ECT "The Big Switch"

john w

Hall of Fame
"The Big Switch", believers-"The Big Switch."

Believers cannot be put on trial again, as we died in Him, and that would be "double jeopardy", and make the LORD God unrighteous, and we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit, and no one has the power to break that seal, despite "the Cains" of the world protests to the contrary, and circumcision is irreversible, and adoption is irreversible.

Believers, adopted sons, now have the righteousness of God in Christ based upon the work of the Saviour alone.

When the Lord Jesus Christ died, we were reckoned to have died in Him-executed, dead, justice served. DEAD.
When the Lord Jesus Christ was buried, we, who we were "in Adam", our "old man", was reckoned to be buried.
When the Lord Jesus Christ rose, we are reckoned to have rose with Him in the newness of life.
When the Lord Jesus Christ ascended, we are reckoned to have ascended with Him, seated in heavenly places.

Believe this good news.

The Cains of the world do not know what happened at Calvary, and why. And hence, due to pride, they are still pulling up their fig aprons.

They cannot choose to be unsaved, despite their unbelief/faltering faith, since justification(and sanctification, and future glorification) is dependent on the LORD God's faithfulness, not theirs. They have no power to break the Father's seal of the Spirit, which God promises to keep sealed unto the day of redemption, nor do they have the power to reverse their adoption, nor do do they have the power to be "re tried"(as in court trial), since they are dead, nor can they be "uncircumcized", nor can they chose to be "pucked"/removed from the body of Christ, as they were identified permanently as a member of this body(try plucking your eye out).

"It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself." 2 timothy 2:11-13 KJV

Read it, memorize it Cains:

"If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself..."

As I wrote, and others before me, when we believe the gospel of Christ, we become identified(basic meaning of the word baptize) with the Lord Jesus Christ's death-we died with Him-His death was credited as ours. Since we are identified with Christ's death, we cannot become "unidentified", as we are now sealed in our identification by the Holy Spirit(Eph. 1:3 KJV). Per 2 Tim. 2:12 KJV, if we suffer with Him, we will reign with Him. However, if we deny Him, He will deny us reigning with Him(Romans 8:17-18 KJV). However, 2 Timothy 2:13 KJV says "if we believe not", and Paul is including himself in this hypothetical situation. Paul is saved, and yet he says "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful." If Paul, for some/any reason, had stopped believing, , he would still be saved, because of the LORD God's faithfulness(despite our faulty comprehension of this "good news"), and so Paul concludes "he(God) cannot deny himself." Again, once a person is justified, he is placed, identified, "baptized" and sealed by the Holy Spirit into the BOC. Per Ephesians 5:30 KJV:

" For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones."

Thus, Paul can say God "cannot deny himself.The LORD God cannot, and will not, deny the body of Christ, which is a spiritual organism(not organization), comprised of believers in this dispensation of the grace of God. Therefore, once a person makes a decision to believe the gospel of Christ, they are saved, justified, and cannot choose to anytime thereafter to become "unsaved/unjustified." The LORD God will remain faithful to His children, and will not deny Himself-the BOC. The promise to not "deny himself" is a reference to not being able to deny the BOC, his children. And those who do "believe not", including apostates(see Demas, an apostate-2 Tim. 4:10 KJV), may suffer loss of rewards , including reigning with Him, but they are still eternally secure.

Those that pound the table with "Apostasy is a possibility since we are not robots" cliche, perverts the gospel of Christ, focusing on "I", and confusing the doctrines of justification with sanctification. We are not "robots" in our sanctification either-that is irrelevant..

The cross of Christ is "I" crossed out. It is physically impossible to crucify yourself, and "un"crucify" yourself-a learning lesson, per Romans 15:4 KJV.

Apostasy is not only a possibility, it is an inevitability while in these bodies of flesh. Any one here ever doubted there eternal security just once in their life? I have. An honest man/woman would admit he has. But I thank the LORD God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, that my eternal security in Christ is not dependent on my faithfulness, my ability to "keep on believing", my promise to "keep on believing", but on the faithfulness and promise of the LORD God.

