I was a transgender woman--one man's story

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Walt Heyer speaks from his own personal life as a transgender. It is a there and back again story. It is not something the liberal media likes the talk about. They don't like to talk about the health and emotional consequences that such surgery brings about.

It was a pivotal scene. A mom was brushing a boy’s long hair, the boy slowly turned his head to look at her. In a tentative voice, he asked, “Would you love me if I were a boy?” The mom was raising her boy to become a trans-girl.

In that split second, I was transported back to my childhood. I remembered my grandmother standing over me, guiding me, dressing me in a purple chiffon dress. The boy in that glowing documentary about parents raising transgender kids dared to voice a question I always wanted to ask. Why didn’t she love me the way I was?

The entire article is at the link below.

I was a transgender woman

Tinark

Walt Heyer speaks from his own personal life as a transgender. It is a there and back again story. It is not something the liberal media likes the talk about. They don't like to talk about the health and emotional consequences that such surgery brings about.

It was a pivotal scene. A mom was brushing a boy’s long hair, the boy slowly turned his head to look at her. In a tentative voice, he asked, “Would you love me if I were a boy?” The mom was raising her boy to become a trans-girl.

In that split second, I was transported back to my childhood. I remembered my grandmother standing over me, guiding me, dressing me in a purple chiffon dress. The boy in that glowing documentary about parents raising transgender kids dared to voice a question I always wanted to ask. Why didn’t she love me the way I was?

The whole premise of the article is based on pseudoscience, that some actions someone else takes (dressing a boy in a dress) can induce gender dysphoria. People with the condition are not "confused" but identify _strongly_ with the opposite gender of their biological sex (unlike the individual in the story). It is this overpowering mismatch between the two that causes extreme stress, depression and dissatisfaction.

Furthermore, he suffered all sorts of abuse as a kid from parents, his uncle, and his grandma. No wonder he had all sorts of problems as an adult. No one in their right mind claims that abuse doesn't harm children.

Finally, no one in their right mind claims that a gender reassignment surgery and or gender transition is a 100% cure for those who do legitimately have gender dysphoria, nor is it 100% guaranteed to be beneficial. Any medical professional who claims otherwise in consulting with their patient about treatment options for gender dysphoria should be barred from practice.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The whole premise of the article is based on pseudoscience, that some actions someone else takes (dressing a boy in a dress) can induce gender dysphoria. People with the condition are not "confused" but identify _strongly_ with the opposite gender of their biological sex (unlike the individual in the story). It is this overpowering mismatch between the two that causes extreme stress, depression and dissatisfaction.

Furthermore, he suffered all sorts of abuse as a kid from parents, his uncle, and his grandma. No wonder he had all sorts of problems as an adult. No one in their right mind claims that abuse doesn't harm children.

Finally, no one in their right mind claims that a gender reassignment surgery and or gender transition is a 100% cure for those who do legitimately have gender dysphoria, nor is it 100% guaranteed to be beneficial. Any medical professional who claims otherwise in consulting with their patient about treatment options for gender dysphoria should be barred from practice.
You are so ignorant.

Tinark

You are so ignorant.

I've found most of the right wingers are dumb and ignorant on this subject, knowing nothing from the medical literature on the subject and almost never having a friend or family member who is transgender.

They are so dumb and ignorant on top of being arrogant they make statements like yours above, proud of their ignorance and their refusal to learn about the subject, content they have all the answers.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, facts are evil. That sums up the anti-intellectualism of your lot pretty well.

Let's deal with some facts:

Earlier you wrote:

Show me one case where a LGBTQueer activist (that includes quacks that call themselves doctors) have attempted to talk a gender confused man, woman or child out of transitioning into the opposite sex, or encouraged a man, woman or child who was unhappy with their transition into returning to the gender that they were born with.

Tinark

Let's deal with some facts:

Earlier you wrote:

Show me one case where a LGBTQueer activist (that includes quacks that call themselves doctors) have attempted to talk a gender confused man, woman or child out of transitioning into the opposite sex, or encouraged a man, woman or child who was unhappy with their transition into returning to the gender that they were born with.

