The Way That Seems Right Unto A Man

Robert Pate

Banned
"There is a way that seems right unto a man: but the end thereof are the ways of death" Proverbs 14:12.

The way that seems right to a man are the ways of religion. Religion is always man centered. All of the cults have a man at the center of their doctrine, religion or theology. In the Calvinist religion it is John Calvin. In the Catholic religion it is the pope. In the Mormon religion it is Joseph Smith. Regardless of which religion it is there is always a man at the center.

The Christian religion or faith does not have a man at its center, it is founded on the work and the person of Jesus Christ who was and is without sin.

Religion seems like the right way, do good works, be a good person and God will accept you into heaven. This is the devils lie. We are all born into sin, Psalm 51:5. We are all sinners without works. We did not become sinners by what we did or by what we have become. We became sinners because our parents were sinners, because their parents were sinners and it all goes back to Adam, Romans 5:12.

When Adam sinned God with drew his Spirit from him. All that are born into the world are void of the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, Paul said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2. Before one can receive the Holy Spirit God must see you as perfect and complete "In Christ". To be "In Christ" means that you have forsaken your religion or your righteousness and that you are totally and completely dependent upon the righteousness and the atonement of your sins by Christ for your salvation.

This is what Peter meant when he said..."Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God (The Gospel) which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23. The Holy Spirit and the Gospel message are inseparable. All who hear and believe the Gospel are born again. This is why Jesus told the apostles to go into all of the world and preach the Gospel to everyone, Mark 16:15. Paul wrote, "For the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Romans 1:16.

This is God's way. This is God's plan of salvation. This is the only way that anyone can be saved. It is not the way of Calvinism, nor is it the way of Catholicism or any man conceived religion. It is God's way.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Before one can receive the Holy Spirit God must see you as perfect and complete "In Christ".

By a person's own works, is that what you are saying?

The purpose of God's Spirit is to guide a person into becoming perfect and complete in Christ. You have the cart before the horse.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Who do you believe to be the source of religion at its beginning?

And at the end of the time I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven and my understanding returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him (Christ) who lives forever, for His dominion is an everlasting dominion and His kingdom is from generation to generation. (Daniel 4:34)​

Sounds to me like Nebuchadnezzar saw the Light.

PureX

"There is a way that seems right unto a man: but the end thereof are the ways of death" Proverbs 14:12.
Ain't none of us getting out of here alive, regardless of what way we choose to follow. So I must surmise that this is about a kind of spiritual death. In which case not much is being illuminated, here, since we all think our way is the "right way" or we wouldn't be following it. But not all ways are the right way, for us, and so some of us are bound to be fooling ourselves (which is all this quote seems to be pointing out).

The funny thing is, though, that everyone who reads this quote will assume it's the 'other guys' that are fooling themselves, and will find themselves in that spiritual graveyard in the end. So that no one ever really learns anything from reading this quote. Because everyone applies it to everyone else.

That's the interesting thing about much of the Bible text: it really only has value when we apply it to ourselves. … Which we almost never do.

Robert Pate

Banned
Ain't none of us getting out of here alive, regardless of what way we choose to follow. So I must surmise that this is about a kind of spiritual death. In which case not much is being illuminated, here, since we all think our way is the "right way" or we wouldn't be following it. But not all ways are the right way, for us, and so some of us are bound to be fooling ourselves (which is all this quote seems to be pointing out).

The funny thing is, though, that everyone who reads this quote will assume it's the 'other guys' that are fooling themselves, and will find themselves in that spiritual graveyard in the end. So that no one ever really learns anything from reading this quote. Because everyone applies it to everyone else.

That's the interesting thing about much of the Bible text: it really only has value when we apply it to ourselves. … Which we almost never do.

It is not God's fault if one finds themselves in hell.

God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man.

If they refuse to go God's way and go their own way, it is not God's fault, Romans 1:18-20.

Robert Pate

Banned

The purpose of God's Spirit is to guide a person into becoming perfect and complete in Christ. You have the cart before the horse.

Far from it.

No one can become acceptable to God by their works.

When one comes to Christ as a repent sinner and accepts what God has done for them in Jesus Christ, God gives them the Holy Spirit and places them in Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When one comes to Christ as a repent sinner and accepts what God has done for them in Jesus Christ, God gives them the Holy Spirit and places them in Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

But you said before a person receives God's Spirit the person must be perfect and complete.

You said, "Before one can receive the Holy Spirit God must see you as perfect and complete 'In Christ'."

Which is it?

genuineoriginal

The Christian religion or faith does not have a man at its center

Acts 2:22
22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:​

Robert Pate

Banned
But you said before a person receives God's Spirit the person must be perfect and complete.

You said, "Before one can receive the Holy Spirit God must see you as perfect and complete 'In Christ'."

Which is it?

Being "In Christ" is a spiritual thing. It is not something that can be obtained through works.

Robert Pate

Banned

Acts 2:22
22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:​

Jesus is the Godman, he is as much as man can be and as much as God can be in one person

genuineoriginal

Jesus said, "I and the Father are one" John 10:30.
Just how are Jesus and the Father one?
We are supposed to be one with Jesus and the Father in that exact same manner.

John 17:22-23
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.​

beloved57

The way that seems right to a man are the ways of religion. Religion is always man centered. All of the cults have a man at the center of their doctrine, religion or theology. In the Calvinist religion it is John Calvin. In the Catholic religion it is the pope. In the Mormon religion it is Joseph Smith. Regardless of which religion it is there is always a man at the center.

The Christian religion or faith does not have a man at its center, it is founded on the work and the person of Jesus Christ who was and is without sin.

Religion seems like the right way, do good works, be a good person and God will accept you into heaven. This is the devils lie. We are all born into sin, Psalm 51:5. We are all sinners without works. We did not become sinners by what we did or by what we have become. We became sinners because our parents were sinners, because their parents were sinners and it all goes back to Adam, Romans 5:12.

When Adam sinned God with drew his Spirit from him. All that are born into the world are void of the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, Paul said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2. Before one can receive the Holy Spirit God must see you as perfect and complete "In Christ". To be "In Christ" means that you have forsaken your religion or your righteousness and that you are totally and completely dependent upon the righteousness and the atonement of your sins by Christ for your salvation.

This is what Peter meant when he said..."Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God (The Gospel) which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23. The Holy Spirit and the Gospel message are inseparable. All who hear and believe the Gospel are born again. This is why Jesus told the apostles to go into all of the world and preach the Gospel to everyone, Mark 16:15. Paul wrote, "For the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes" Romans 1:16.

This is God's way. This is God's plan of salvation. This is the only way that anyone can be saved. It is not the way of Calvinism, nor is it the way of Catholicism or any man conceived religion. It is God's way.

You teach salvation by works, by what a person does. Its the way of cain !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are not one with God and Christ here on earth, not yet. If you think you are then do a miracle like God, Jesus, Paul and the other apostles.

Miracles? Not my job. (1 Corinthians 12:29)

I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I in You that they also may be one in Us that the world may believe that You sent Me. (John 17:20-21)​

glorydaz

You won't have a cart or a horse if you follow that plan.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Miracles? Not my job. (1 Corinthians 12:29)
I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I in You that they also may be one in Us that the world may believe that You sent Me. (John 17:20-21)​

Future event. Plus you're on the heretic list

Last edited:

PureX

It is not God's fault if one finds themselves in hell.

God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man.

If they refuse to go God's way and go their own way, it is not God's fault
None of that really matters, though, un less the "they" in this case, is YOU. But of course you are assuming that it isn't. Which is exactly what "they" are doing.