"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began" Titus 1:2 KJV

My faith, the Cain's self righteous faith, is nothing and faulters all day long. My faith accepts "...the faith of Jesus Christ..."(Romans 3:22 KJV; Galatians 2:16 KJV, Galatians 2:22 KJV; Philippians 3:9 KJV) and what he did, while "religion"'s faith is a works-based performance system,which you "disguise" as "faith", and is under a curse. Works are making a claim on God(a debt) by basing your acceptance by Holy God of yourself on what you have done or will do, your "faith", your "good works", your "commitment", your "surrender" instead of what was already done for us 2000 years ago. Why is it that humans are happy to receive a gift from a loved one without insulting that loved one by asking "How much do I owe you?", but refuse the same to our Creator, redeemer, and Saviour?

Justification is a legal declaration by God of "not guilty". By definition, it is irrevocable. A criminal was has been pronounced "not guilty" is still "not guilty", whether he/she acknowledges it or not.

Also, the pardon(which is not equivalent to being justified-see my posts-you've read them), you receive by trusting in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ,you cannot become "unpardoned".

The LORD God's gifts, unlike sinful humanity's gifts, are irrevocable: "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance"(Romans 11:29 KJV). Repentance means "to change your mind". In simple, "5th grade English", the Lord God says it is irrevocable, despite our often faulty opinion"/comprehension.

Before we were saved, we were the keeper of our own souls, and we could not do anything but fail in its keeping. But when we are saved, we have turned over our souls to the protection of another-the LORD God. He is now committed to the keeping of our souls to the end-it is based on His faithfulness, not ours. Depending on our faithfulness is a simple concept-we call it religion.This is the opposite of Christianity. Religion is man substituting himself for God-Christianity is God substituting Himself for man.

"Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 1:8 KJV

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6 KJV

My confirmation unto the end is and the performance of the work is in His hands, not mine. Thus, I cannot become lost by failing in my "committment" to Him, my "faith"=service. My salvation is not based on my commitment(religion)-it is based on God's commitment. Thus, the loss of personal commitment, and that includes the lack of good works, which is inevitable for me and all believers, does not affect our eternal destiny. No, the only way to lose my salvation is to somehow get God to fail in His commitment. That won't happen.

I "lose" my "commitment" daily, as every one does, as my "commitment" wavers every day, and is unreliable. Only one person to have ever walk this earth exhibited "total", "100%", unwavering "commitment" to the LORD God=the Lord Jesus Christ. And I thank God the Father, through the Lord Jesus Christ, that my justification is not dependent on my "faithfulness", which "comes short" every day, and is an unreliable, subjective gauge of my justification,but on the faithfulness, the "commitment", of the Lord Jesus Christ.

When the Lord Jesus Christ died at Calvary, I died with Him. When He was buried, I was buried with Him. When He rose from the dead, I rose from the dead. When He ascended, I ascended. I am now a "new creature"(2 Cor. 5:17 KJV, Gal. 6:15 KJV) in Christ, as my sin(singular) was judged at Calvary(Romans 8:3 KJV), and my sins(plural) were forgiven at Calvary(1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV). No charges can be filed against me, as the trial is over, as the Judge and jury met, and all charges were heard, I was judged as guilty, I "shut up" and plead guilty(Romans 3:19 KJV), who I was was "in Adam" was executed, and who I was "in Adam"(1 Cor. 5:22 KJV) is now "dead"(Col.3:3 KJV),justice was served, and am "made alive"(1 Cor. 15:22 KJV) in Christ. Who I, John W was formerly, a "walking dead man"(spiritually), died. A dead man cannot be retried, my circumcision(Col. 2:11 KJV) is irreversible, and the seal of the Holy Spirit(2 Cor. 1:22 KJV, 2 Cor. 5:5 KJV; Eph. 1:13 KJV,Eph. 4:30 KJV, Romans 8:15 KJV) is an unbreakable, guaranteed security, guaranteed ownership, guaranteed finished transaction, with the "warranty" being the Holy Spirit Himself. This seal cannot, nor will it, be broken. I now not only have forgiveness, I have justification, a judicial declaration by the LORD God, and now have the righteousness of God in Christ.

