Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I just believe what the Bible says instead of what YOU CLAIM it says.

here's what I CLAIM it says:

Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and
he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone
in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and
they have no rest day nor night
who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

timmy the chimp said:
Rev 14:9-11 does NOT say that people go to hell when they die where they will be tortured alive forever.

what it says is very clear:

Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and

who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Timotheos

here's what I CLAIM it says:

what it says is very clear:

So we are in agreement, Rev 14:9-11 does NOT say that people go to hell when they die where they will be tortured alive forever.
Thus, we are in agreement that there is NO scripture passage in the Bible which says that people go to hell when they die where they will be tortured alive forever. Now, if you actually read the Bible, you will find that there are many scripture passages that specifically state that the wicked will perish, they will be destroyed, and they will be no more.

Also, insults do not prove anything but you are as ugly as you are stupid.

ok doser

So we are in agreement, Rev 14:9-11 does NOT say that people

no, it doesn't say "people"

it says "any man (who does) worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand"

far as i can tell, "man" means "people"

timmy the tard said:
go to hell

no, it doesn't say hell

timmy the tard said:
when they die

and it doesn't say "when they die"

timmy the tard said:
where they will be tortured

no, it doesn't say "tortured"

it says "tormented"

timmy the tard said:
alive forever.

no, it doesn't say "alive forever"

it says "no rest day nor night"

i had forgotten your difficulties with reeding comprenshun

Timotheos

no, it doesn't say "people"

it says "any man (who does) worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand"

far as i can tell, "man" means "people"

no, it doesn't say hell

and it doesn't say "when they die"

no, it doesn't say "tortured"

it says "tormented"

no, it doesn't say "alive forever"

it says "no rest day nor night"

i had forgotten your difficulties with reeding comprenshun

According to the Bible, the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. How is your "reeding comprehenshun"? According to the Bible, what is the wages of sin? According to the Bible, what is the gift of God to those who are in Christ Jesus?

Editted to add:
I forgot to add the required insult - You have severe body odor.

ok doser

Timmy the tard said:
According to the Bible, what is the wages of sin?

for those men who worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand?

to be tormented with fire and brimstone without rest day or night

just like it says

Timotheos

for those men who worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand?

to be tormented with fire and brimstone without rest day or night

just like it says

Actually the Bible does not say "The wages of is to be tormented with fire and brimstone without rest day or night. If you bothered to read my post before responding to it, you would have seen the answer to my question right there! The Bible says in Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

For double or nothing, according to the Bible what is the wages of sin?
Bonus points if you know what Romans 6:23 says the Gift of God is.

Since you don't know, I will tell you. According to the Bible, the wages of sin is death.
Romans 6:23 says that the Gift of God is Eternal Life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Reading Comprehension Test:
1. What is the wages of sin?
a. The same as the current minimum wage
b. Death
c. To be burned alive in Hell without ever being allowed to die
d. OKdoser smells bad

2. According to Romans 6:23, what is the gift of God?
a. Walmart Gift Cards
b. Eternal Life
c. The gift of not having God torture you alive in Hell
d. Trick Question because everyone already has eternal life
e. We are all dead right now so we can't even open presents from God

(PS Okdoser, you really smell bad)

lifeisgood

I'm sorry, but the Bible simply does not say that "Every single person in the world is dead now."
You will have to do better if you expect me to believe that, perhaps by posting a scripture verse that ACTUALLY SAYS "Every single person in the world is dead now." Good luck with that. In the meantime, I will continue to believe what the Bible says instead of what you people claim that it says. Is that okay with you?

Nicodemus, you are a teacher of the Law and you do not know that you need to be born again?

lifeisgood

I agree. So do you admit that under your doctrine that the penalty for sin is to be sent to burning Hell, that Jesus did not pay the penalty for sin?

It is not my doctrine Timotheos. It is God's
God still provides a way for a human being NOT to go go eternal Hell and that is accept God's payment --- Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

A human being accepts God's payment and that human being is going to be in eternal Heaven.
A human being rejects God's payment and that human being is going to be in eternal Hell.

There is not a third option.

