Arminians' Dilemma

Jamie Gigliotti

AFTER 20 pages, the Arminians' Dilemma remains unresolved.

What caused the dilemma?

It's the centuries-old lie that people are born spiritually dead in sin. And Arminians teach that to be spiritually alive, the spiritually dead MUST first do SOMETHING - believe. And that despite Christ's own words that apart from Him, man can do NOTHING. For the Arminians, they tell people who they consider spiritually dead being NOT in Christ yet, to do SOMETHING: Believe. Not very much unlike telling the unconscious to rise up and go to the doctor so he can be revived.

But Arminians, like ostriches burying their heads in the sand so as not to see the coming danger, simply pretend there is no dilemma.

Admitting to ourselves and Christ that we can do nothing apart from Him is the point. The point of shattering our pride and getting to a point of humilty where we say yes Lord, "I need you".

Samie

That people are born spiritually dead in sin has led to similarly erroneous teachings. For the Arminians, it led them to ask the dead to believe. For the Calvinists, it led them to do away with free will. For some others, it led them to consider only Christians can make it to heaven. And what more, God is portrayed as a Father who just folded His hands and did nothing but simply watched His children drown, why? Because He did nothing to forestall the change of Adam's nature but instead simply watched as it morphed from good to bad causing all his descendants to be born spiritually dead in sin. That unless people first believe they cannot be In Christ, presents salvation as one of works.

That people are born In Christ and therefore spiritually alive is beyond question. Other than biblically founded, it portrays God in a better light in that He did His best to forestall the change of Adam's nature from good to bad even if would cost Him His only begotten Son. All people, born before or after the cross, are placed in equal footing before God in that all were empowered and hence all are accountable. That it was God Who caused people to be born In Christ presents salvation as all by grace. Yet man's free will is not compromised, because overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
That people are born spiritually dead in sin has led to similarly erroneous teachings. For the Arminians, it led them to ask the dead to believe. For the Calvinists, it led them to do away with free will. For some others, it led them to consider only Christians can make it to heaven. And what more, God is portrayed as a Father who just folded His hands and did nothing but simply watched His children drown, why? Because He did nothing to forestall the change of Adam's nature but instead simply watched as it morphed from good to bad causing all his descendants to be born spiritually dead in sin. That unless people first believe they cannot be In Christ, presents salvation as one of works.

That people are born In Christ and therefore spiritually alive is beyond question. Other than biblically founded, it portrays God in a better light in that He did His best to forestall the change of Adam's nature from good to bad even if would cost Him His only begotten Son. All people, born before or after the cross, are placed in equal footing before God in that all were empowered and hence all are accountable. That it was God Who caused people to be born In Christ presents salvation as all by grace. Yet man's free will is not compromised, because overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life.

Define sin (hamartia).

And after you clearly and explicitly do so, then outline the distinctions between hamartia/i singular/plural articular/anarthrous; AND the distinctions between those and hamartema/ta in all the same noun forms; AND the distinctions between all of those and hamartano, the verb, in all of its tenses, voice, and moods.

Since you have no idea what sin is AND isn't in any and all of its forms, you have fallen into deep and egregious heretical error.

But you don't care because you think you know the truth from English glosses that contradict the actual simple grammar of the Greek language in translation.

You are a Universalist; for there is no real difference between your fallacious Barthian Universal Atonement and Universal Reconciliation.

Samie

Hi Pneuma;

Address what I have posted, not what I did not post. As to definition of sin, I simply stick to the 4 different ways it is defined in Scriptures. As to its tenses, moods, forms, etc., I leave them up to you.

And based on your unique knowledge of the Greek language, show the error(s) of my position. BUT can you? I'll wait. Or you may come up with excuses and run away. Your choice...

Epoisses

Define sin (hamartia).

And after you clearly and explicitly do so, then outline the distinctions between hamartia/i singular/plural articular/anarthrous; AND the distinctions between those and hamartema/ta in all the same noun forms; AND the distinctions between all of those and hamartano, the verb, in all of its tenses, voice, and moods.

Since you have no idea what sin is AND isn't in any and all of its forms, you have fallen into deep and egregious heretical error.

But you don't care because you think you know the truth from English glosses that contradict the actual simple grammar of the Greek language in translation.

You are a Universalist; for there is no real difference between your fallacious Barthian Universal Atonement and Universal Reconciliation.

Go back to Mar's hill Greek philosopher. You don't edify just obfuscate.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Go back to Mar's hill Greek philosopher. You don't edify just obfuscate.

I edify Believers, and I'm not a Philsopher. If you knew anything about linguistics by the Spirit of the living God, you'd know the difference between theology with proper exegesis from human pursuits of their own.

But you can't, Universalist heretical schismatic.

Go back to hades, Modernist philosopher.

Epoisses

I edify Believers, and I'm not a Philsopher. If you knew anything about linguistics by the Spirit of the living God, you'd know the difference between theology with proper exegesis from human pursuits of their own.

But you can't, Universalist heretical schismatic.

Go back to hades, Modernist philosopher.

You don't edify from your imaginary ethereal plane.

Epoisses

Hammy is a dead duck. He banned me over and over. CF mods eventually banned him for his 'campaign'. Get real, get stuck in - for Jesus Christ.

I despise that forum. They have so many ads on it now you can't even navigate without some pop-up in your face.

Epoisses

Right. I edify from being hypostatically translated into Christ; seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

Your false hypostasis is duly noted, hyper-troll.

I have Jesus on speed dial. He sent me a text the other day asking about my day. How many texts have you gotten from Christ?

Epoisses

A close friend of mine posted on CF and took 'hammy bull sheet' on. Eventually he gave up, disillusioned. Beat up by Calvinism. He gave up his Christianity. Denounced it. Thought he was not saved but a reprobate, as outlined by hamsmter ( Chris Hamm) and his mates ( Jim Scwann - noddyfool who runs a ponsi tax fraud scheme).

When questioned, Hammy said QUOTE " Just as well, he may as well go and enjoy himself in life, that is all he has got" UNQUOTE.

Is that Christ like ? Hell no. Please may I implore you to get back on CF and stand up for God'd true word.

When I was on there a few years back he thought I was some guy named 'pink man' and I kept telling him I wasn't and he never believed me. When I got banned he was like 'pink man' is outta here. I never did figure out who pink man is?!?

zzub

BANNED
Banned
When I was on there a few years back he thought I was some guy named 'pink man' and I kept telling him I wasn't and he never believed me. When I got banned he was like 'pink man' is outta here. I never did figure out who pink man is?!?

'fool is doing the same with Emsw. A true Christian. Please support him.

'fool uses any devious practise going - his tricks are outstanding, but not Christian. Which is the ONLY reason I am here pestering you. Please stand for Christ.