the Christian claim that Jesus died so that we achieved forgiveness of our sins. If we need forgiveness, we must forgive whatever others have offended us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The other issue about Messianic Judiasm.... is that Judiasm was the biggest failure in all of the Old Testament. Why would someone want to hitch a ride on that cart? The Jews had EVERYTHING.. they had God living with them for a time, etc. Yet they turned their back on him for idols at every turn, and the Rabbi's made it so legalistic that they forgot why the laws were given in the first place.

I only have pity for the Jews, and the Holy Spirit tells me to stay away from their customs and beliefs.

Are you saying you have a problem with Biblical Judaism? Judaism, whether old covenant or new covenant, is of God. It is in Judaism that we learn of the expectation of the Messiah who would come. We see this expectation fulfilled in Yeshua Messiah (Jesus the Christ). I know some about Messianic Judaism. I don't know that I agree with everything I have ever heard in Messianic Judaism. But I do believe Jesus is the Messiah.