I'm sorry, but the Bible simply does not say that. It says that the only way to have eternal life is by faith in Jesus Christ. Whosoever believes in Him shall not PERISH but will have ETERNAL LIFE. The Bible also never once says "Man goes to eternal Hell out of their own volition." You are making a lot of claims that the Bible doesn't support. Are you aware of this?

Well, God has provided the way for a human being NOT to go to eternal Hell together with the Devil and his henchmen, if man REJECTS what God has provided as the ONLY way to Heaven then that man will go to eternal Hell.

I did not established the rules, God did.

P.S. And man is dead now and need to be resurrected now; otherwise, there is no eternal Heaven at all. If you cannot understand that, you are like Nicodemus.

Timotheos

Nicodemus, you are a teacher of the Law and you do not know that you need to be born again?
That's a bit random. When did I ever deny that a person must be born again? In fact, Jesus' teaching in John 3 confirms what I believe, that a person must be born again, or from above, (the Greek word is ἄνωθεν) in order to receive eternal life.

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Lifeisgood, it seems that you do not understand the things of the Spirit. "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

The gift of God is eternal life to those who put their faith in Jesus Christ. That is the ONLY way to receive eternal life, and if a person does not receive eternal life, they simply do not HAVE eternal life. They will perish, just as the Bible clearly states.

Timotheos

It is not my doctrine Timotheos. It is God's
God still provides a way for a human being NOT to go go eternal Hell and that is accept God's payment --- Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

A human being accepts God's payment and that human being is going to be in eternal Heaven.
A human being rejects God's payment and that human being is going to be in eternal Hell.

There is not a third option.

Well, God has provided the way for a human being NOT to go to eternal Hell together with the Devil and his henchmen, if man REJECTS what God has provided as the ONLY way to Heaven then that man will go to eternal Hell.

I did not established the rules, God did.

P.S. And man is dead now and need to be resurrected now; otherwise, there is no eternal Heaven at all. If you cannot understand that, you are like Nicodemus.

That is not what the Bible says or what the Bible teaches.
The Bible never once says "God created a way for man to not go to eternal hell." You made that up or you are repeating what you heard from some false teacher. The Bible also NEVER says "A human being rejects God's payment and that human being is going to be in eternal Hell." Either you made that up too, or you are repeating some false teacher. What I say to you is written in the Bible. What you are claiming is not found anywhere in the Bible. I know that eternal torture in hell is a VERY popular belief. The popularity of a doctrine does not determine the truthfulness of that doctrine. What matters, the ONLY thing that matters is what the BIBLE says.

lifeisgood

That's a bit random. When did I ever deny that a person must be born again? In fact, Jesus' teaching in John 3 confirms what I believe, that a person must be born again, or from above, (the Greek word is ἄνωθεν) in order to receive eternal life.

"The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Lifeisgood, it seems that you do not understand the things of the Spirit. "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

The gift of God is eternal life to those who put their faith in Jesus Christ. That is the ONLY way to receive eternal life, and if a person does not receive eternal life, they simply do not HAVE eternal life. They will perish, just as the Bible clearly states.

I do not believe we were talking about salvation, but the rejection of salvation which is eternal Hell.

Clearly they will perish in Hell which is eternal.

People who rejects Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary are going to be in eternal Hell looking up at those in eternal Heaven who accepted it.

Now, you don't want to believe that, that's your decision to make.

lifeisgood

That is not what the Bible says or what the Bible teaches.
The Bible never once says "God created a way for man to not go to eternal hell." You made that up or you are repeating what you heard from some false teacher. The Bible also NEVER says "A human being rejects God's payment and that human being is going to be in eternal Hell." Either you made that up too, or you are repeating some false teacher. What I say to you is written in the Bible. What you are claiming is not found anywhere in the Bible. I know that eternal torture in hell is a VERY popular belief. The popularity of a doctrine does not determine the truthfulness of that doctrine. What matters, the ONLY thing that matters is what the BIBLE says.

The Bible clearly says that Hell has been prepared for the Devil and his henchmen.
If man rejects God's ONLY way to NOT go there, then that's not God's fault.

Jesus warned about eternal Hell.
I believe Jesus before I will believe anybody else.
If Jesus said that Hell is eternal and hot, I'll take His word for it.

