ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Ro 3:4] Great example of taking scripture out of context...
:yawn: Eph 4:14

"Let God be true (γινέσθω ὁ Θεὸς ἀληθής). Rev., better, “let God be found true;” thus giving the force of γίνομαι to become. See on was, I am, John 8:58. The phrase is used with reference to men’s apprehension. Let God turn out to be or be found to be by His creatures." Vincent, M. R. (1887). Word studies in the New Testament (Vol. 3, p. 33). New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons.

Right Divider

Body part
:yawn: Eph 4:14

"Let God be true (γινέσθω ὁ Θεὸς ἀληθής). Rev., better, “let God be found true;” thus giving the force of γίνομαι to become. See on was, I am, John 8:58. The phrase is used with reference to men’s apprehension. Let God turn out to be or be found to be by His creatures." Vincent, M. R. (1887). Word studies in the New Testament (Vol. 3, p. 33). New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons.
More irrelevant opinion.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What an amateurish rendering of those passages. Where'd you get your instruction on how to study out the intended sense of any word in Scripture before allowing yourself to conclude on it?

What a fool you are to right off conclude the word "obedience" right off means what fits your notions.

Fool - "the obediance of faith" for example, refers to the simple "obediance" not of doing something, but of "believing" a thing evidently set forth as true is (true).

The Galatians were busy "obeying" - went to town big time on it.

Problem? The necessary obedience had ALREADY been FINISHED.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Now read this entire post again...
That's a keeper!
:thumb:

ClimateSanity

Name one commandment GT that you obeyed today that you feel the members of TOL don't obey who argue with you. Do not include activity on the computer.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's a keeper!
:thumb:

Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom 16:19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

2Co 10:6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

Act 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Believers obeyed Christ in what He said to them , but it bought the following reaction from those who disobey Him, as it is to this day---

Act 5:33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.

LA

Danoh

Actually, eating popcorn is one of them - with dirty hands :)

Like when the Lord and the Twelve were found in that cornfield eating with out having washed their hands and it got really hot when their enemies found out and the popcorn started to fly back and forth, lol

ClimateSanity

Actually, eating popcorn is one of them - with dirty hands :)

Like when the Lord and the Twelve were found in that cornfield eating with out having washed their hands and it got really hot when their enemies found out and the popcorn started to fly back and forth, lol

Which goes to show that you cannot obey a law if you don't really understand why it's there or its scope. Jesus did that throughout his ministry. I would like someone who claims to obey all of Jesus' commands to explain why they are there and what the scope of them is.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Repentance is required for conversion (Acts 26:20).

Nope. That's not me either. I never had to go to a synagogue of the Jews to hear the gospel of my salvation. And hear this, the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)not repentance or any other stumbling block you religious trolls try and stick in front of it.

God's Truth

Like I told you BEFORE, this is NOT INSTANT MESSAGING. I am not here 24/7 so COOL OFF on the response time!

I'm not really trying to COMPARE us, but I would say that YOU are the one that is having the humbleness problem. All you do is keep telling us how incredibly obedient YOU are.

I was asked if I was obedient. You do not make righteous judgments about me; glad that what you think of me is not what matters.

But here's your problem....

Why didn't you answer according to the scripture I gave? I have been falsely accused of not giving the commands we are to obey, but when I finally get you to acknowledge one, you ignore it by posting another scripture. So tell me, when did Jesus' words stop being life? Jesus says you cannot enter unless you humble yourself as a little child. Do you agree with what Jesus says? Is what Jesus said irrelevant?
in the dispensation of the grace of God, God is giving grace to everyone IN CHRIST based on HIS obedience. You refuse to accept THAT!
Jesus was obedient and says we must also be obedient.

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.
Rom 5:17-19 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:17) For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) (5:18) Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. (5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

You just refuse to accept this ONE's obedience FOR YOU (and me).

The scripture says many shall be made righteous.
The scripture does not say all will be made righteous.

