To Alwight/Alan, Best Wishes!!

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Some of us answered your posts in the other thread, Michael.

I'll say again how sorry I am to hear the news and I'm sending much affection to my friend Al.

Dearest annab.

Of course, I understand, hon!! I'm talking about his other friends from the Creation thread.

You're all so wonderful. I'm glad and proud to be a Christian. How would I ever get by in life without that fact?!!

God Bless Your Heart, Anna B.!!

Michael

Arthur Brain

Let's hope so Arthur. Alwight is going to see this thread 2morrow and he can see who is missing and who isn't!!

Michael

Alwight has always been one of the most reasonable and annoyingly laid back posters on this forum. An incredibly frustratingly nice guy who needs to become far more venomous frankly. Al, if you disagree then you show it in your own inimitable way...

Kudos to you Michael for the thread.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Alwight has always been one of the most reasonable and annoyingly laid back posters on this forum. An incredibly frustratingly nice guy who needs to become far more venomous frankly. Al, if you disagree then you show it in your own inimitable way...

Kudos to you Michael for the thread.

Dear Arthur,

Kudos to you for posting again. Yep, it sounds like you knew Alwight pretty well!! He's such a stitch!! But so caring. No like your every run of the mill agnostic. He had presence!! You're always welcome to post to me at the Creation vs. Evolution thread in the Religion section! It is a Thread full of Love most of the time!!

May God Watch Over You For Good Things Indeed, Art!!

Michael

musterion

Luke 23:39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, "Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!"
Luke 23:40 But the other rebuked him, saying, "Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation?
Luke 23:41 And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong."
Luke 23:42 And he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
Luke 23:43 And He said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

Curious why you posted this.

alwight

Dear Alwight/Alan,

You are so special and thoughtful!! I remember that vividly. I thought to myself, "what kind of atheist is this that is so helpful, kind, loving, and cool." It is a somber time and want you to know that you are loved very much!! I hope you receive good news from here on out! May you make peace with everyone and I pray that God will be with you, too!! Here's hoping to see you in Heaven and having tons of fun, and exploring the Universe. God made heaven in one day, but He made the Universe in 7,000 years. That's a lot of days to expand it, don't you think? I'm sorry that the chemo didn't clobber the cancer better. See you in Heaven, Buddy!! If God grants me a wish, I hope that's what He'll give me. He usually answers my prayers.

Warmest Wishes & Cheerio, Matey!!

Michael

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :guitar: :singer: :singer:
Thanks Michael you are a lovely person, if a little bonkers. :)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, outside of a man eating lion who isn't? :think: You have to love the ambiguity.

Good to see you, al. You're in my prayers, as always. :cheers:

Dear Town Heretic,

I guess you don't know. Alwight showed me the ropes on this TOL site when I first came here. All the rough details of how to maneuver and navigate this website and threads. Whenever I had a question, I just asked Alwight, and he would patiently explain it to me. I would never have had a chance otherwise. One of the hardest things I learned from him was how to use quotes in boxes, etc., and how to put a box into a box into a box. It was really hard learning everything because it was all so tricky. And how to change fonts, sizes, colors, etc. I still do not know everything there is to know about TOL, but I'm 1/2 way there. Kudos to Alwight!! God helps me learn from one who doesn't believe in Him?? God is with him on SOME LEVEL!! 6days helped me out too, but God is with him because 6days worships God. Eeset, Lon, and IMJersuha have helped me also. 6days helped me narrow my viewpoint down to whether I chose YEC or OEC. I chose YEC!! God created Heaven in one day, just like it is written. But God expanded Heaven, i.e. the Universe with all of those other 7,000 years of days after that. Do you know what I am saying here?

Praise God And Jesus,

Michael

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Health and Wellness...........

Health and Wellness...........

