Give me biblical support for Christmas.

marhig

I believe in God , Jesus and the bible. I just don't like religion and Christianity. I like keeping them away from my belief. I like it like that. No religious or human meddling.

Me too :)

To me true Christians are those who truly follow Christ and live it out, who don't just speak with their mouths but live a life that pleases God by doing his will and turn from sin and obey God.

I don't see the teachings of Jesus or those who follow him in the Bible as many mainstream Christan's do. Many have a do nothing gospel, but if we truly love God then we will lay down our lives for others, become living sacrifices and do his will.

I don't believe in religion or any church that is worldly and had built up a natural temple, we are the temple of the living God, living stones built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ as our cornerstone. There is no need to build up in this world to worship God, we truly worship God by worshipping him in spirit and in truth.

clefty

Or don't celebrate anything.
drool.gif
Your choice Ro 14:5
*Soapbox moment over* Je 10:1-16, Mt 15:16-20

Seven festivals are available and once a week after the six days of work all for you...

Why what He scheduled for you is not enough might be your carnal appetites for more...

I suggest you discipline it and sober up abit...fasting helps with that choose a day any day like what Paul recommends in Romans 14 and begin to understand you don't need so much but what He provides is exactly enough...

Sometimes people get so hungry they would eat anything...because they are undisciplined...

Their appetite would have them do anything is exactly the point of Matt 15

The decision to eat anything and everything comes from a defiled mind...one that rebels at what was instructed for His people...

Those that die to themselves and live transformed in Him live as He did...and even eat as He did...

Mickiel

Me too :)

To me true Christians are those who truly follow Christ and live it out, who don't just speak with their mouths but live a life that pleases God by doing his will and turn from sin and obey God.

I don't see the teachings of Jesus or those who follow him in the Bible as many mainstream Christan's do. Many have a do nothing gospel, but if we truly love God then we will lay down our lives for others, become living sacrifices and do his will.

I don't believe in religion or any church that is worldly and had built up a natural temple, we are the temple of the living God, living stones built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ as our cornerstone. There is no need to build up in this world to worship God, we truly worship God by worshipping him in spirit and in truth.

I think God will look for those who worship him in Spirit and in truth ;

when he starts looking.

clefty

You might want to re-read many of the answers already provided. There is solid Biblical support for celebrating and worshipping our Savior.

Of course there is...the way He prescribed...don't come to Him as Cain did with the best of your fruits...

Don't make a golden calf and claim it represents your savior...

Don't worship with false worship...making yourself to stumble and others too...

Even the serpent He instructed to make and look too became an idol when it's intent was done...

Worship with His spirit and truth...

marhig

I think God will look for those who worship him in Spirit and in truth ;

when he starts looking.
He is looking now, through his people who bring Christ and the truth to others and he is looking for those who will love him with their whole heart and be willing to lay down their life for others. Who put God first in their lives and turn from the ways of the world, Jesus preached the truth and he lived it, if we truly follow him and truly love God with all our hearts, then we will do the same, and once we are born of God, we will then be walking in the Spirit, listening to the holy spirit within as he guides us every day, and obeying God. This is the true worship that God looks for.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Seven festivals are available and once a week after the six days of work all for you...
And a big one's coming up.
11aeg03jpg_zps8f9e6d03.gif

See:

Re 12 Sign
Why what He scheduled for you is not enough might be your carnal appetites for more...
:yawn: Tell me all about my carnal appetites (Eph 4:14, Jn 8:36). :peach:
I suggest you discipline it and sober up abit [sic]...fasting helps with that...
:yawn: The Christian fasts naturally (2 Ti 3:12, Mt 16:16). :dizzy:
The decision to eat anything and everything comes from a defiled mind...
Keep up with the plot changes. :hammer:

See:

The Plot (an overview of the Bible) by Bob Enyart

Mickiel

He is looking now, through his people who bring Christ and the truth to others and he is looking for those who will love him with their whole heart and be willing to lay down their life for others. Who put God first in their lives and turn from the ways of the world, Jesus preached the truth and he lived it, if we truly follow him and truly love God with all our hearts, then we will do the same, and once we are born of God, we will then be walking in the Spirit, listening to the holy spirit within as he guides us every day, and obeying God. This is the true worship that God looks for.

In my view, during the end times , whenever that is , because I don't know ; it could be 200 years from now, 100 years from now , 10 years from now , or it could have started yesterday ; I don't know ; and the true scriptures say even Christ does not know when the Father will return, so any believer in God who calls these the end times , they don't really know; and I know that. But God will callout a small church, called the first fruits , and they will be much like you described, I think nothing like the believers are now; all messed up with the powerful modern influences of sin in all its forms. And that called out church will just be the first wave of a salvation that will compass this whole world!

In my view , God has not yet called out these people ; because I know they will be like a light on a hill that cannot be hidden ; which means the whole world will recognize them ; everyone will know they are the true church of God. There is no church like that now. . I am sorry to say this. We may not live to see them , but I wish I could. I wish God would let me live to only see them.