No one on this board can bring charges against me, nor any other new creature in Christ, like the Cains do, day after day with his "conditional security" bad news, regardless of our/my inevitable lack of "commitment"/"faithfulness.". And this is the "good news" of the great God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Again:

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Phil. 1:6 KJV

I am confident of this "guarantee", based on the promise and faithfulness of the LORD God.

Yes, I often am "immature" in my "Christian living"=my walk/service/commitment....., I admit that, but I, unlike the Cains, do not base my righteous standing before a holy LORD God on my subjective, unreliable, wavering, "Christian living"/ walk/service/commitment/"continuing to believe...", as they do, but on the objective work and faithfulness of the Saviour 2000 years ago, and am therefore justified.

I like the contrast.

The Cain's protest??!!!!Translation: I, Cain, am ignorant and clueless as to what happened at Calvary and why, and thus the doctrine of justification I just don't get, even though a 5th grader who reads the Holy Bible and believes it can get it, but I am so buried in my commentaries, articles, and commentaries on commentaries on articles about opinions about opinions of what others think the Holy Bible means, I have isolated myself from The Holy Bible, and must assert that justification is a "debatable Christian issue", as all "religions" do, such as Roman Catholicism, Presys, Church of Christ'ers.....and this is why I reject the righteousness of God, imputed to believers, and this is why I reject the sealing of the Holy Spirit, reject that adoption and circumcision is irreversible, and reject that believers are dead in Christ, and cannot be put on trial again.

Accept the gift of justification,Cains. Quit perverting the gospel of Christ with your "continuing to believe...surrender...commitment......" "difficult believism" re-defining of justification, Cains.

I know, I know....We will pray for you, my dear, misguided John W, as you are not walking in the Spirit......Repent of your sins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What sin/sins?

Take it away, LORD God.....

God's Truth

Believers cannot be put on trial again, as we died in Him, and that would be "double jeopardy", and make the LORD God unrighteous, and we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit, and no one has the power to break that seal, despite "the Cains" of the world protests to the contrary, and circumcision is irreversible, and adoption is irreversible.

Believers, adopted sons, now have the righteousness of God in Christ based upon the work of the Saviour alone.

When the Lord Jesus Christ died, we were reckoned to have died in Him-executed, dead, justice served. DEAD.
When the Lord Jesus Christ was buried, we, who we were "in Adam", our "old man", was reckoned to be buried.
When the Lord Jesus Christ rose, we are reckoned to have rose with Him in the newness of life.
When the Lord Jesus Christ ascended, we are reckoned to have ascended with Him, seated in heavenly places.

Believe this good news.

The Cains of the world do not know what happened at Calvary, and why. And hence, due to pride, they are still pulling up their fig aprons.

They cannot choose to be unsaved, despite their unbelief/faltering faith, since justification(and sanctification, and future glorification) is dependent on the LORD God's faithfulness, not theirs. They have no power to break the Father's seal of the Spirit, which God promises to keep sealed unto the day of redemption, nor do they have the power to reverse their adoption, nor do do they have the power to be "re tried"(as in court trial), since they are dead, nor can they be "uncircumcized", nor can they chose to be "pucked"/removed from the body of Christ, as they were identified permanently as a member of this body(try plucking your eye out).

"It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself." 2 timothy 2:11-13 KJV

Read it, memorize it Cains:

"If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself..."

As I wrote, and others before me, when we believe the gospel of Christ, we become identified(basic meaning of the word baptize) with the Lord Jesus Christ's death-we died with Him-His death was credited as ours. Since we are identified with Christ's death, we cannot become "unidentified", as we are now sealed in our identification by the Holy Spirit(Eph. 1:3 KJV). Per 2 Tim. 2:12 KJV, if we suffer with Him, we will reign with Him. However, if we deny Him, He will deny us reigning with Him(Romans 8:17-18 KJV). However, 2 Timothy 2:13 KJV says "if we believe not", and Paul is including himself in this hypothetical situation. Paul is saved, and yet he says "If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful." If Paul, for some/any reason, had stopped believing, , he would still be saved, because of the LORD God's faithfulness(despite our faulty comprehension of this "good news"), and so Paul concludes "he(God) cannot deny himself." Again, once a person is justified, he is placed, identified, "baptized" and sealed by the Holy Spirit into the BOC. Per Ephesians 5:30 KJV:

" For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones."