There is an eternal Hell (bad).
There is an eternal Heaven (good).

The only way to go to one and not the other is Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

Timotheos

I do not believe we were talking about salvation, but the rejection of salvation which is eternal Hell.
Actually, the Bible does not say that. The rejection of the gift of Eternal Life results in the person NOT receiving the gift of eternal life. They will perish, just as the Bible clearly states.

Clearly they will perish in Hell which is eternal.
Having eternal life in hell being tortured alive is the exact opposite of "perishing".

People who rejects Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary are going to be in eternal Hell looking up at those in eternal Heaven who accepted it.
That is not what the Bible says. I challenge you to produce the Chapter and Verse that actually SAYS this!

Now, you don't want to believe that, that's your decision to make.
I believe what the Bible says, that the wages of sin is death and the gift of God is eternal life. Yes, it is my decision to believe what the Bible says over what you say. If you don't want to believe what the Bible actually SAYS, that's your own decision to make.

The Bible clearly says that Hell has been prepared for the Devil and his henchmen.
In FACT, the Bible does NOT say that. It say the eternal fire has been prepared, it doesn't say "Hell". You added that in there yourself. As I told you before, the eternal fire burns up (katakausai, remember?) what is put into it.
If man rejects God's ONLY way to NOT go there, then that's not God's fault.
If a man changes what God says, a person should reject what the man says and believe what God says. "For the wages of sin is DEATH, but the gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus warned about eternal Hell.
Jesus warned that both the body and the soul would be destroyed in Hell. (He said Gehenna)
I believe Jesus before I will believe anybody else.
Evidentally not, since Jesus said "Fear the one who is able to DESTROY both body and soul in Hell".
If Jesus said that Hell is eternal and hot, I'll take His word for it.
If Jesus HAD said that, I would believe it too. Since Jesus NEVER said that, there is no reason to believe it. Since Jesus said that both the soul and the body would be destroyed in hell, I'll take His word for that.

There is an eternal Hell (bad).
The Bible simply does not say that.
There is an eternal Heaven (good).
God is eternal, and He has promised to give us the gift of eternal life, and He has said that those who reject the gift of eternal life will perish.

The only way to go to one and not the other is Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.
The only way to have eternal life is by faith in Jesus Christ. Otherwise you will not have eternal life. Those who do not have eternal life will perish, just as the Bible says.

ok doser

Actually the Bible does not say "The wages of is to be tormented with fire and brimstone without rest day or night. If you bothered to read my post before responding to it, you would have seen the answer to my question right there! The Bible says in Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

For double or nothing, according to the Bible what is the wages of sin?
Bonus points if you know what Romans 6:23 says the Gift of God is.

Since you don't know, I will tell you. According to the Bible, the wages of sin is death.
Romans 6:23 says that the Gift of God is Eternal Life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Reading Comprehension Test:
1. What is the wages of sin?
a. The same as the current minimum wage
b. Death
c. To be burned alive in Hell without ever being allowed to die
d. OKdoser smells bad

2. According to Romans 6:23, what is the gift of God?
a. Walmart Gift Cards
b. Eternal Life
c. The gift of not having God torture you alive in Hell
d. Trick Question because everyone already has eternal life
e. We are all dead right now so we can't even open presents from God

(PS Okdoser, you really smell bad)

ask me if I care that an obsessive retard like you wants to ignore Rev 14 :idunno:

Timotheos

ask me if I care that an obsessive retard like you wants to ignore Rev 14 :idunno:

I don't ignore Rev 14. It doesn't say what you want it to say.

Why don't you ask ME if I care that YOU want to ignore the entire rest of the Bible? :idunno:

What does John 3:16 say in your Bible? Do you even know? Can you post it here? Why do you disagree with John 3:16? Why do you hate Jesus Christ?

ok doser

timmy the tard said:
It doesn't say what you want it to say.

here's what I "want it to say":

Timotheos

here's what I "want it to say":

I know. It doesn't say that bad people will go to hell when they die where God will arrange for them to be tortured alive forever while they are undead. Which is what it needs to say in order for your false doctrine to be correct.

What does John 3:16 say in your Bible? Why do you want to ignore John 3:16? Why do you hate the gospel?