MUST WE CONFESS EVERY SIN TO BE FORGIVEN?

glorydaz

Cc: [MENTION=13925]Grosnick Marowbe[/MENTION] [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION] [MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION] [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] [MENTION=13754]exminister[/MENTION]

Mt 15:14 :dizzy:

Paul's gospel doesn't disagree with Peter's gospel...which doesn't disagree with James' gospel... The gospel is the bible from cover to cover (Eph 4:14, Mal 4:5). :bowser: :bowser:

Oh, so all good news is the same......GOOD.

It was good news when I got over being sick.
It was good news when I won a million dollars.
It was good news when my daughter had a baby.

Yep, all good news. BUT, not the same good news. :chuckle:

dialm

BANNED
Banned
According to OSAS you don't have to confess anything. Probably the Supreme Court believes in OSAS because it promotes sin.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The Court had a good judge who didn't believe in that OSAS mumbo jumbo. The best we can hope for from OSASOBAMA is a OSASOMUSLIM.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
OSAS seems to promote one time confession and you are all set for salvation.

Meshak seems to promote good works/deeds, so called obedience, and hatred towards The Apostle Paul, Trinitarian's, and church goers. I wonder why? Well, she's said, she doesn't know if she's saved? Maybe it starts with that? That's probably what her problem is?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Paul's gospel doesn't disagree with Peter's gospel...which doesn't disagree with James' gospel... The gospel is the bible from cover to cover (Eph 4:14, Mal 4:5). :bowser: :bowser:] Oh, so all good news is the same......GOOD.

It was good news when I got over being sick.
It was good news when I won a million dollars.
It was good news when my daughter had a baby.

Yep, all good news. BUT, not the same good news.
What part of scripture is inconsistent? :smokie: Eph 4:14

"...t is so critical that we interpret Scripture carefully in order to understand it correctly. It is a rational process, not a mystical or whimsical one.

Is it a spiritual process? Absolutely. It starts with the understanding that Scripture is internally self-consistent. Therefore as we compare Scripture with Scripture, the clear parts explain the more difficult parts. The more we study, the more light is shed on our understanding. It is hard mental work, but it is spiritual work nonetheless..." Full text: The Truth Is Rational 1 Corinthians 2:14-16; Ephesians 1:18; Ephesians 4:23; 2 Timothy 1:7 by John MacArthur

See:

Inspired Scripture

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
1 John 1:9 states: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

At first glance, one might ascertain that means we need to confess each sin we commit in order to be forgiven of that particular sin. However, that contradicts the Scriptures that state, Christ died for the sins of all. He paid the price with His shed blood and that was a one time sacrifice.

The Bible tells us, "By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." Christ paid the price once and for all. The True Believers sins were already paid for therefore, we need not add anything to what Christ already accomplished. So, what is that Scripture verse really saying? It's relating to us that after we hear the Gospel of our salvation, we must confess to God that we are guilty of being a lost sinner and willing to place ALL of our faith in Christ as our Savior.

Christ's sacrifice was accepted by God the Father when Christ was raised from the dead. It was finished. We need only place our faith in Christ while admitting that we're a sinner in need of a Savior and that Savior is The Lord Jesus Christ. So far as desiring a good relationship with God goes, I personally think confessing a known sin that we've committed is a good way to show God our desire to have good fellowship with Him. However, we need not confess each and every sin in order to be forgiven. We've already been forgiven!

If you knew the difference between Greek articular/anarthrous nouns and English definite/indefinite article nouns, you'd know this was a wrong question.

Hamartiai (plural articular) is not hamartano (the verb) or hamartema (the resulting noun as individual acts).

You whole theology is based on a simple grammatical fallacy from ignorance.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
OSAS seems to promote one time confession and you are all set for salvation.

Not true. God knows true heart and there is NO salvation when the heart is empty. There is NO coming of the Holy Spirit in empty hearts. God knows who is the true seeker and who is looking out for themselves. Believe it!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Meshak seems to promote good works/deeds, so called obedience, and hatred towards The Apostle Paul...
Tell us all about your obedient walk (Eph 4:14). :smokie:

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie (Re 22:14–15).

Related:

Lordship
Give Your Life to Jesus
How Many on TOL are Grace Gospel Believers?
Must We Confess Every Sin?

As a reminder Meshak is number 17 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

glorydaz

What part of scripture is inconsistent? :smokie: Eph 4:14

So you haven't noticed how people use James to counter Paul, or John to counter Paul? :think:

"...t is so critical that we interpret Scripture carefully in order to understand it correctly. It is a rational process, not a mystical or whimsical one.

There's nothing mystical or whimsical about it. There are truths that apply to nations and individuals, Jews and Gentiles, saved and lost. It's critical we understand that.

Is it a spiritual process? Absolutely. It starts with the understanding that Scripture is internally self-consistent. Therefore as we compare Scripture with Scripture, the clear parts explain the more difficult parts. The more we study, the more light is shed on our understanding. It is hard mental work, but it is spiritual work nonetheless..." Full text: The Truth Is Rational 1 Corinthians 2:14-16; Ephesians 1:18; Ephesians 4:23; 2 Timothy 1:7 by John MacArthur

See:

Inspired Scripture

So what's your point?

glorydaz

Tell us all about your obedient walk (Eph 4:14). :smokie:

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie (Re 22:14–15).

I don't "do his commandments" to gain life in the future. That may be the good news (gospel) for some, but for those who are saved by grace, we have life now and He does His work in and through us.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[What part of scripture is inconsistent? :smokie: Eph 4:14] So you haven't noticed how people use James to counter Paul, or John to counter Paul?
I've noticed people undermine the consistency of scripture (Eph 4:14). How does that answer the question?

[Is it a spiritual process? Absolutely. It starts with the understanding that Scripture is internally self-consistent. Therefore as we compare Scripture with Scripture, the clear parts explain the more difficult parts. The more we study, the more light is shed on our understanding. It is hard mental work, but it is spiritual work nonetheless..." Full text: The Truth Is Rational 1 Corinthians 2:14-16; Ephesians 1:18; Ephesians 4:23; 2 Timothy 1:7 by John MacArthur] So what's your point?
What part of scripture is inconsistent? Eph 4:14 :chz4brnz:

glorydaz

I've noticed people undermine the consistency of scripture (Eph 4:14). How does that answer the question?

What part of scripture is inconsistent? Eph 4:14 :chz4brnz:

I guess it depends on what you mean by consistency. Why don't you actually say what you mean instead of sending us off someplace else?

And why do you keep putting up a verse that has nothing to do with consistency?

Do you bring an animal to the priest as the Jews did? Do you keep the Sabbath? To be consistent, you should be doing so.