The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Continuing from here from Paper 118 and the problems of the Lucifer Rebellion -

So we see at the heart of all sin and iniquity is some gesture of self-assertion that is divorced from the good and integrity of divine will to which even angels of high rank were subject to become deceived by to their own demise.

Every time I see excerpts from the UB it makes me sick to my stomach

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That is your preconceptional 'reaction' not understanding what its about. One could be equally as disgusted over Yahweh's command to slaughter whole vilages, including women and children here.
That's always your go to, posting scriptures that are harsh or uncomfortable, what does the UB say about the same verses ?

Or does the UB not do the Old testament ?

Lon

That is your preconceptional 'reaction' not understanding what its about. One could be equally as disgusted over Yahweh's command to slaughter whole vilages, including women and children here.
Whatever the reason, you and I weren't there. War ethics are always different and rightly should cause problem. I don't even like talking about war atrocity, but some of it is close to home. You are no friend to a soldier if you label them "[blank]-killers." They hated having to do it. Was the sergeant evil for commanding it?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Could you show what is wrong with the information provided? Can you show what is wrong in theory and principle of the words of Jesus in the UB?

You're stuck in a false duality and exclusiveness of one book over another book, and fail to see or recognize what is being communicated which is most important. Its about the kingdom of heaven and thats realized in the recognition that God is our Father and we are his children. You need a vote to verify this truth?

Seek the truth itself, not mans vote upon it, which is what religious tradition and dogma has handed down to you.
Truth itself based on ub while denying truths from God's word itself?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
That's always your go to, posting scriptures that are harsh or uncomfortable, what does the UB say about the same verses ?

Or does the UB not do the Old testament ?

Lets deal with ethics involved. What does it matter about what book is implicated here except we consider if a 'God' is capable and justifed of commanding his people to committ murder, including women and small children.

Furthermore, you'll have to show what parts of the UB I shared, particularly of Paper 118 makes you sick. Are you able to read and intelligently engage in a discussion on it? See my previous posts. This is important as it includes the concepts of free will, soul destiny and the Lucifer Rebellion.

Lon

Lets deal with ethics involved. What does it matter about what book is implicated here except we consider if a 'God' is capable and justifed of commanding his people to committ murder, including women and small children.
Ah, so you are one of the pacifists and conscientious objectors... :think:

Furthermore, you'll have to show what parts of the UB I shared, particularly of Paper 118 makes you sick. Are you able to read and intelligently engage in a discussion on it? See my previous posts. This is important as it includes the concepts of free will, soul destiny and the Lucifer Rebellion.
All things that are 'wrong' and do violence, do cause such. So, think about that, you may not understand it, but the UB does (or rather seeks) damage to Christianity and many Christians will necessarily see it as evil for doing it, the very thing you are lambasting God for here. Seriously, think hard, you are writing the other side of the objection as you are speaking with Patrick Jane.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

No matter which paper or excerpt I've seen makes me sick and I have to stop reading. It doesn't take but a few lines to see the obvious adultery and perversion of the actual Bible. It's a rip-off and a bad one at that. Then changing names and all the added stuff just sickens me.

The ub undermines God's Word and leads to insanity

journey

Could you show what is wrong with the information provided? Can you show what is wrong in theory and principle of the words of Jesus in the UB?

You're stuck in a false duality and exclusiveness of one book over another book, and fail to see or recognize what is being communicated which is most important. Its about the kingdom of heaven and thats realized in the recognition that God is our Father and we are his children. You need a vote to verify this truth?

Seek the truth itself, not mans vote upon it, which is what religious tradition and dogma has handed down to you.

The Holy Bible is God's Word. The urantia book is UFO cult fiction. That's really all you need to know about the ub. And, forget about any corrections. You can correct your own posts - not mine.

journey

Its surprising you ask about what was clearly shared. Also you've engaged this thread for this long and are still clueless with all the commentary, text and resource links provided? Which goes to show you're not really interested in finding out or else you'd actually invest the time to discover things for yourself instead of toying with the dialogue.

See: Gospel: The Good News

The gospel of the kingdom is centered in the revelation and recognition that we are sons and daughters of God, and based on the fundamental truth of 'The Fahtherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man'. By spiritual rebirth and illumination we see and enter into the kingdom of heaven, and live by its laws and principles...the supreme law being love. Again,...these are the basics of true religion....keeping oneself pure and serving those in need. Its really not that complicated.