I know they will be like him.

marhig

In my view, during the end times , whenever that is , because I don't know ; it could be 200 years from now, 100 years from now , 10 years from now , or it could have started yesterday ; I don't know ; and the true scriptures say even Christ does not know when the Father will return, so any believer in God who calls these the end times , they don't really know; and I know that. But God will callout a small church, called the first fruits , and they will be much like you described, I think nothing like the believers are now; all messed up with the powerful modern influences of sin in all its forms. And that called out church will just be the first wave of a salvation that will compass this whole world!

In my view , God has not yet called out these people ; because I know they will be like a light on a hill that cannot be hidden ; which means the whole world will recognize them ; everyone will know they are the true church of God. There is no church like that now. . I am sorry to say this. We may not live to see them , but I wish I could. I wish God would let me live to only see them.

I know they will be like him.

There is a church like that now, they are those who worship God from their hearts and live according to his will and bring the love and light of Christ to others. They are the living stones, they aren't of a certain denomination but they walk in the light.

All those who walk in the light bare witness to the truth and they bring the light to others. Jesus returned when he said he would, in that generation. He returned in his apostles and in his deciples he returned in his true witnesses and you will know them by their fruits, by their life and by their word and you will see Christ in them by the power of the holy spirit. And when this happens and we believe and have faith, then it should be the end of our world and we should be starting a new life in God, walking in the spirit, worshipping God in spirit and in truth.

There may well be an end of the world one day, but only God knows when that will be, but Christ is here in the hearts of those who truly love him and you will see the light of his life in them.

I was out with my husband last week, and driving through country roads at night. As I looked out of the side window I couldn't see anything, it was pitch black, and I thought that this is what it's like to be in darkness and away from God. Pitch black and we can't see anything just this fleshly life and the things of the world.

But I once knew a man who brought God and Christ to me, he was living it out and he spoke the truth and I knew it in my heart. And I thought that he and those who are born of God are like lamp posts in the dark to guide others through the darkness until the day star which is Christ, rises in their hearts and they can then see the way clearly themselves, naturally as the sun rises the day dawn's until it is fully risen to its fullest height, and this is the opposite to being in the darkness. And this is like when Christ rises within our hearts, at first we are looking through the lattice, or looking through the glass darkly, the things of God are slowly manifest in our hearts by the power of the spirit, and as Christ rises we see more perfectly and we see clearer and we know the way, and instead of walking in the darkness we are walking in the light of Christ, in a new and living way, and we are bringing the light to others who we meet. The more we are willing to let go of the flesh and this world, the more we see and the stronger we become in God.

It's not a future thing, it's happening here and now, Christ has returned in his people. Only God the father knows when the natural end of the world will be, and that's not for us to worry about, we are to do his will and get our hearts right before him now and be ready to be used when he needs us.

Mickiel

There is a church like that now, they are those who worship God from their hearts and live according to his will and bring the love and light of Christ to others. They are the living stones, they aren't of a certain denomination but they walk in the light.

All those who walk in the light bare witness to the truth and they bring the light to others. Jesus returned when he said he would, in that generation. He returned in his apostles and in his deciples he returned in his true witnesses and you will know them by their fruits, by their life and by their word and you will see Christ in them by the power of the holy spirit. And when this happens and we believe and have faith, then it should be the end of our world and we should be starting a new life in God, walking in the spirit, worshipping God in spirit and in truth.

There may well be an end of the world one day, but only God knows when that will be, but Christ is here in the hearts of those who truly love him and you will see the light of his life in them.

I was out with my husband last week, and driving through country roads at night. As I looked out of the side window I couldn't see anything, it was pitch black, and I thought that this is what it's like to be in darkness and away from God. Pitch black and we can't see anything just this fleshly life and the things of the world.

But I once knew a man who brought God and Christ to me, he was living it out and he spoke the truth and I knew it in my heart. And I thought that he and those who are born of God are like lamp posts in the dark to guide others through the darkness until the day star which is Christ, rises in their hearts and they can then see the way clearly themselves, naturally as the sun rises the day dawn's until it is fully risen to its fullest height, and this is the opposite to being in the darkness. And this is like when Christ rises within our hearts, at first we are looking through the lattice, or looking through the glass darkly, the things of God are slowly manifest in our hearts by the power of the spirit, and as Christ rises we see more perfectly and we see clearer and we know the way, and instead of walking in the darkness we are walking in the light of Christ, in a new and living way, and we are bringing the light to others who we meet. The more we are willing to let go of the flesh and this world, the more we see and the stronger we become in God.

It's not a future thing, it's happening here and now, Christ has returned in his people. Only God the father knows when the natural end of the world will be, and that's not for us to worry about, we are to do his will and get our hearts right before him now and be ready to be used when he needs us.

