ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now we are also told that after "both" of the two things take place Deuteronomy 30:1 KJV that is when they have both received the blessings and the curse then another event will occur and it will not take place in heaven but here on earth Deuteronomy 30:12 KJV,,,

(Deut 30:17-18) But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, 18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pretty funny, eh, Craigie?!!

According to your own words, you are not capable of knowing if what happened in 70AD was the fulfillment of Bible prophecies:

"I will leave others much more capable than me to address the issue as to whether the historic events of A.D. 70 at Jerusalem, as they pertain to the biblical prophecies of judgment, were fulfilled at that time, as Preterists claim." - John Whalen HERE

It all makes sense now.

You aren't capable enough (your own words) to answer any questions regarding 70AD

Danoh

I'm not sure if you are a dispy or not but I sure like the way you reason a thing out.

He appears Futurist.

If memory serves me; a writer who died a year after Darby was born wrote much along the line of thought that both Futurism and Acts 2 Dispensationalism closely hold to - that Whitestone also appears to be writing from, as if from a Dispensational perspective.

But that is as far as I will venture as I am sure he is way better qualified to laying out his understanding of Futurism, and "books about" must be viewed in light of Scripture, not the other way around.

Danoh

(Deut 30:17-18) But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, 18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

Never mind Leviticus 26, nor Daniel's prayer in Daniel 9, nor Paul's "able to graft them in again" in Romans 11, both based on Leviticus 26.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Look close and ponder 1948,that is it might be possible to look upon it and see it as fulfilling one set of prophecies when it in fact is fulfilling another. That is there is an kingdom that is the image of the beast that was and was not yet is and it will ascend out of the bottomless pit so dont confuse these events with the fulfillment of another.

I've looked at 1948 from every position I believe there is, and I can't see any prophecies being fulfilled.

The beast is long gone.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Never mind Leviticus 26, nor Daniel's prayer in Daniel 9, nor Paul's "able to graft them in again" in Romans 11, both based on Leviticus 26.

Danoh, if you think Christ rejecting Jews can be grafted back into the Olive Tree today, then you also have to believe that YOU can be cut off if you don't continue in His kindness:

(Rom 11:22) Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Can you be cut off?

Most Darby followers are clueless when it comes to Romans 11, and you are proving it.

Danoh

Danoh, if you think Christ rejecting Jews can be grafted back into the Olive Tree today, then you also have to believe that YOU can be cut off if you don't continue in His kindness:

(Rom 11:22) Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Can you be cut off?

Most Darby followers are clueless when it comes to Romans 11

For once we agree - most Darby followers ARE clueless when it comes to Romans 11; perhaps even Darby - I don't know his view on the grafting in, and or cutting off, etc.

Do you?

And my understanding on that differs from that of many others, anyway.

john w

Hall of Fame
I asked gayboy Craigie:

"Would you call musterion, "mysteryboy," to his face, weasel?"

1. Did the punk, answer the question? Nope-he ignored it, like the weasel he is.

2.His slop/dung "response?:"

mysteryboy, like Danoh, has dug himself in a hole by claiming some stones were still left standing in 70AD.

Now that mysteryboy has taken that position, there are many questions he can't answer.

So, mysteryboy does what you do, and that's ignore the questions, and make posts about me instead of the topic.

Once again, mysteryboy proves the false teachings of Darby cannot be defended.

In other words, you are a whited, wall, wimpy, flaming actress, and lied, punk, when you, in mock "sincerity," said:

How many unbelievers have you won over to Christ by calling them names?...
Therefore, I stand by my original statement that calling someone a name who does not agree with how you understand the Bible makes no sense since there is the possibility you could be wrong....
In other words, no one ever achieves the 100% objective truth understanding of the Bible.Therefore, when I encounter a fellow believer who has a different understanding of scripture than I do, I do not rebuke them by calling them names, telling them they are not saved, insulting them, or calling them a liar like you do. I simply state what I have been taught, and what I believe is the objective truth of the Bible.You on the other hand, when encountering a believer who believes differently than you, are convinced that you know the 100% objective truth of the Bible, so you call the fellow believer names, and call them a liar.

So stuff your continual "ignore the questions" as that's quite irrelevant, you sissy, besides being another one of your habitual lies/hypocrisies, as you ignore 99% of the questions you are asked, you unemployed loser-the issue is your saying that you never call names/insult/attack others.

You do, punk, you lying slim, twitty pig-that is your MO on TOL, you wining, pining, little cry baby sissy, weasel.

john w

Hall of Fame
According to your own words, you are not capable of knowing if what happened in 70AD was the fulfillment of Bible prophecies:

"I will leave others much more capable than me to address the issue as to whether the historic events of A.D. 70 at Jerusalem, as they pertain to the biblical prophecies of judgment, were fulfilled at that time, as Preterists claim." - John Whalen HERE

It all makes sense now.

