Schools to teach 'Gender Fluidity'

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A peculiar madness has overtaken our culture.

One of the nation’s largest public school systems is preparing to include gender identity to its classroom curriculum, including lessons on sexual fluidity and spectrum – the idea that there’s no such thing as 100 percent boys or 100 percent girls.

Fairfax County Public Schools released a report recommending changes to their family life curriculum for grades 7 through 12. The changes, which critics call radical gender ideology, will be formally introduced next week.

Call me old fashioned, but didn't God create them Male and Female? He didn't make a whole bunch of different options in between. The rest of the article can be found in the link.

Schools to teach kids there's no such thing as boys or girls

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This kind of hysterical accusation is troubling, particularly when even the article you cited shows that what the accusers are saying is not the same thing as the school board is proposing.

That's a huge hint. Maybe we should check and see what it actually says.

Oh, that's right, it's not written yet. So all that stuff is just (so far) imagined.

GFR7

One of the nation’s largest public school systems is preparing to include gender identity to its classroom curriculum, including lessons on sexual fluidity and spectrum – the idea that there’s no such thing as 100 percent boys or 100 percent girls.

Fairfax County Public Schools released a report recommending changes to their family life curriculum for grades 7 through 12. The changes, which critics call radical gender ideology, will be formally introduced next week.

Call me old fashioned, but didn't God create them Male and Female? He didn't make a whole bunch of different options in between. The rest of the article can be found in the link.

When you look back, this all began with the feminist agenda. The gay rights agenda was tacked onto that, and this is the end synthesis. It was predictable and unavoidable, given the beginning.

Buzzword

This kind of hysterical accusation is troubling, particularly when even the article you cited shows that what the accusers are saying is not the same thing as the school board is proposing.

That's a huge hint. Maybe we should check and see what it actually says.

Oh, that's right, it's not written yet. So all that stuff is just (so far) imagined.

Beat me to it.

On an unrelated note, "gender" has always been fluid, since it is a social construct (the expectations associated with biological sex), and obviously differs across cultures and societies.

"Male" and "Female" are scientific terms which are concrete...unless you're born with both sets of genitals, which has been documented.

"Man," "woman," "girl," and "boy" are social terms, and their definitions vary widely across cultures and societies, with many a No True Scotsman thrown about when a male child demonstrates his society's defined "girl" behaviors or interests, or vice versa.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

We should be thankful for it. What would we learn in a perfect world?

Yes, God could have created humans to be perfect and never make mistakes or wrong choices but he didn't. That was for our benefit, life is a learning opportunity and in due time we will pass on to others what we have learned in this age.

Character cannot be built in a vacuum, we need opportunities to learn from our mistakes and the mistakes of others. And some day we will say, "This is the way, walk in it."

This is not that day.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not OK to be gay (or send your kids to school).

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Like it's not O.K. to have a bad temper.

Nope. Nothing like that at all. God prescribed the death penalty for one, but not the other.

Nope. The sin is in acting on them. Not for merely having the inclination.

Because you're not happy with God's word, you invent new things and pretend that God said them. Why do you hate scripture so much?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Madness is exactly the right word to describe it.

Tinark

And you didn't once think to ask yourself "what are the scientific facts on the matter, and are the facts being taught"? Shows that you already have your mind closed and made up on the matter, regardless of the strength of the science.

And you wonder why people like you get accused of being anti-science and a threat to education.

Tinark

It's not OK to be gay (or send your kids to school).

The biggest threat to your religion is an educated population. It's no wonder you prefer children to remain ignorant - their mind is far more vulnerable to superstition under that condition.

Nazaroo

Time for a little bullet trajectory fluidity.

MV5BMjEwMDA1MDUwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQzMzM1MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Quetzal

The biggest threat to your religion is an educated population. It's no wonder you prefer children to remain ignorant - their mind is far more vulnerable to superstition under that condition.
I believe this is attributing to falling church attendances. Formal education is coming more common.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Evolutionists love the argument from popularity. They can't help themselves.

Nazaroo

I believe this is attributing to falling church attendances.

Do you perhaps mean "contributing" ?!?

Amazing what a 'formal education' does.

1412446728541_wps_2_March_1995_Albany_New_Yor.jpg

Formal education is coming more common.
Except that the OPPOSITE is the case.

The Educational system is falling apart,
and 'education' has been dumbed down to the point where
rich kids buy diplomas, and universities are 'diploma-mills'
for foreigners, selling out to the lucrative dollar.

Diplomas aren't worth toilet-paper anymore.

Degrees acquired prior to 1970 might mean something,
if not for the fact that those who hold them are dropping like flies
and/or going senile.

Quetzal

Do you perhaps mean "contributing" ?!?
Yep, thank you.

Except that the OPPOSITE is the case.

The Educational system is falling apart,
and 'education' has been dumbed down to the point where
rich kids buy diplomas, and universities are 'diploma-mills'
for foreigners, selling out to the lucrative dollar.

Diplomas aren't worth toilet-paper anymore.

Degrees acquired prior to 1970 might mean something,
if not for the fact that those who hold them are dropping like flies
and/or going senile.
Really? Do you have a degree? What is/was the focus? When did you graduate? I found my program challenging on many levels. It was a full time job to maintain my grades and finish on time. I am not a rich kid and not all universities are diploma mills. There are many more jobs requiring degrees making them more valuable, in greater demand; not less.