I see things quite differing. I go by scripture , and there is no church like the one the scripture describes on earth at this time. Now there may be scattered people who will be called into that church, being prepared even now , but there is no church that God himself has gathered. Because he will gather this church from peoples all over the world. I don't pay attention to every little church that makes themselves this church in their selfish desires. Such believers take the kingdom by force, or rob the calling of God by the sheer violence of their personal claims.

marhig

I see things quite differing. I go by scripture , and there is no church like the one the scripture describes on earth at this time. Now there may be scattered people who will be called into that church, being prepared even now , but there is no church that God himself has gathered. Because he will gather this church from peoples all over the world. I don't pay attention to every little church that makes themselves this church in their selfish desires. Such believers take the kingdom by force, or rob the calling of God by the sheer violence of their personal claims.

So what about the apostles and those who Jesus chose, don't they belong to Gods church?

God is a living God and his church is made up of living stones, born anew and alive in the spirit, and Christ is their head. It's not a certain denomination, many churches are false and build up in this world. Gods true church are those who have laid down their life and live by Gods will, they are humble and this world means nothing to them.

Jesus said, who is my mother, my brother and my sister, but those who do the will of my father. And this is the true church of God. And they are all those who truly follow Christ in their lives and they are doers of the word and not hearers only.

I go to a little house meeting, 4 times a week. And I know that there are people in our meeting who are born of God, because I see the love of Christ in them, and I know that they truly follow him and I know that that they belong to Gods true church.

Maybe you haven't met people like that in your life, but I have and I know that Gods church is alive and growing.

It says in acts that by the power of the holy spirit, Peter and the other apostles added 3000 to the church in one day, which church is this then if it's not the church of God? And what church is the Lord adding to in the verse below, if it's not Gods church?

Acts 2

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
should hitler, stalin, mao receive salvation?

Do they need it? I am happy its not up to you.

i prefer direct answers to direct questions, but that doesn't seem to be your style, so i'll have to assume that your answer is "yes, mao, stalin and hitler should receive salvation"

What do you think Christ meant here: Matthew 18:6

do you think those that cause little ones who believe in Him to stumble should receive salvation?

Mickiel

So what about the apostles and those who Jesus chose, don't they belong to Gods church?

God is a living God and his church is made up of living stones, born anew and alive in the spirit, and Christ is their head. It's not a certain denomination, many churches are false and build up in this world. Gods true church are those who have laid down their life and live by Gods will, they are humble and this world means nothing to them.

Jesus said, who is my mother, my brother and my sister, but those who do the will of my father. And this is the true church of God. And they are all those who truly follow Christ in their lives and they are doers of the word and not hearers only.

I go to a little house meeting, 4 times a week. And I know that there are people in our meeting who are born of God, because I see the love of Christ in them, and I know that they truly follow him and I know that that they belong to Gods true church.

Maybe you haven't met people like that in your life, but I have and I know that Gods church is alive and growing.

It says in acts that by the power of the holy spirit, Peter and the other apostles added 3000 to the church in one day, which church is this then if it's not the church of God? And what church is the Lord adding to in the verse below, if it's not Gods church?

Acts 2

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

All those people lived during the times of Christ and about 300 years after he left. After about 300 years , the church of God became so infected, it looked nothing like the first churches. They absorbed far too much paganism , philosophy and false doctrines into their bloodstream. Oh churches of God still exist , but they are in rebellion ,or deceived states. Jesus has things against them. No need in taking my word for it , read it for yourself in Rev. 2:4 , in Rev. 2:15 Jesus church was doing things he "Hates!". Hello! In Rev. 2:20 Jesus has things again against the church of God. In Rev. 3:17 Jesus describes a church of God , which I think is in our age , as " Wretched , miserable , poor , blind and naked! 'Hello. This is Jesus describing the condition of a church of God!

Jesus describes yet another church of God , which is the church in its final stage on earth , BEFORE that church I described as God calling out ; this is the last church of God on earth that is deceived , in Rev. 3:20Jesusis standing at their door knocking. Understand this ; this means Jesus is NOT IN his own church! He's on the outside!

So hey , you can say all you want about the church of God , I go by these scriptures. They paint a far different picture than you are seeing. God bless your sweet heart , the truth about this is just hurtful.

Mickiel

i prefer direct answers to direct questions, but that doesn't seem to be your style, so i'll have to assume that your answer is "yes, mao, stalin and hitler should receive salvation"

What do you think Christ meant here: Matthew 18:6

do you think those that cause little ones who believe in Him to stumble should receive salvation?

Yes I do. I believe everyone should receive salvation , especially those people you Christians don't see receiving it.

Mickiel

what do you think Christ meant by "...it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea"?

I think he meant its wiser to leave certain people alone than to bother them. I think he meant its better to leave those under God's protection alone than to bother them and face the wrath of God. God is a very forgiving being ,but he will punish if and when he takes a mind to. God will kill. God does get angry ,but he does not stay angry; Psalms 103:9 ,Isaiah 57:16.

The biblical phrase " The Wrath of God", basically means or describes God's reaction to sin, not the sinner. God just does not like sin ;I mean he just does not like it at all. But he totally loves humans . I mean we all are his actual offspring ; his own children , his generate. All the humans he has killed ,he knows he will one day resurrect them to a far better existence.

The punishment of God is always corrective! Always meant to improve the person its aimed at.