ECT "This Generation"

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tell us Tet, was it the generation of the young sons living at the time, the generation of the fathers living at the time, or the generation of the old grandfathers living at the time?

The generation of the contemporaries of Jesus.

The Disciple John would be an example of one of Jesus' contemporaries.

(John 21:22-23) Jesus answered, “If I want him (John) to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple (John) would not die. But Jesus did not say that he (John) would not die; he only said, “If I want him (John) to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?

John was the only Disciple still alive in 70AD.

Must be just a really big coincidence huh Tam?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Tell us Tet, was it the generation of the young sons living at the time, the generation of the fathers living at the time, or the generation of the old grandfathers living at the time?

Men 20 years or older

(Numbers 26:4) "Take a census of the men twenty years old or more, as the LORD commanded Moses." These were the Israelites who came out of Egypt:

(Numbers 32:13) The LORD's anger burned against Israel and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until the whole generation of those who had done evil in his sight was gone.

Now, let's jump to the first century:

(Luke 2:1) In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.

(Luke 21:32) “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Jesus said "this generation" in 30AD. The destruction came in 70AD (40 years later)

"forty years, until the whole generation of those who had done evil in his sight was gone"

So, it was the men 20 years or older in 30AD

DAN P

The generation of the contemporaries of Jesus.

The Disciple John would be an example of one of Jesus' contemporaries.

(John 21:22-23) Jesus answered, “If I want him (John) to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple (John) would not die. But Jesus did not say that he (John) would not die; he only said, “If I want him (John) to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?

John was the only Disciple still alive in 70AD.

Must be just a really big coincidence huh Tam?

Hi and I see that you can not explain what generation in Matt 24:34 , you say it means it is Jesus generation , BUT Jesus generation were all killed and those who lived are all DEAD , so where is Jesus generation ??

Are you going to RUN again wjth out and ANSWER ??

tHE future tense OF Matt 24:34 gives the answer and it happens during the Great Tribulation , LOL here I see !!

dan p

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also:

(Acts 5:37) After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

According to all the ECF's, all the Apostles were martyred except John by 70AD

Or another of your absurd made up fantasies.

Please tell us what Jesus meant?

(John 21:22-23) Jesus answered, “If I want him (John) to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” 23 Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple (John) would not die. But Jesus did not say that he (John) would not die; he only said, “If I want him (John) to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?”

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and I see that you can not explain what generation in Matt 24:34 , you say it means it is Jesus generation ,

It was the generation of Jewish contemporaries of Jesus.

BUT Jesus generation were all killed and those who lived are all DEAD , so where is Jesus generation ??

They are all dead. They have been dead a really long time.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How did the men of Nineveh & the Queen of the South rise up WITH this generation to judge them if the judgement was the destruction by the Roman Army in 70AD?

Quick Tet, run and see if you can dig up a symbol on the banners of the Roman Army to represent the men of Nineveh and the Queen of the South so you can absurdly say they were there.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How did the men of Nineveh & the Queen of the South rise up WITH this generation to judge them if the judgement was the destruction by the Roman Army in 70AD?

Read Rev 20. It speaks of two resurrections. The unbelievers (Ninevites and unbelieving Jewish contemporaries of Jesus) did not rise at the first resurrection in 70AD. They will rise for judgment at the second resurrection when the thousand years are over.

(Rev 20:4-5) ...They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection....

john w

Hall of Fame
Hi and I see that you can not explain what generation in Matt 24:34 , you say it means it is Jesus generation , BUT Jesus generation were all killed and those who lived are all DEAD , so where is Jesus generation ??

Are you going to RUN again wjth out and ANSWER ??

tHE future tense OF Matt 24:34 gives the answer and it happens during the Great Tribulation , LOL here I see !!

dan p
And Dan:

Luke 11 KJV
1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.............49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

Were all those standing there, i.e., the "physical" generation guilty of the blood of all the prophets, and were going to be judged by the LORD God for it? Rhetorical q. The apostles, disciples, the believers present in that audience, will not have the blood of the prophets required of them. Survey Deuteronomy 24:16 KJV. Thus, the blood of these prophets will be required of that generation the Lord was referencing with "this generation." How? Because those who murdered the prophets, though they lived hundreds of years before, were part of "this generation."

DAN P

And Dan:

Luke 11 KJV
1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.............49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

Were all those standing there, i.e., the "physical" generation guilty of the blood of all the prophets, and were going to be judged by the LORD God for it? Rhetorical q. The apostles, disciples, the believers present in that audience, will not have the blood of the prophets required of them. Survey Deuteronomy 24:16 KJV. Thus, the blood of these prophets will be required of that generation the Lord was referencing with "this generation." How? Because those who murdered the prophets, though they lived hundreds of years before, were part of "this generation."

Hi John W , and I will say that Telio is PINNED to the wall with no escape and you just nailed his coffin shut and will not explain what GENERATION / GENEA really means , BUT we know he has no answer , so how many right for US , and it seems he is batting " O" !!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read Rev 20. It speaks of two resurrections. The unbelievers (Ninevites and unbelieving Jewish contemporaries of Jesus) did not rise at the first resurrection in 70AD. They will rise for judgment at the second resurrection when the thousand years are over.

(Rev 20:4-5) ...They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection....
So you are now saying that the Roman Army destruction in 70AD was not the prophesied judgement?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So you are now saying that the Roman Army destruction in 70AD was not the prophesied judgement?

There was judgment on the Jews who rejected Christ Jesus. Just like there were many judgments in the OT (i.e. Edom, Assyria, Babylon, Egypt, etc), including the Israelites and Jews from the first temple days.

There is a final judgment for unbelievers of all time.

Danoh

Clete is a Darby follower.

Clete has an agenda, Clete tries to make the Bible fit the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

YOU say that.

And you follow Preterism.

Would that were the actual problem.

As I see it; your subscribing to Preterism is not the problem here, as I have friends who subscribe to Preterism; and other friends who subscribe to one system of interpretation, or another - and we each believe all the others are each off.

So, that's not the problem here as I see it.

Rather, that you are a jerk who just has to bait others with the same old strife enducing tricks in post after post, year after year.

Even as you hurl the accusation at us in an insulting manner that we are Darby followers, and that we have an agenda.

I have Muslim friends and we strongly disagree with one another. Strongly.

We never assert though that the other is simply up to no good; as you always do.

Not only that, but when ever we run together, none of us show up to attempt each time to bait the other, let alone, via questions we have no actual intetest in exploring each our understanding of.

None of us hurl your fool accusations at one another.

The problem here is not our disagreement with Preterism, that is a given, as we differ in our understanding of those things.

I'm fine with I Am A Berean, though I disagree with him. I'm fine with Totten, though she is Post Trib. I'm fine with Mr. Religion, though he is Reformed.

The problem here is that you are a jerk who logs on in search of strife.

In person, you would not pull this nonsense for long.

You...are a joke. Plain and simple.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You...are a joke. Plain and simple.

(Numbers 26:4) "Take a census of the men twenty years old or more, as the LORD commanded Moses." These were the Israelites who came out of Egypt:

(Numbers 32:13) The LORD's anger burned against Israel and he made them wander in the wilderness forty years, until the whole generation of those who had done evil in his sight was gone.

Now, let's jump to the first century:

(Luke 2:1) In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.

(Luke 21:32) “Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Jesus said "this generation" in 30AD. The destruction came in 70AD (40 years later)

"forty years, until the whole generation of those who had done evil in his sight was gone"

So, it was the men 20 years or older in 30AD[