Thus, Paul can say God "cannot deny himself.The LORD God cannot, and will not, deny the body of Christ, which is a spiritual organism(not organization), comprised of believers in this dispensation of the grace of God. Therefore, once a person makes a decision to believe the gospel of Christ, they are saved, justified, and cannot choose to anytime thereafter to become "unsaved/unjustified." The LORD God will remain faithful to His children, and will not deny Himself-the BOC. The promise to not "deny himself" is a reference to not being able to deny the BOC, his children. And those who do "believe not", including apostates(see Demas, an apostate-2 Tim. 4:10 KJV), may suffer loss of rewards , including reigning with Him, but they are still eternally secure.

Those that pound the table with "Apostasy is a possibility since we are not robots" cliche, perverts the gospel of Christ, focusing on "I", and confusing the doctrines of justification with sanctification. We are not "robots" in our sanctification either-that is irrelevant..

The cross of Christ is "I" crossed out. It is physically impossible to crucify yourself, and "un"crucify" yourself-a learning lesson, per Romans 15:4 KJV.

Apostasy is not only a possibility, it is an inevitability while in these bodies of flesh. Any one here ever doubted there eternal security just once in their life? I have. An honest man/woman would admit he has. But I thank the LORD God, through the Lord Jesus Christ, that my eternal security in Christ is not dependent on my faithfulness, my ability to "keep on believing", my promise to "keep on believing", but on the faithfulness and promise of the LORD God.

"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began" Titus 1:2 KJV

My faith, the Cain's self righteous faith, is nothing and faulters all day long. My faith accepts "...the faith of Jesus Christ..."(Romans 3:22 KJV; Galatians 2:16 KJV, Galatians 2:22 KJV; Philippians 3:9 KJV) and what he did, while "religion"'s faith is a works-based performance system,which you "disguise" as "faith", and is under a curse. Works are making a claim on God(a debt) by basing your acceptance by Holy God of yourself on what you have done or will do, your "faith", your "good works", your "commitment", your "surrender" instead of what was already done for us 2000 years ago. Why is it that humans are happy to receive a gift from a loved one without insulting that loved one by asking "How much do I owe you?", but refuse the same to our Creator, redeemer, and Saviour?

Justification is a legal declaration by God of "not guilty". By definition, it is irrevocable. A criminal was has been pronounced "not guilty" is still "not guilty", whether he/she acknowledges it or not.

Also, the pardon(which is not equivalent to being justified-see my posts-you've read them), you receive by trusting in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ,you cannot become "unpardoned".

The LORD God's gifts, unlike sinful humanity's gifts, are irrevocable: "For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance"(Romans 11:29 KJV). Repentance means "to change your mind". In simple, "5th grade English", the Lord God says it is irrevocable, despite our often faulty opinion"/comprehension.

Before we were saved, we were the keeper of our own souls, and we could not do anything but fail in its keeping. But when we are saved, we have turned over our souls to the protection of another-the LORD God. He is now committed to the keeping of our souls to the end-it is based on His faithfulness, not ours. Depending on our faithfulness is a simple concept-we call it religion.This is the opposite of Christianity. Religion is man substituting himself for God-Christianity is God substituting Himself for man.

"Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor. 1:8 KJV

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6 KJV

My confirmation unto the end is and the performance of the work is in His hands, not mine. Thus, I cannot become lost by failing in my "committment" to Him, my "faith"=service. My salvation is not based on my commitment(religion)-it is based on God's commitment. Thus, the loss of personal commitment, and that includes the lack of good works, which is inevitable for me and all believers, does not affect our eternal destiny. No, the only way to lose my salvation is to somehow get God to fail in His commitment. That won't happen.