You aren't capable enough (your own words) to answer any questions regarding 70AD
Identify this "everyone," you little, twitty weasel.

And you aren't capable, greasy boy, of answering that, or the one re. the Roman army was the second coming, or identifying these "bunch of men" that are infallible, that taught you, or 45 other questions that I've asked you, as you folded, like you did in the Hilston debate, admitting that your "man made" AD 70-ism/Preterism is satanic, and a "man made invention," as you can't defend it. No one taught it before you did, for you won't/can't name these "bunch of men."

Poor wimpy Craigie Berstein.

Get a job yet, holed up slug/infidel?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Identify this "everyone," you little, twitty weasel.

Another "gem" from Little Johnny W:

"When God temporarily set aside the nation of Israel, as recorded in the book of Acts, the "sabbatical clock" stopped ticking." - John Whalen HERE

"sabbatical clock stopped ticking" :rotfl:

Hey Johnny, your buddy STP says Israel wasn't set aside in Acts, he says there was no sabbatical clock or prophetic clock that stopped, he says God kept dealing with Israel until 70AD.

Hey Johnny, if Israel's "sabbatical clock" stopped in Acts, why were prophecies for Israel fulfilled in 70AD?

Oh, never mind, I forgot you're not capable (your words) of answering that question.

whitestone

I've looked at 1948 from every position I believe there is, and I can't see any prophecies being fulfilled.

The beast is long gone.

lol, thinking as an preterit I suppose you would. Consider Revelation 18:21 KJV and Romans 13:1 KJV and notice that according to you there is suppose to be no city there,nor a king with an army it's supposed to be "found no more at all"...

Which is the problem in it because it does exist,and has since 1948 and undoubtedly is established by God or else he would have let them loose the wars they fought in the first few years of their newly formed state.

whitestone

"AFTER" Deuteronomy 30:1 KJV both things the blessing and the curse,,,was ad70 a blessing or a curse?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lol, thinking as an preterit I suppose you would. Consider Revelation 18:21 KJV

That was fulfilled in 70AD

Jerusalem was the great city Babylon, and it was destroyed in 70AD.

After the destruction, Josephus said that if a visitor came looking for Jerusalem, the visitor could be standing where Jerusalem used to be and not know a city used to be there.

(Rev 18:21) Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said:

“With such violence
the great city of Babylon will be thrown down,
never to be found again.

To this day, no one knows where the temple was because the city was destroyed that badly in 70AD.

Danoh

You can read Darby's synopsis of Romans 11 HERE

What's your understanding of verse 22?

Interesting read; thanks for the link.

I'm not sure I caught all Darby said there. I'd have to re-read his wording towards an overall sense of how he expresses his intended sense through words; as I've read very little by him and am not used to how he expresses himself.

He does appear to have held to a position that is one aspect similar to my own.

Danoh

After the destruction, Josephus said that if a visitor came looking for Jerusalem, the visitor could be standing where Jerusalem used to be and not know a city used to be there.

(Rev 18:21) Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said:

“With such violence
never to be found again.

To this day, no one knows where the temple was because the city was destroyed that badly in 70AD.

I'm curious - what's your take on the Western Wall and Three Towers Josephus asserts were ordered to be left untouched?

whitestone

“With such violence
never to be found again.

lol,Josephus also said they revolted against Caesar "revolt,rebel,Jewish wars= did not worship Caesar" the Jews minted their own money,,,"minted Jewish revolt coinage=no take the mark of Caesar",,,

You have no beast in your eschatology,,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Which is the problem in it because it does exist,and has since 1948

Just because Christ rejecting Jews rebuilt a modern city where Jerusalem used to be, doesn't mean it's the same city.

Like I said earlier, no one even knows where the temple was, nor does anyone know what the Wailing Wall is.

and undoubtedly is established by God or else he would have let them loose the wars they fought in the first few years of their newly formed state.

That's like saying the Soviet Union was established by God because they won WWII after being established.

It's contrary to scripture.

Interplanner

If it's any help, you can look at the things Jews wrote in the 19th century in northern Europe. The spoke of Jerusalem as having been destroyed and gone, etc, when they first got interested in returning instead of living in other countries.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lol,Josephus also said they revolted against Caesar "revolt,rebel,Jewish wars= did not worship Caesar" the Jews minted their own money,,,"minted Jewish revolt coinage=no take the mark of Caesar",,,

You have no beast in your eschatology,,,

What good did their own money do after the Romans surrounded the city?

Could they buy and sell inside the walls?