Importance of Obedience - Law vs Faith

Epoisses

The law that was broken in Eden was the law of faith!!! Look it up in Romans 3 if you don't believe me. Eve believed the serpent over God and Adam believed Eve over God. There were no ten commandments back then. And if you want to get technical the only posted commandment was not to eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. That was it. No Sabbath commandment, no adultery commandment seeing there were only two people. No stealing commandment since everything belonged to them already. And no honor your Father and Mother because they didn't have any human father or mother.

Sorry SDA (and those who subscribe to their error) but your precious law in the garden of Eden is just another fairy tale from your false prophetess!!! These people will say anything to worship a Jewish law that was never even for them in the first place.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
These people will say anything to worship a Jewish law that was never even for them in the first place.

And some people worship a Jewish Messiah who is not their King. The Apostles were told, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:19-20)

The phrase "in the name of" means by the authority of.

Epoisses

And some people worship a Jewish Messiah who is not their King. The Apostles were told, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you..." (Matthew 28:19-20)

The phrase "in the name of" means by the authority of.

Christians are not required to keep the Jewish Sabbath. We rest in the finished work of Christ. Jesus is our Sabbath rest. Jesus fulfilled every type and shadow of the law especially the Sabbath.

Epoisses

We don't keep the Jewish Sabbath, we keep God's Sabbath, the same one Jesus kept.

You didn't know Jesus kept God's Sabbath did you?

Jesus was a Jew. Christianity didn't even begin until the resurrection on Son-day.

Son-day......get it?

God's Truth

We are saved by jumping thru hoops and begging for a biscuit. Jesus is a people trainer.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 Corinthians 2:18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

God's Truth

We are saved by jumping thru hoops and begging for a biscuit. Jesus is a people trainer.

Train ourselves.

Luke 6:40 A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.

1 Corinthians 9:25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

1 Timothy 4:7, 8 Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Titus 2:4 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,

Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Gurucam

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Let us build our house on the 'rock', as Jesus says to build it.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

Romans: 6 KJV N.T.
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

In the above, whether indicates a choice. In this case a choice of yielding yourselves servant to either the old flawed Mosaic covenant (described as the law of sin and death) or the New Spirit based Christian covenant which makes one free from the law of sin and death (described as obedience unto righteousness and obeying from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you).

This revelation is about sin not having dominion over one. Therefore it is about the New covenant which is: the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus which makes one free from Moses law. The New covenant is describes in the following:

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death (Moses law).

The New covenant, above, is supported by:

Acts: 13 King James Version (KJV)
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Romans: 3 King James Version (KJV)
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

The Old covenant is Moses law. Moses' law is also called the ten commandments and the law of sin and death. It is flawed.

Hebrews: 8 KJV N.T.
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

Under the Old flawed covenant sin have total dominion over one.

Romans: 3 KJV N.T.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans: 3 KJV N.T.
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

The word whether convey two choices. It refers to yielding yourselves servant to either 'sin sin onto death' (the first flawed covenant) or 'obedience onto righteousness' (the New covenant).

Under the first flawed covenant there can be no obedience onto righteousness. There is only sin onto death. That is, under the first flawed covenant all inevitably sin and come short of the glory of God. This is the curse of Moses law.

This means that if you chose to yield yourselves servant to the old, first flawed covenant you will inevitably sin, earn spiritual death and earn delivery into hell, inside the earth with Satan. This is the end of those who choose to esteem, use, promote and invoke Moses' law.

However, Christ has redeemed 'believers' from this curse of the law, by totally removing Moses law from the lives of 'believers':

Galatians: 3 King James Version (KJV)
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Christ is about a New covenant that is based on the following:

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death (Moses law)

Acts: 13 King James Version (KJV)
39 And by him all that believe ('believers') are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Romans: 3 King James Version (KJV)
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Therefore Christ has redeem 'believers' from the curse of the law by totally removing (dismissing and relegating) the Old flawed Mosaic commandment and replacing it with the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath makes 'believers in Jesus' free from the law of sin and death, (Moses law)

'The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus which makes believers free from the law of sin and death, (i.e. Moses law)' is:

Obedience to the 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God, Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Truth, as discerned within one's own heart or spirit, even if one has to transgress the ten commandments. Fact is the Spirit of Truth brings All Truth. Being led into all of one's works by unconditionally obeying the Spirit of Truth is described as, obedience onto righteousness.

John: 16 King James Version (KJV)
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

When one unconditionally obey the Spirit of Jesus, this is described as yield yourselves servants to obedience unto righteousness and obeying from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you (as described in the above quoted opening KJV N.T. revelation).

This is about searching your heart to know what the Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Truth has in mind for you to know, pray for, say and do and obeying this unconditionally, even if you have to transgress Moses law. This is the New covenant.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Under this approach (the New covenant) when one does the things that are deemed sinful according to Moses' law one get no sin. 'Sin has no dominion over one.' This is the meaning of:

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you (i.e. you search your heart and precisely discerned the mind of the Spirit of Truth and you obeyed this unconditionally).
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

The above conveys that although you did the things that were sinful according to Moses law, you were led to do those things by the Spirit of Jesus, as discerned in your own heart (i.e, you served in the newness of spirit) and therefore you were free from sin (you did not get sin). This is literally supported by:

Romans: 7 KJV N.T.
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

. . . hope that that this is helpful. It is truth in the fullness of time . . . given under grace of God, in the body of Christ.

Last edited:

JonahofAkron

That is true, as far as the KJV N.T. goes. Christianity is totally based and anchored on the Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Truth. And this Spirit was made available only after Jesus' crucifixion and rise to heaven. The Spirit of Truth is the Spirit, 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God Lord Jesus.

John: 16 KJV N.T.
6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

2 Corinthians: 3 King James Version (KJV)
17 Now (since 2000 odd years ago) the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
That's new.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Gurucam

That's new.

No, they are at least 2000 odd years old.

They are simply quotes from the KJV N.T.

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

17 Now (since 2000 odd years ago) the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JonahofAkron

No, they are at least 2000 odd years old.

They are simply quotes from the KJV N.T.

Sorry. I meant that it was new that you were agreeing with something I said.