I "lose" my "commitment" daily, as every one does, as my "commitment" wavers every day, and is unreliable. Only one person to have ever walk this earth exhibited "total", "100%", unwavering "commitment" to the LORD God=the Lord Jesus Christ. And I thank God the Father, through the Lord Jesus Christ, that my justification is not dependent on my "faithfulness", which "comes short" every day, and is an unreliable, subjective gauge of my justification,but on the faithfulness, the "commitment", of the Lord Jesus Christ.

When the Lord Jesus Christ died at Calvary, I died with Him. When He was buried, I was buried with Him. When He rose from the dead, I rose from the dead. When He ascended, I ascended. I am now a "new creature"(2 Cor. 5:17 KJV, Gal. 6:15 KJV) in Christ, as my sin(singular) was judged at Calvary(Romans 8:3 KJV), and my sins(plural) were forgiven at Calvary(1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV). No charges can be filed against me, as the trial is over, as the Judge and jury met, and all charges were heard, I was judged as guilty, I "shut up" and plead guilty(Romans 3:19 KJV), who I was was "in Adam" was executed, and who I was "in Adam"(1 Cor. 5:22 KJV) is now "dead"(Col.3:3 KJV),justice was served, and am "made alive"(1 Cor. 15:22 KJV) in Christ. Who I, John W was formerly, a "walking dead man"(spiritually), died. A dead man cannot be retried, my circumcision(Col. 2:11 KJV) is irreversible, and the seal of the Holy Spirit(2 Cor. 1:22 KJV, 2 Cor. 5:5 KJV; Eph. 1:13 KJV,Eph. 4:30 KJV, Romans 8:15 KJV) is an unbreakable, guaranteed security, guaranteed ownership, guaranteed finished transaction, with the "warranty" being the Holy Spirit Himself. This seal cannot, nor will it, be broken. I now not only have forgiveness, I have justification, a judicial declaration by the LORD God, and now have the righteousness of God in Christ.

No one on this board can bring charges against me, nor any other new creature in Christ, like the Cains do, day after day with his "conditional security" bad news, regardless of our/my inevitable lack of "commitment"/"faithfulness.". And this is the "good news" of the great God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Again:

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Phil. 1:6 KJV

I am confident of this "guarantee", based on the promise and faithfulness of the LORD God.

Yes, I often am "immature" in my "Christian living"=my walk/service/commitment....., I admit that, but I, unlike the Cains, do not base my righteous standing before a holy LORD God on my subjective, unreliable, wavering, "Christian living"/ walk/service/commitment/"continuing to believe...", as they do, but on the objective work and faithfulness of the Saviour 2000 years ago, and am therefore justified.

I like the contrast.

The Cain's protest??!!!!Translation: I, Cain, am ignorant and clueless as to what happened at Calvary and why, and thus the doctrine of justification I just don't get, even though a 5th grader who reads the Holy Bible and believes it can get it, but I am so buried in my commentaries, articles, and commentaries on commentaries on articles about opinions about opinions of what others think the Holy Bible means, I have isolated myself from The Holy Bible, and must assert that justification is a "debatable Christian issue", as all "religions" do, such as Roman Catholicism, Presys, Church of Christ'ers.....and this is why I reject the righteousness of God, imputed to believers, and this is why I reject the sealing of the Holy Spirit, reject that adoption and circumcision is irreversible, and reject that believers are dead in Christ, and cannot be put on trial again.

Accept the gift of justification,Cains. Quit perverting the gospel of Christ with your "continuing to believe...surrender...commitment......" "difficult believism" re-defining of justification, Cains.

I know, I know....We will pray for you, my dear, misguided John W, as you are not walking in the Spirit......Repent of your sins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What sin/sins?

Take it away, LORD God.....

Are you calling me a Cain?

Let's talk about Cain.

God told Cain that he has to do right---and he will be ACCEPTED.

