Christian vs Jewish

katiecrna

I am around a lot of Jewish cultures and families here. I am Christian, I believe Jesus is God. But A few things that I, as an outsider observe that I like about the Jewish culture is...

They appear to be very tight net group of people that just focus on their own religion and they don't worry about others in the sense that they mind their own business and don't put energy into converting others and controlling or telling others how to live. They just appear to be focused on their relationship with God and their family.

Sometimes "Christians" are more into telling everyone else what to do them they are focused on God themselves. Sometimes Christians can be very judgmental.

Another thing is... Jewish people seem to have a set rules and beliefs. Yes there are different secs Of Jewish religions with different beliefs but when I learn about their beliefs I can understand how they get to that and I can follow it in the bible (New Testament).

Sometimes I feel like Christians are watered down, or Luke warm in comparison. I know this sounds bad but sometimes I think Christians live how they want to, and then they find scripture to back up their lifestyle. As apposed to reading scripture and living their life. I think that sometimes Christians pick and choose what they want to believe and follow and when they don't want to do something they say.... Well that was in a different context and shouldn't be taken literal. I mean people are against homosexuality but then don't stand against divorce as passionately, or women who don't wear head coverings or women that cut their hair...

I believe that Jesus is God, but I am going through through a time in my life where I am questioning with what I think God really wants us to live like and how o actually live if that makes sense. I really admire the Jewish culture and their determination to keep the culture alive.

Any thoughts?

God's Truth

I am around a lot of Jewish cultures and families here. I am Christian, I believe Jesus is God. But A few things that I, as an outsider observe that I like about the Jewish culture is...

They appear to be very tight net group of people that just focus on their own religion and they don't worry about others in the sense that they mind their own business and don't put energy into converting others and controlling or telling others how to live. They just appear to be focused on their relationship with God and their family.

Sometimes "Christians" are more into telling everyone else what to do them they are focused on God themselves. Sometimes Christians can be very judgmental.

Another thing is... Jewish people seem to have a set rules and beliefs. Yes there are different secs Of Jewish religions with different beliefs but when I learn about their beliefs I can understand how they get to that and I can follow it in the bible (New Testament).

Sometimes I feel like Christians are watered down, or Luke warm in comparison. I know this sounds bad but sometimes I think Christians live how they want to, and then they find scripture to back up their lifestyle. As apposed to reading scripture and living their life. I think that sometimes Christians pick and choose what they want to believe and follow and when they don't want to do something they say.... Well that was in a different context and shouldn't be taken literal. I mean people are against homosexuality but then don't stand against divorce as passionately, or women who don't wear head coverings or women that cut their hair...

I believe that Jesus is God, but I am going through through a time in my life where I am questioning with what I think God really wants us to live like and how o actually live if that makes sense. I really admire the Jewish culture and their determination to keep the culture alive.

Any thoughts?

The Jewish culture does not obey God, nor can they.

How is there anything admirable once that happens?

The Jews who do not come to Christ are just as cut off and condemned as all else who do not believe in Jesus.

PureX

Most Jews do not believe that Judaism is the only pathway to God. They believe it is the only pathway to God, for Jews. Therefor, they have no reason to proselytize their beliefs to others or to condemn anyone who doesn't agree with or follow their beliefs.

Sadly, this is not so of most Christians. Most Christians believe that religious Christianity is the only possible way for any human being to recognize and relate to God and that anyone who does not agree with this is wrong, and is "lost" to their own ego and selfishness (and is therefor condemned unless they repent). Which is why we never see Jews going from door to door proselytizing their religious doctrines to strangers, nor generally judging and condemning their fellow humans as a mater of course.

Regarding the Bible, it is my understanding that most Jews use scripture as inspiration to contemplate the mysterious relationship between mankind and "God". And do not perceive the texts as though they were written by God, Himself. Whereas many religious Christians view their Bible as a 'how-to' manual for what to believe and how to act because they perceive it to have been written by God, Himself.

From my perspective, these would be good reasons to reject Christianity in favor of Judaism, except for the message and promise of Christ. Which is to my mind the essence of Christianity, and the reason to be a Christian. That is the message that God's love acting in us and through us to each others, will heal us and save us from ourselves. And if enough of us will accept this message and live for this promise, heaven and earth will become one, and we will dwell in 'Eden' with God, once again.