Our obedience leads us to righteousness see Romans 6:16.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Act 5:29) Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

(Act 5:32) And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

(Act 7:39) To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,

(Rom 2:8) But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

(Rom 6:12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

(Rom 6:16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

(Gal 3:1) O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

(Gal 5:7) Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

(Eph 6:1) Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

(Col 3:20) Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

(Col 3:22) Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:

(2Th 1:8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

(2Th 3:14) And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

(Tit 3:1) Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

(Heb 5:9) And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

(Heb 13:17) Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

(Jas 3:3) Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

(1Pe 3:1) Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

(1Pe 4:17) For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

God's Truth

(Act 5:29) Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

(Act 5:32) And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

(Act 7:39) To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt,

(Rom 2:8) But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

(Rom 6:12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

(Rom 6:16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

(Gal 3:1) O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

(Gal 5:7) Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

(Eph 6:1) Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

(Col 3:20) Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

(Col 3:22) Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:

(2Th 1:8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

(2Th 3:14) And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

(Tit 3:1) Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,

(Heb 5:9) And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

(Heb 13:17) Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

(Jas 3:3) Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

(1Pe 3:1) Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

(1Pe 4:17) For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Excellent scriptures proving we have to obey.

Take a look at this scripture---

1 Corinthians 10:11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

What things happened to them?

3 They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness. 6 Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. 7 Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: “The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.” 8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died.

11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. 12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!

Those people DIED and ARE EXAMPLES to us not to sin.

Right Divider

Body part
I was asked if I was obedient. You do not make righteous judgments about me; glad that what you think of me is not what matters.
You are self-righteous and you remind us of it all the time.

Why didn't you answer according to the scripture I gave? I have been falsely accused of not giving the commands we are to obey, but when I finally get you to acknowledge one, you ignore it by posting another scripture. So tell me, when did Jesus' words stop being life? Jesus says you cannot enter unless you humble yourself as a little child. Do you agree with what Jesus says? Is what Jesus said irrelevant?
You are completely subjective about WHICH of the things that Jesus said should be obeyed.

Jesus was obedient and says we must also be obedient.
Once again, you do NOT understand that God speaks "at sundry times and in divers manners" (Heb 1:1).

John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love.
For the millionth time (at least), you ignore Jesus' own words about the CONTEXT of His visit to HIS people.

The scripture says many shall be made righteous.
The scripture does not say all will be made righteous.
WHO said anything DIFFERENT?

Question: By HOW MANY's obedience shall the MANY be MADE RIGHTEOUS? Answer: ONE

(5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

It's NOT OUR righteousness that saves us, IT'S HIS!

God's Truth

You are self-righteous and you remind us of it all the time.

You are completely subjective about WHICH of the things that Jesus said should be obeyed.

Once again, you do NOT understand that God speaks "at sundry times and in divers manners" (Heb 1:1).

For the millionth time (at least), you ignore Jesus' own words about the CONTEXT of His visit to HIS people.

WHO said anything DIFFERENT?

Question: By HOW MANY's obedience shall the MANY be MADE RIGHTEOUS? Answer: ONE

(5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

It's NOT OUR righteousness that saves us, IT'S HIS!

Many, not all are made righteous.

Those who obey are made righteous.

Those who do not obey will not be made righteous.

We are righteous because we obey the perfect law see Romans 2:13.

We do what is right; therefore, we are righteous see 1 John 3:12.

The righteous requirements of the law are fully met in me and all those saved, those who live according to the Spirit, See Romans 8:4.

We are to offer the parts of our body to Him as instruments of righteousness. Romans 6:13

We are to live a righteous life James 1:20

Righteous for what we do James 2:21, 25

ZacharyB

Most of you have seen several times the 10 or so passages re:
the necessity to "practice righteousness" for salvation!
Of course, I can always post 'em again, if requested to do so.
Meanwhile, just continue enjoyin' your sinnin' unto perdition.