ECT The Fall of Satan

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What are your views on the fall of Satan?
By "fall" I am referring to the time that iniquity was found in him.

My view is that iniquity was found in him at least by the time of the Garden of Eden when he tempted/deceived Eve.

There is an interesting view that says that he fell before the 6 days of creation.
More specifically, between the creation and the forming of the world in the 6 days.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I think he fell in the garden....when he saw Eve looking at the tree

And God said to the serpent "because thou hast done this......"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree with that view.
The view I've heard is gonna include the gap theory, so that will turn off a lot of folks.

It basically says that Satan was given rulership/dominion as the seer over the earth, but he messed it up into a chaotic mess.
The Holy Spirit then hovered over the chaos and the beginning of molding and forming the earth back to an orderly form began the six days of creation.

When man was created on the sixth day, man was told to take dominion of the earth.
But man fell also, and the earth started becoming chaotic again (thorns, weeds, and such).

So the battle for dominion rages on between Satan and his minions and mankind.
And will continue to rage on until the perfect sinless man comes to restore the earth and take dominion.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When man was created on the sixth day, man was told to take dominion of the earth.

Yes, Adam relinquished his dominion to Satan and Satan is described by Paul as the god of this age.
(2 Corinthians 4:4)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What are your views on the fall of Satan?
By "fall" I am referring to the time that iniquity was found in him.

That verse is speaking of man.

My view is that iniquity was found in him at least by the time of the Garden of Eden when he tempted/deceived Eve.

Satan was a liar from the beginning.

Satan is the spirit of this age.

Satan is not and was never an angel, neither was he ever in Heaven.

Nor did any angels ever fall with satan from Heaven.

There has not, nor ever can be rebellion in Heaven.

What prevents such happening un the future if such a rebellion did occur in the past?

There is an interesting view that says that he fell before the 6 days of creation.
More specifically, between the creation and the forming of the world in the 6 days.

No scripture states it.

Confusion exists over one word, but that is because much of Gods word was prophetic of the future fall and its restitution.

Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Luke 10:18

When?

and referring to what?

Luk 10:17 And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.
Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Lucifer was part of the category of 'the host of heaven'.
On the sixth day, GOD declared that everything that He had made was very good.
Lucifer had to have fallen after the sixth day.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Lucifer was part of the category of 'the host of heaven'.
On the sixth day, GOD declared that everything that He had made was very good.
Lucifer had to have fallen after the sixth day.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
See, this makes it interesting!

I'm gonna call the theory I laid out above as the gap theory because it includes the gap theory.
(Doesn't mean I hold to that theory.)

In the gap theory, Satan was created before man.
Satan was the overseer of earth and turned it into chaos.
God fixed it in 6 days and appointed man to be the overseer.
Satan has been trying to regain his rulership over the whole earth (and will pull it off for a short while in the end times).
Christ comes, boots Satan, and man is overseer again.

But if man was created before Satan, then maybe man was appointed overseer first, and fell.
Perhaps one could even say man was conquered/overthrown by Satan, so Satan took over the rulership of earth, not by being appointed by God, but simply as a conquering invader rules what he has conquered..
I mean, do we have any passages saying that he was specifically appointed by God to rule earth?

If Satan and man were created on the same day (6th), it seems unlikely that God would tell man to have dominion if he gave Satan dominion on the same day.

The question is..... WHEN did God appoint Satan to have of earth ---- before or after man was given dominion?
Does scripture give us enough detail to know one way or the other?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The question is..... WHEN did God appoint Satan to have of earth ---- before or after man was given dominion?
Does scripture give us enough detail to know one way or the other?

I would ask PPS to find the answers in the Greek nouns that are used

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So the battle for dominion rages on between Satan and his minions and mankind.
And will continue to rage on until the perfect sinless man comes to restore the earth and take dominion.

That's not what the Apostle Paul said:

(Rom 16:20) The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Satan was defeated at the cross, then thrown out of heaven down to planet earth (both events happened in 30AD). From 30AD to 70AD Satan roamed the planet looking for people to devour.

Then in 70AD Satan was bound for a thousand years. That's why Paul said what he did in Romans 16:20 above.

For Rom 16:20 to fit your Dispensationalism, you have to make the word "soon" mean 1,900+ years (and still counting).

I believe what the Apostle Paul said, you don't.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

(Rom 16:20) The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Satan was defeated at the cross, then thrown out of heaven down to planet earth (both events happened in 30AD). From 30AD to 70AD Satan roamed the planet looking for people to devour.

Then in 70AD Satan was bound for a thousand years. That's why Paul said what he did in Romans 16:20 above.

For Rom 16:20 to fit your Dispensationalism, you have to make the word "soon" mean 1,900+ years (and still counting).

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

And?

Prior to the cross Satan resided in heaven, but traveled back and forth between heaven and earth.

(Job 1:6-7) One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

When Satan was defeated at the cross, he was thrown out of heaven down to planet earth, and roamed the planet until 70AD.

In 70AD Satan was bound, and can no longer deceive the nations.

Satan remains bound until the thousand years are over. When they are over Satan will be released for a little while, will once again deceive the nations, but then defeated for good, and then thrown into the lake of fire.

Danoh

Hey moron, when a sporting event is temporarly paused, or a temporary cease fire is called during a war; what prior time, place, momentum, setting, etc., do things return to when said pause and or cease fire are lifted?

Dozens of moments and situations in life are like that you idiot.

Danoh

...When Satan was defeated at the cross, he was thrown out of heaven down to planet earth, and roamed the planet until 70AD.

In 70AD Satan was bound, and can no longer deceive the nations.

Satan remains bound until the thousand years are over. When they are over Satan will be released for a little while, will once again deceive the nations, but then defeated for good, and then thrown into the lake of fire.

As taught by the Roman Catholic "church."

Way to go Jesuit Preterist.