I believe in this message, and the promise that comes with it, as I have experienced that healing love in my own life and have seen it at work in the lives of others. So for that reason I remain a Christian. Although not a particularly religious one. Because I think it's the religion of Christianity that has lost it's way, and succumbed to it's own authoritarianism and self-righteousness.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I really admire the Jewish culture and their determination to keep the culture alive.

Christ led Jacob's people out of Egypt to build a holy nation. At Horeb Christ told Moses to strike a certain rock and water would flow out of it so the people could drink. The rock symbolized Christ and the water symbolized his Spirit. (1 Corinthians 10:4)

Previously, Christ told Abraham to circumcise his flesh which was to symbolize circumcision of the heart. Jesus said the flesh profits nothing and Paul explained that physical circumcision was irrelevant. A true Jew is one who has circumcision of the heart. (Deuteronomy 10:16)(Deuteronomy 30:6)

Paul taught that a true Jew is one inwardly and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter... (Romans 2:25-29)

Jesus said, "Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie — indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet and to know that I have loved you." (Revelation 3:9)

Jesus was not referring to Jacob's people, he was referring to those who claim to have a circumcised heart but they really don't. They don't keep Christ's Sabbath or Passover, they don't follow his dietary restrictions which are for the purpose of sanctification, they don't subscribe to Jesus' gospel of God's kingdom of which he is the King and will be a King of kings.

Jesus is King of the Jews, the true Jews. (Luke 23:38)

God's Truth

Christ led Jacob's people out of Egypt to build a holy nation. At Horeb Christ told Moses to strike a certain rock and water would flow out of it so the people could drink. The rock symbolized Christ and the water symbolized his Spirit. (1 Corinthians 10:4)

Previously, Christ told Abraham to circumcise his flesh which was to symbolize circumcision of the heart. Jesus said the flesh profits nothing and Paul explained that physical circumcision was irrelevant. A true Jew is one who has circumcision of the heart. (Deuteronomy 10:16)(Deuteronomy 30:6)

Paul taught that a true Jew is one inwardly and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter... (Romans 2:25-29)

Jesus said, "Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie — indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet and to know that I have loved you." (Revelation 3:9)

Jesus was not referring to Jacob's people, he was referring to those who claim to have a circumcised heart but they really don't. They don't keep Christ's Sabbath or Passover, they don't follow his dietary restrictions which are for the purpose of sanctification, they don't subscribe to Jesus' gospel of God's kingdom of which he is the King and will be a King of kings.

Jesus is King of the Jews, the true Jews. (Luke 23:38)

Are you giving mixed messages?

The dietary laws were to make one's self clean, just to be able to eat the Passover meal.

No one has to clean themselves to eat the Passover meal anymore, for Jesus is the Passover and his blood cleans us.

God's Truth

Do you understand what sanctification means? The kingdom of God is not about food. (Romans 14:14)

You are the one that was defending the dietary law. If you were not, then say so, but do not be underhanded and act as if I am the one who does not understand.

God's Truth

Are you giving mixed messages?

The dietary laws were to make one's self clean, just to be able to eat the Passover meal.

No one has to clean themselves to eat the Passover meal anymore, for Jesus is the Passover and his blood cleans us.
jamie is having a problem with responding to my post. Maybe she will have a change of heart and answer correctly.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Any thoughts?

Tight Knit group, not net. Yes i know what you mean, that's why if I ever find a wife a want a Jewish woman, then I'll convert her

katiecrna

Is that a person on this forum? Or are you asking how I vote? No j am not republicanchick and I am a democrat :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are the one that was defending the dietary law.

The dietary restrictions have to do with sanctification, which has to do with Christ's kingdom.

If you don't believe Christ's dietary restrictions won't set you apart from unbelievers just try it for a week.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Sounds like the mormons. :idunno:

Any thoughts?
Try reading the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

God's Truth

The dietary restrictions have to do with sanctification, which has to do with Christ's kingdom.

The kingdom is not a matter of eating and drinking. There are not different kingdoms when it comes to God.

If you don't believe Christ's dietary restrictions won't set you apart from unbelievers just try it for a week.

Anyone can fast. The Holy Spirit is the one who sets people apart and sanctifies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Jesus was conceived by the Father.

And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you. Therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:35)​

The Father is the Highest.