HOW MANY ON TOL ARE GRACE GOSPEL BELIEVERS?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I need not reply to such shenanigans. I'm a traditional Protestant who holds to the integral cores of the Reformation, not some oddity of the 19th century.
The language I used is the very terminology Paul used in scripture to describe the Spirit sealing of those who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation. As it is, only AFTER hearing and believing that a believer is sealed today. Your inability to answer is on you. If there has never been a moment when you have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, you are not in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV) as the gospel of your salvation is the means by which one is saved today (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
How could I not?
There is more than one gospel in the bible. Many preach from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and claim that they preach it, yet it wasn't even preached there. Most who say they preach it can no more tell me what the gospel of their salvation is than they can tell me where to find it. I hope you preach it. If not : Galatians 1:8-9 KJV.
The problem is I don't think the term "salvation" to most Christians today means what it meant to Paul. The question is - what is salvation? "Save/salvation" are common words in the Bible in both Greek and Hebrew so... the context is everything.
saved from wrath Romans 5:9 KJV,

not appointed to wrath 1 Thessalonians 5:9 KJV

Predi

There is more than one gospel in the bible. Many preach from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and claim that they preach it, yet it wasn't even preached there. Most who say they preach it can no more tell me what the gospel of their salvation is than they can tell me where to find it. I hope you preach it. If not : Galatians 1:8-9 KJV. saved from wrath Romans 5:9 KJV,

not appointed to wrath 1 Thessalonians 5:9 KJV

Thanks, but what is wrath exactly?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The language I used is the very terminology Paul used in scripture

Nah.

I know Darbyist rhetoric when I see it. Let Paul be Paul and you be you, okay? I know how you all try to influence people, and it's nothing but reverse psychology on the naive.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Thanks, but what is wrath exactly?

Revelation 16:1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

The Body of Christ is saved from it (Romans 5:9 KJV, 1 Thessalonians 5:9 KJV)!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nah.

I know Darbyist rhetoric when I see it. Let Paul be Paul and you be you, okay? I know how you all try to influence people, and it's nothing but reverse psychology on the naive :wave2:
The order is trust AFTER hearing and believing! Straightforward stuff!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The order is trust AFTER hearing and believing! Straightforward stuff!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Cool story.

Reverse psychology- you basically just forced your way in, to drop something pleasant to the ears- which nonetheless has absolutely no importance to this discussion.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Cool story.

Reverse psychology- you basically just forced your way in, to drop something pleasant to the ears- which nonetheless has absolutely no importance to this discussion.
When did you trust the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You can't answer the question. How sad.

You're question has no value to it, because it's either going to follow with what you believe or what I believe. I believe that a person doesn't choose what they believe. Therefore, predestination.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You're question has no value to it, because it's either going to follow with what you believe or what I believe. I believe that a person doesn't choose what they believe. Therefore, predestination.
Predestination is based on God's foreknowledge (Romans 8:29-30 KJV) of who will believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). The question is valid. It is always asked in hope that the person being asked, has had a moment when they have. If not, this same question using God's terms can cause one to 2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV (Hebrews 4:12 KJV).

If there has never been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (That's right there is good news by which we are saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), you are not in the faith. As an ambassador for Christ, I am committed to the word of reconciliation whether or not you believe it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Predestination is based on God's foreknowledge (Romans 8:29-30 KJV) of who will believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). The question is valid. It is always asked in hope tha the person being asked, has had a moment when they have. If not, this same question using God's terms can cause one to 2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV (Hebrews 4:12 KJV).

If there has never been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (That's right there is good news by which we are saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), you are not in the faith. As an ambassador for Christ, I am committed to the word of reconciliation whether or not you believe it.

A BIG AMEN!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Predestination is based on God's foreknowledge (Romans 8:29-30 KJV) of who will believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV). The question is valid. It is always asked in hope tha the person being asked, has had a moment when they have. If not, this same question using God's terms can cause one to 2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV (Hebrews 4:12 KJV). If there has never been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (That's right there is good news by which we are saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), you are not in the faith. As an ambassador for Christ, I am committed to the word of reconciliation whether or not you believe it.

quote-those-who-fall-away-have-never-been-thoroughly-imbued-with-the-knowledge-of-christ-but-john-calvin-75-92-19.jpg

:yawn:
Calvin: 1
Heir: 0

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

We who trust in the simple Gospel of God's Grace towards humanity aren't that interested in man-made false doctrines like Calvinism. That's just the way it is and you guys are forced to live with it. You have no choice. Do you see the irony of what I just said?