I've just noticed this thread, please see this post for more details:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...vs-Evolution&p=4710093&viewfull=1#post4710093
Thanks to all but I didn't really want a big deal, I'd prefer to quietly disappear.
:rapture:

Hello alwight :)

I've enjoyed reading your posts and brushing into you here and there on the forum here over the years, being part of the more rational liberal bunch here at TOL ;) (pardon the plug). I wish you all the best health that medical knowledge and Spirit (Source-Energy and Love) can give at this time, and know that sometimes even if doctors give you a time-period of mortality, sometimes things change, as various events or situations in your life could alter outcomes. Be open :)

I had Non-hodgkins Lymphoma, about stage 3 - 4 ish in 2003....mostly in axillary nodes under arms and chest area, some good size tumors, as my immune system was down really low dealing with some viral related issues, and took the chemo route (just IV drip) standardly 6 rounds of CHOP with Rituximab...and noticed that most of the tumors were dissolved by round 4, but my dr. wanted me to go ahead and do the last 2 rounds just to zap everything out! (argh)....of course you know the chemo zaps ur good cells too, since its like bombing a whole meadow just to get a few bunnies. I guess one thing is I looked like a 'conehead' loosing all my hair and eyebrows! lol - now that's weird....not having eyebrows. So, its a trade off of sorts. Anyways,....here I am today healed and doing well for the most part, although still dealing with some immune deficiency issues, but treating those appropriately, and staying open to continued research on health and wellness.

Take Care!

Paul

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I've enjoyed reading your posts and brushing into you here and there on the forum here over the years, being part of the more rational liberal bunch here at TOL ;) (pardon the plug). I wish you all the best health that medical knowledge and Spirit (Source-Energy and Love) can give at this time, and know that sometimes even if doctors give you a time-period of mortality, sometimes things change, as various events or situations in your life could alter outcomes. Be open :)

I had Non-hodgkins Lymphoma, about stage 3 - 4 ish in 2003....mostly in axillary nodes under arms and chest area, some good size tumors, as my immune system was down really low dealing with some viral related issues, and took the chemo route (just IV drip) standardly 6 rounds of CHOP with Rituximab...and noticed that most of the tumors were dissolved by round 4, but my dr. wanted me to go ahead and do the last 2 rounds just to zap everything out! (argh)....of course you know the chemo zaps ur good cells too, since its like bombing a whole meadow just to get a few bunnies. I guess one thing is I looked like a 'conehead' loosing all my hair and eyebrows! lol - now that's weird....not having eyebrows. So, its a trade off of sorts. Anyways,....here I am today healed and doing well for the most part, although still dealing with some immune deficiency issues, but treating those appropriately, and staying open to continued research on health and wellness.

Take Care!

Paul

Dear freelight,

Yes, you are right! Things could go just wonderful for Alwight!! That's what I am hoping for. I just got a bit melodramatic because of the essence of things. Better too much than not enough. I'm glad things are going well for you. Sounds like you went through a lot!! I don't know much about certain types of cancer. I'm learning reluctantly. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel/Jacob Teach You What's Important!!

Michael

alwight

Take Care!

Paul

Thanks Paul,
I did 5 out of 8 rounds of chemo after a bowel tumour was removed. I rather suspect that having an impaired immune system caused by the chemo may not have done my cause any good. I was doing the chemo as standard practice, not expecting a cancer to return while doing the treatment that was supposed to stop it. Taking away the body's own ability to fight disease is a risk, and one it seems I lost.
Alan

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks Paul,
I did 5 out of 8 rounds of chemo after a bowel tumour was removed. I rather suspect that having an impaired immune system caused by the chemo may not have done my cause any good. I was doing the chemo as standard practice, not expecting a cancer to return while doing the treatment that was supposed to stop it. Taking away the body's own ability to fight disease is a risk, and one it seems I lost.
Alan

Dear Alan,

I got my results from the Oncologist/ Cancer Dr. and it looks promising. I was a 0.2 and now I'm a 0.1. So it's going in the right direction. Should be a 0.0. It peaked at 0.8, which is why I started the radiation treatments. Looks like I won't have to do chemo anytime soon. I don't go back to see the Dr. for four months now. See what happens then. I hope that things go as well with you too!! So what are you doing now? Are you taking anything at all for the cancer? I think turmeric/ curcumin is suppose to help. I take it every day. 1,000 mg. in the a.m. and another 1,000 mg. at night. Maybe now that you're off of chemo, your body will get back the impetus it needs to fight the disease. Well, will chat with you soon. Hang in there!!

May God Help You To Be Strong,

Michael