You can read the UB for yourself. Whoa! What a novel idea :doh:

But we don't want to read the ub. It's UFO cult garbage - not Scripture - and certainly not from God. The ub denies the Gospel of the Grace of God, so it is worse than worthless. Why would anyone waste their time by reading the ub. I'll go to a UFO forum if I want to read about UFOs and aliens. The urantia UFO cult garbage is an enemy of Jesus Christ and the Cross.

journey

Show us where what I shared on the kingdom of God and about God being our Father is not a concept found in the Bible. We'll be waiting.

You are under the delusion that the Bible has to be mentioned for something to be true which is absurd. You worship that book as if it were God which is idolatry.

Read the link provided to educate yourself about what the UB teaches or leave the thread since your wasting everyones time. But hey, while your being a 'sock puppet' and being willfully ignorant, you're keeping the thread active to help expand one's horizons...so pat yourself on the back. :rolleyes:

Please answer the question above or be ignored since space and time are valuable.

But we don't want to be educated on what the ub teaches, and we're not leaving the thread. I'll ask Elmer Fudd if I want to know about the ub. Regardless, the ub is senseless fiction that Elmer Fudd dislikes.

journey

Who? Who is interested. This is a "Christian" website. Why do it here? What is the 'purpose' of doing it here?

Good point - nobody is interested. I think that they post this urantia UFO cult garbage here to mock God and Christians. They're making fun of Christians and what we believe, so they come to a Christian forum to ridicule us and have their fun.

journey

I'm not complaining about the grief you and the trolls give us, I was talking about how Christianity has bullied you into closed minded intolerance. Your conceited condescension only masks the fact that we speak truths that trouble you, else you wouldn't care that we are (2) people with this one thread.

You're on a Christian forum posting urantia UFO cult garbage, so you are the trolls. You speak garbage that bothers us. What you're doing is like littering - nobody wants it because it's ugly.

journey

Because this is a thread about the UB and its important insights and contributions on religious principles, concepts and ethics. If you're not interested in discussing, then leave the thread instead of trolling it.

You dont own or have a right to 'police' the forum, exclude other religious viewpoints or censore other subscribed members. If you persist in such you will be delegated to my ignore list.

Your elitist attitude is unnecessary.

There are no important insights and contributions from the ub unless there's a Marvin the Martian award. Put us all on your ignore list - we don't care. We are discussing - how silly the urantia UFO cult is. Reminder: you're on a Christian forum, so you're the trolls.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Being right DOES look like conceit (and sometimes is and surely on TOL). Those who are right, however, will always appear conceited to those who are defiant, but aren't right.

As I've repeatedly told you, I come and go. My purpose? To share with you, when I can, the difference between Christianity and its central message and contrast it with what is wrong with the UB. Genuine concern? Yes.
1) This is a debate website. It invites debate from a uniquely Christian perspective.
2) Should we have a BoM or a Ba'Hai discussion thread? Would you expect me to 'think' it correct if I posted against them there? Would it be 'fear' they are 'right?' Being that it is a "Christian" website, wouldn't you expect a Christian to weigh in? Do you understand why a Christian would weigh in here?
3) I care that you are both wrong. It matters to me if you are corrected or correctable.

4) "If" I started a Christian thread on a Buddhist website, I'd think it'd be attended with a reasonable amount of Buddhist sentiment against it. Surely I'd be the usurper and every bit of the purposeful usurping would indeed disrupt. I'm not sure why you really don't grasp any of this. Likely, you think there is some Christian sentiment you like about hanging around us or there would be no need to bother. You, in fact, choose this interaction by choice and preference else you'd have a UB website. I've seen them. Boring? :think:

I get your point, I told you once before, when I chose Theology Online I didn't realize it was so right wing hateful. And I have followed the reasonable request from Knight and and the mod who asked me NOT to post in the Christian areas, to keep our discussion on one thread. Then we discovered how the rules don't apply to some members. I'm on other Christian forums with mature people and honest administration.

Jesus went right into the heart of evolved Judaism to proclaim his original gospel about making the whole souled commitment to doing Gods will, aknowleging sins, changing hearts and a commitment to "go and sin no more." While the world did fall through 2 defaults of our leaders, sin is personal to each individual. Even though we are born into or inherit a fallen environment, sin is deliberate disloyalty to deity. So many old erroneous ideas contaminate actuality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.