How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, All Religions

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Don't troll

My Phd started researching Calvinist with convictions, criminal conviction that is. This led to the thorny subject of Calvinist who are also homosexual, which led via SBC and PCA to you. Is this why you troll so many forums ?

I guess you will say God predestined you that way. Right ?

Sonnet

That's a false gospel of works, an abomination to the Lord Is. 64:6; Eph. 2:8-9; Titus 3:5!

Please show, with reference to Romans 4:1-5 that faith is a work. Paul says it isn't.

Rom. 9:22-23
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

~~~~~

The context of Romans 9 is righteousness through faith rather than righteousness through works. And God chose to do it this way. His mercy was through such provision rather than, as the the Israelites thought, through works.

No one is predetermined to have no option but only to end up in hell. The canons of Dort recognises human responsibility, Why don't you?

Sonnet

God is not absolutely sovereign. If he was we would all be living in a perfect world right now with no sin, suffering or death.

God is sovereign. How can you deny it? The existence of this imperfect world does not prove otherwise, just that God permitted it.

Sonnet

Jesus has saved all people from all time and forgiven them of all their sins. All mankind stands perfect and complete 'in Christ'. The free gift of Salvation has been given to all people from all time aka the whole world. Do you believe how good the good news really is?

The gift has to be received.

John 8:23-24
But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

Sonnet

Faith and Repentance are not a work of the flesh a carnal person does to get himself saved, that's not even possible:

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Verse 8 is saying that nobody will please God through works - because the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God.

But Faith, or Repentance, Gr. metanoia, is "a change of mind, change in the inner man"; it's a Blessing from God given in New Birth to those who were Chosen In Union with Christ Eph. 1:4-5, the Head of the Body, His Church, before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9. So He gives them repentance and acknowledgment of the Truth.

That doesn't make sense. God chose to save through Christ and anyone may believe - that is what scripture says.

2 Tim. 2:25-26
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Paul has already told Timothy that:

1 Tim 2:4-6
who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.

beloved57

How can he? He acknowledges Romans 4 in the OP. Faith is not a work.

He teaches that man is saved by what he does and thats works. He can quote Romans 4 as much as he likes, that doesnt mean a thing if you dont believe or understand it.