Are the International Standards of Care for Gender Identity Disorders good enough for you, you mental midget?

Eligibility and Readiness Criteria for Hormone Therapy for Adults

2. demonstrable knowledge of what hormones medically can and cannot do and their social benefits and risks

Requirements for Genital Reconstructive and Breast Surgery

2. 12 months of successful continuous full time real-life experience. Periods of returning to the original gender may indicate ambivalence about proceeding and should not be used to fulfill this criterion

5. knowledge of the cost, required lengths of hospitalizations, likely complications, and post surgical rehabilitation requirements of various surgical approaches.

Without first meeting eligibility requirements, the patient and the therapist should not request hormones or surgery. An example of an eligibility requirement is: a person must live full time in the preferred gender for twelve months prior to genital reconstructive surgery. To meet this criterion, the professional needs to document that the real life experience has occurred for this duration. Meeting readiness criteria--further consolidation of the evolving gender identity or improving mental health in the new or confirmed gender role--is more complicated because it rests upon the clinician's judgment. The clinician might think that the person is not yet ready because his behavior frequently contradicts his stated needs and goals.

IX. HORMONE THERAPY FOR ADULTS

Medical Side Effects. Side effects in biologic males treated with estrogens may include increased propensity to blood clotting (venous thrombosis with a risk of fatal pulmonary embolism), development of benign pituitary prolactinomas, infertility, weight gain, emotional lability and liver disease. Side effects in biologic females treated with testosterone may include infertility, acne, emotional lability (including the potential for major depression), increases in sexual desire, shift of lipid profiles to male patterns which increase the risk of cardiovascular disease, and the potential to develop benign and malignant liver tumors and hepatic dysfunction. Patients with medical problems or otherwise at risk for cardiovascular disease may be more likely to experience serious or fatal consequences of cross-sex hormonal treatments. For example, cigarette smoking, obesity, advanced age, heart disease, hypertension, clotting abnormalities, malignancy, and some endocrine abnormalities are relative contraindications for the use of hormonal treatment. Therefore, some patients may not be able to tolerate cross-sex hormones. However, risk-benefit ratios should be considered collaboratively between the patient and prescribing physician.

Social Side Effects. There are often important social effects from taking hormones which the patient must consider. These include relationship changes with family members, friends, and employers. Hormone use may be an important factor in job discrimination, loss of employment, divorce and marriage decisions, and the restriction or loss of visitation rights for children. The social effects of hormones, however, can be positive as well.

The Prescribing Physician's Responsibilities. Hormones are to be prescribed by a physician. Hormones are not to be administered simply because patients demand them. Adequate psychological and medical assessment are required before and during treatment. Patients who do not understand the eligibility and readiness requirements and who are unaware of the SOC should be informed of them. This may be a good indication for a referral to a mental health professional experienced with gender identity disorders.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~colem001/hbigda/hstndrd.htm

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Are the International Standards of Care for Gender Identity Disorders good enough for you, you mental midget?

Per your article:

"The clinician might think that the person is not yet ready because his behavior frequently contradicts his stated needs and goals."

"Not yet ready" is a far stretch from talking someone out of gender mutilation surgery.

Now let's deal with some more facts about the child molesting LGBTQueer movement:

Obama backs ban on 'conversion' therapy for gay, transgender youth

April 9, 2015

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama is calling for an end to psychiatric therapy treatments aimed at changing the sexual orientation or gender identity of gay, lesbian and transgender youth.

The move comes in response to an online petition posted on the White House website following the death of 17-year-old Leelah Alcorn. The transgender teen committed suicide in December and left behind writings mentioning religious therapy.

In a statement late Wednesday, White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett said the administration supports banning so-called conversion therapy treatments for minors.

