ECT Grace is unconditional but not universal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnet

All is in the bible so you need to leave it alone and find a new way to let God simply say all just like he said it. Just say it and don't add anything or you're trolling. Trolling creates ailments and will physically make you sick slowly. Just read the Bible by yourself if you can't control you yourself.

This is trolling.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Since many professing Christians have been taught that a limited atonement is a dangerous error, one must carefully and objectively look at the scriptural evidence for such a doctrine. One must avoid going to Scripture with a set of preconceived notions that are*not*derived from the Bible itself. This brief study will show that the doctrine of limited atonement is expressly taught in Scripture. Furthermore, the doctrine of a limited atonement logically proceeds from the other well-established doctrines, such as God’s absolute sovereignty, total depravity, regeneration, election, etc. After the scriptural evidence is set forth, the Arminian arguments against this doctrine will be examined.

Matthew 1:21. “And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”**** There is a great significance in the angels’ expression “His people.” Did Christ come to save every person? Did He come to save the Jews only? No, He came to save His people. “Jesus is not to save every man, but only his*own people, for whose ransom he made a pact with the Father, in the covenant of redemption, for it is said,*he shall save his own people.”56*Jesus came to save only those (the elect) given to Him by the Father. “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.... This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day” (Jn. 6:37, 39). More at https://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/limitedatonement.html

Cross Reference

Since many professing Christians have been taught that a limited atonement is a dangerous error, one must carefully and objectively look at the scriptural evidence for such a doctrine. One must avoid going to Scripture with a set of preconceived notions that are*not*derived from the Bible itself. This brief study will show that the doctrine of limited atonement is expressly taught in Scripture. Furthermore, the doctrine of a limited atonement logically proceeds from the other well-established doctrines, such as God’s absolute sovereignty, total depravity, regeneration, election, etc. After the scriptural evidence is set forth, the Arminian arguments against this doctrine will be examined.

Matthew 1:21. “And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”**** There is a great significance in the angels’ expression “His people.” Did Christ come to save every person? Did He come to save the Jews only? No, He came to save His people. “Jesus is not to save every man, but only his*own people, for whose ransom he made a pact with the Father, in the covenant of redemption, for it is said,*he shall save his own people.”56*Jesus came to save only those (the elect) given to Him by the Father. “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.... This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day” (Jn. 6:37, 39). More at https://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/limitedatonement.html

Where does the foreknowledge of God come into play that by what you espouse would make it seem as if God chooses arbitrarily/indiscriminately; God really doesn't care who they are?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All empirical and scriptural knowledge, denies any hope of universal forgiveness (atonement). Such is simply wishful thinking, that only perverts the Truth.

18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

All sin is forgiven. Believe the Gospel. Or not.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

For your next project why not cut/paste "War and Peace?"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

All sin is forgiven. Believe the Gospel. Or not.

Amen.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm still counting the days. Early April was the prediction. In fact I get by from hour to hour. Now you see me, now you don't...

By the way, it's hamartia, not harmatia. See? I give you clear and comprehensible answers to your questions. You may not agree with me but you don't have to ask it 10 times before getting an answer or read terrible technical stuff first and try to work it out yourself. This is because PSS is a charlatan, I am not.

Sure. Total Misanthropy. There's no one easier to manipulate and abuse than a person who has a low sense of their own self-worth. They have nothing good to say about man. It's a great way to maintain authority over the flock. Tell them they are useless and can't do anything good on their own. Tell them that they will know they are elect if they persevere to the end. Tell them that by their own thinking they cannot understand God. So they have to come to the church to receive the teaching. So they have to submit to the authority of the leaders, of the tradition, of the creeds, the 39 articles, the confessions of Dort, etc. Good-bye Holy Spirit.

Good post

Sonnet

Since Jesus came to the 'lost sheep of Israel' (primarily), then we may infer that v.21 is in such a context.

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

This affirms limited atonement? Doesn't even mention it. Those given will never be driven away or lost.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
PSS is typical of those who think that by citing a few grammatical technicalities, you will think them educated and authoritative. Unfortunately, language doesn't work like that. PSS prejudged me by saying point blanc that I had no idea what sin was. He has never discoursed with me before at length and had no knowledge of me or my education and yet somehow feels himself qualified to tell me what I don't know. I happen to be an advanced reader of ancient Greek and I also know other languages. He is just a spinner. Steer clear.

Another good post. PPS is a strange one that's for sure. He pushes his "so called" higher education into everybody's face. Just because you sound smart, doesn't mean you ARE smart. Posters can fake it easily. PPS is good at that. I mean, faking it. I say that, lest he thinks I'm complimenting him.? I'm not.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinists claim to see no free-will in the Bible yet, throughout the Old and New Testament we see it as plain as day. Matthew 23:37 shows free-will at its finest: "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"

Status
Not open for further replies.