I love this scripture. This is powerful scripture, as all are, but this one stands out so hard for me, it is really so cool. Cain, not yet a murderer of his brother is being taught by God.

Genesis 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."

Concentrate on the word 'accepted'.

Think too of what God says about doing right.
Those who do right are accepted by God, and it is to them that the message has been sent.

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

God's Truth

Cain thought he was doing something good for God, giving from what he oversaw. Abel gave from what he had, and it was preferred. Cain was jealous, as most would be. All Cain had to do was offer God what he knew God chose. All Cain had to do was humble his heart and give what God preferred.
Instead, Cain got harder instead of humble. Cain lost control; sin took over, and Cain committed murder.
Jesus tells us if we want to be saved, we must humble ourselves.
There are a lot of people here who attack me for saying what Jesus says about humbling ourselves to be saved; but it is a teaching from God from the beginning, and it is the truth that will never ever end.

God's Truth

Now let's talk about what you said about being sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Did you know that is about being in the hands of God?

Did you know you could be sealed for eternal life, or

sealed for destruction?

It could be a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God.

Hebrews 10:31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

God WILL JUDGE His people.

Hebrews 10:30 For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people."

God SHOWS NO FAVORITISM.

Romans 2:11 or God does not show favoritism.

Acts 10:34
Then Peter began to speak: "I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism,

God's Truth

Believers cannot be put on trial again,

No? How about this man...

Matthew 18:32 "Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to.

How about this man...

Matthew 32:12 He asked, 'How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?' The man was speechless.

He got in, but was then thrown out.

What are the wedding clothes?

When we obey, we clothe ourselves with Christ.

Romans 13:14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.

Revelation 16:15 "Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah but,

Few know that the endtimes beast will be the master of intrigue and preach I Cor 15:3 and 4 and deceive many, and he and the RCC will seek to destroy all protestants,
and many of the RCC will change sides.

Until the beast closes the trap on the RCC.

Trumpet 5 then 6.

LA

God's Truth

Be sure to define whether 'cleanse' is meant in the legal/accounting sense or in actuality. The atonement does not stop sin in us in everyday life. The question of debt is a different category.

How do you get there is a difference?

The atonement is about being cleansed of our sins.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There isn't two different kinds of atonement.

I didn't say there was, so why are you making this point? Are you misdirecting on purpose? There is a different timing, as I said, which is what the Bible says.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you calling me a Cain?

Let's talk about Cain.

God told Cain that he has to do right---and he will be ACCEPTED.

I love this scripture. This is powerful scripture, as all are, but this one stands out so hard for me, it is really so cool. Cain, not yet a murderer of his brother is being taught by God.

Genesis 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."

Concentrate on the word 'accepted'.

Think too of what God says about doing right.
Those who do right are accepted by God, and it is to them that the message has been sent.

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.
Just what is it that your filthy flesh thinks it can offer that God the Father will accept having allowed His Son to be made sin for you and dying on a cross for your sins some 2000 years ago?! What?!

Danoh

Be sure to define whether 'cleanse' is meant in the legal/accounting sense or in actuality. The atonement does not stop sin in us in everyday life. The question of debt is a different category.

Good point.

Lol - back in college, I was in a short movie project.

Years later, wondering whatever became of the guy who's film project it had been. I looked him up.

Too late. He'd "found God" within one of those endless, fool "holiness" movements out there, and had destroyed his library of films, antique books, you name - anything that smacked of "this world."

I wanted to ring his neck :chuckle:

Even more so, the neck of religion...

God's Truth

Just what is it that your filthy flesh thinks it can offer that God the Father will accept having allowed His Son to be made sin for you and dying on a cross for your sins some 2000 years ago?! What?!

It is never ever wrong in any way to obey God. God does not tell us our righteous acts are as filthy rags when we do what He says.
God was speaking to the Jews WHO WOULD NOT STOP SINNING. For instance, in the old law, the Jews would sin, then they had to give a sin offering as a righteous act, they had to give sin offerings just to worship God. God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins.

Your false teachers taught you wrong about the filthy rags scripture.

Your righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if you do not OBEY HIM.