"We share your concern about its potentially devastating effects on the lives of transgender as well as gay, lesbian, bisexual and queer youth," Jarrett said. "The overwhelming scientific evidence demonstrates that conversion therapy, especially when it is practiced on young people, is neither medically nor ethically appropriate and can cause substantial harm."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...conversion-therapy-for-gay-transgender-youth/

The mental midget asks the moral giant:

"Thoughts on that?"

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The man in the story was not a transgender. Forced feminization is not the same thing. The man was simply sexually abused, which had long lasting and disastrous results.

Gender comes from the inside of a person, not from grandma or anyone else. And the surgeon has the final say on surgery. Surgeons do not want to compromise their reputation and source of income.

This man spent thousands of dollars on an experiment that didn't work for him. The man was not transgender, he was simply sexually abused as a child and didn't receive efficacious help.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The man in the story was not a transgender. Forced feminization is not the same thing. The man was simply sexually abused, which had long lasting and disastrous results.

Gender comes from the inside of a person, not from grandma or anyone else. And the surgeon has the final say on surgery. Surgeons do not want to compromise their reputation and source of income.

This man spent thousands of dollars on an experiment that didn't work for him. The man was not transgender, he was simply sexually abused as a child and didn't receive efficacious help.

So what you're saying is that there is some "transgender gene" that Walt Heyer wasn't born with?

And how about the drag queens that just like to cross dress but don't want to go through with messy genital mutilation surgery, were they born with the

"cross dressing gene"?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Excellent article, ive ready about many transgenders who later regretted their surgical choices and of many who committed suicide afterward - since that doesn't fix the real issues.

shagster01

:thumb:

shagster01

And how about the drag queens that just like to cross dress but don't want to go through with messy genital mutilation sugery...

You mean like girls wearing football jerseys and jeans? Their boyfriend's letter jacket?

A lot of women sleep in men's boxer shorts and tees. My wife stole one of my flannel shirts for yard work. Should I be worried?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
And how about the drag queens that just like to cross dress but don't want to go through with messy genital mutilation sugery...

You mean like girls wearing football jerseys and jeans? Their boyfriend's letter jacket?

As mentioned in another thread: If they people wear clothing of the opposite sex for the purpose of coming across/identifying with that sex, then they are gendered confused.

A lot of women sleep in men's boxer shorts and tees. My wife stole one of my flannel shirts for yard work. Should I be worried?

With your adamant defense of cross dressers, I'm concerned that you might be visiting your wife's closet shag.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So what you're saying is that there is some "transgender gene" that Walt Heyer wasn't born with?

And how about the drag queens that just like to cross dress but don't want to go through with messy genital mutilation surgery, were they born with the

"cross dressing gene"?

"transgender gene"? "cross dressing gene"?

Why do assume it is related to DNA?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I've found most of the right wingers are dumb and ignorant on this subject, knowing nothing from the medical literature on the subject and almost never having a friend or family member who is transgender.

They are so dumb and ignorant on top of being arrogant they make statements like yours above, proud of their ignorance and their refusal to learn about the subject, content they have all the answers.
What a joke.

Aimiel

Our media glorifies destruction. They are on-scene even before a hurricane hits. They show us the devastation of tornadoes, car accidents, earthquakes and report anything out-of-ordinary as if we need to know or our life won't be complete. Now they give an award to someone who's so screwed up by our sex-crazed society that he thinks he needs to have his sex changed to be complete. Making someone who's mentally ill and hungry for headlines into a hero is sheer folly. We have heroes buried in Arlington and other cemeteries all over this world. We don't need to make deviants and perverts out to be something great. Shame on us for not warning them of how un-holy such things actually are. Shame on them for doing wrong and calling it, "Right." No one should have a 'right' to take a life and call it, "Convenience." It's murder to commit abortion. It's wrong to lay with the same sex. It's wrong to wear clothing that reveals one's nakedness and call it, "Sexy." Sex isn't our God. Money isn't, either. God help us. Our nation seems to have gone insane for every false god and forgotten Who actually IS God. Pray for our nation. Pray that God will bring us back to Him on our knees.