ECT THE PRACTICAL NECESSITY OF AN INFALLIBLE & AUTHORITATIVE INTERPRETER

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I am informed that you do not believe that Christians need the Roman Church to interpret the scriptures for them.
That is correct. I never said that. What I did say, was along the lines of, that no matter what you or I or Chrysostom or Cruciform believe or teach, there is assuredly a very, perfectly (Mt16:18) protected record of what actually happened and what the Scripture actually means. It's not that we need it, we don't. All we need is the Lord, obviously, and we can find Him in Scripture, of course.

It's that, He also built a Church, and He built it on Peter (Mt16:18), and this Church has existed since it was inaugurated on Pentecost in Jerusalem (not Rome) in AD 33, ten days after the newly embodied ("with a new body," is what I'm trying to communicate ;)) Resurrected Lord Jesus Christ Himself Ascended to sit at the right hand of Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be His name.
IF this is the case, then you and I agree because we have no need of the Roman Church to interpret the scriptures for us.
The reason I believe this is because the magisterium of the Holy Catholic Church teaches that being baptized (even by a pagan or atheist!) in the name of the Maker (e.g., the Trinity, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit) truly initiates a person into the Catholic Church, though quote-unquote imperfectly. Perfect unity is reserved for confirmed Catholics not in a state of mortal sin, defined as having committed a grave trespass or grave moral offense or grave moral error, or grave matter.

Perfect contrition is achieved through honest sorrow for the trespass, and the deliberate determination to confess to a Catholic priest as soon as possible.
Thank you very much.
:e4e:

Timotheos

Don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

So what do you believe? I can't tell from what you write, it is very confusing. What you say is not infallible at all, it is not even decipherable. When I agree that you believe that Roman Catholicism is infallible (despite the Spanish Inquisition) you and others say that you don't believe that. When I agree that you don't believe in the infallibility of Roman Catholicism, you say that I am putting words in your mouth.

I think it is useless to even talk to you. I don't need you to interpret scripture for me. You can't even say what it is that you believe, for fear that someone might know what it is that you believe.

Timotheos

since you know better than us
-what we are really saying
-you can have the dialogue without us

I'm not saying I know better than you.

Here is what I AM saying,
Today is Pentecost Sunday. Today we commemorate the day that God started the Church...In Jerusalem. If the believers in Rome want to join in with what God is doing, that's great. I'm all for that. BUT if the Roman Church wants to push itself ahead of the Church of God, then I don't want any part of the Roman Church, and I don't need those boasters to interpret God's Word to me - Instead of God Himself.

Enough said.

Timotheos

how will you know when they join in with what God is doing?

Explain to me where I said that I will know when someone else joins in with what God is doing.
What I said was "IF the believers in Rome want to join in with what God is doing, that's great. I'm all for that." I NEVER said that they need to check in with me. It isn't me who thinks you need an infallible human overseer.

You seem to want to twist everything I say. Why is that?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Explain to me where I said that I will know when someone else joins in with what God is doing.
What I said was "IF the believers in Rome want to join in with what God is doing, that's great. I'm all for that." I NEVER said that they need to check in with me. It isn't me who thinks you need an infallible human overseer.

You seem to want to twist everything I say. Why is that?

Chrys isn't used to playing well with others

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
So what do you believe? I can't tell from what you write, it is very confusing.
I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, I believe in the Trinity, and I believe in the magisterium's teachings in matters of faith, doctrine and morals. The magisterium of course teaches the truth of the Lord and of the Trinity, so I can sum it up as, I believe in the magisterium's teachings in matters of faith, doctrine and morals. I believe that these teachings are what the Maker wants us to know and to believe.
What you say is not infallible at all
Anything I say that is not what the magisterium also says is not infallible, nor do I claim such; and in fact I claim the opposite; when it is my opinion, I indicate that.
, it is not even decipherable. When I agree that you believe that Roman Catholicism is infallible (despite the Spanish Inquisition) you and others say that you don't believe that. When I agree that you don't believe in the infallibility of Roman Catholicism, you say that I am putting words in your mouth.
That's because you are equivocating and confusing clerical impeccability (which is not a thing, and nobody has claimed it), with infallibility when teaching on matters of faith, doctrine and morals.
I think it is useless to even talk to you.
That's unfortunate. I didn't realize I was being so obtuse.
I don't need you to interpret scripture for me.
Of course you don't, because obviously you've yourself understood enough to know that John 3:16 sums up rather nicely the entirety of the necessary kernel of truth that indwells the whole Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
You can't even say what it is that you believe
"Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." I believe that this petition is the Christian faith in a nutshell.
, for fear that someone might know what it is that you believe.
Hopefully I've been more clear?

God's Truth

God’s word is understandable even to a young child. How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15. We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105. For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.