ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

God's Truth

(Matt 27:51-52) At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

Who were these many HOLY people who were raised to life and went into Jerusalem and appeared to many people?

(Matt 27:53) They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people

...and some were raised to EVERLASTING CONTEMPT???

Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No; you NEED TO attempt to push your view.

The very definition of neuroses.

You obviously have no idea what neuroses is. You might want to google it.

You can't log on to TOL without Dispy Disp of the brain :rotfl:

As I said earlier, I point out the errors of Dispensationalism, and when Darby followers such as yourself can't defend Dispensationalism, you are left with no other alternative than to try and make it about me. Thus, your neuroses claim, and why you haven't attempted to explain the three verses from the Apostle Paul I gave that support Preterism.

You are no different than Little Johnny W.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
...and some were raised to EVERLASTING CONTEMPT???

Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Notice it says "the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life".

It doesn't say only holy people who had died were raised to life.

Interplanner

For what matters about the power of Christ's words about the DofJ, Josephus does not stand alone. But thanks all the same for downgrading Lindsay even further. A person who calls Holford a fool is well beyond credibility. I'm less than interested in any other comments they have on church history.

Danoh

You obviously have no idea what neuroses is. You might want to google it.

As I said earlier, I point out the errors of Dispensationalism, and when Darby followers such as yourself can't defend Dispensationalism, you are left with no other alternative than to try and make it about me. Thus, your neuroses claim, and why you haven't attempted to explain the three verses from the Apostle Paul I gave that support Preterism.

You are no different than Little Johnny W.

I've yet to know of anyone ever presenting a view to a neurotic's satisfaction.

You really should seek professional help; you've been at this on TOL for many, many years now.

Jerry Shugart's twin; prior to TOL, he was posing the exact baiting questions to other MADS on some other forum I once ran accross a few years back.

Seriously; you need professional psychiatric help...

God's Truth

Tet,

Could you reply to the others things that I said in my reply to you?

There is a spiritual resurrection that happens before a physical resurrection, but those are two separate events. One is the first resurrection and the other is the second resurrection.

See Revelation 20:5

The whole creation still groans. Tell the animals and the whole creation it does not have to groan. Tell that to the aged and sick that they do not have to groan.

Romans 8:22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.…

Did you read that?

The scripture says we eagerly wait for the REDEMPTION of our bodies.

How do you get that we already have our bodies redeemed to us?

It is because of sin that God did not let us live forever.

Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

With your beliefs, God does not give us what was taken away.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Josephus is your Hal Lindsey through and through...

Josephus wasn't a Darby follower. Josephus was a historian, who wrote what he saw take place.

Hal Lindsey is a Darby follower, who just like you, attempts to make the false teachings of Darby fit the Bible.

Danoh

For what matters about the power of Christ's words about the DofJ, Josephus does not stand alone. But thanks all the same for downgrading Lindsay even further. A person who calls Holford a fool is well beyond credibility. I'm less than interested in any other comments they have on church history.

You're repeating yourself.

Danoh

Josephus wasn't a Darby follower. Josephus was a historian, who wrote what he saw take place.

Hal Lindsey is a Darby follower, who just like you, attempts to make the false teachings of Darby fit the Bible.

Yep; he wrote all about Massada- though he was not even there. Never mind the body count has never matched his fib.

ClimateSanity

I used to read Hal Lindsey with awe back in the early 80's. I am seeing the same level of reverence for holford from r2d2 c3po maniac here.