Pro-abortion book aimed at children: "My Sister is a Happy Ghost"

GFR7

I guess children are to be exposed to, and to understand, every aspect of adult liberal society::doh:

.... :think: .................. :nono:

***Actually, the book is entitled, Sister Apple, Sister Pig; by Mary Walling Blackburn.

Pro-abortion book….for CHILDREN???

A book is now out called “My Sister is a Happy Ghost”…I can’t make this cr*p up. The premise of the book obviously to rationalize to a sibling, that the baby is “in a better place”.

I don’t deny that Heaven will be a better place than the cess-pool society in which we live but WHO made us judge, jury and executioner to snuff the life out of a completely innocent person?

A three-year-old named Lee defends the abortion of his sister in a new children’s book – by an author with her own “ghost sister.” “Sister Apple, Sister Pig” by Mary Walling Blackburn focuses on an adult topic: abortion.

The story follows Lee as he (or “she,” as the author stressed) searches for his sister – who might be an apple, a pig, or somewhere in a tree.

Lee later decides “Sister is a happy ghost!” and explicitly says he’s glad Sister isn’t around to inconvenience his parents.
(1)

This is how far down the slippery-slope we have come my friends.

Read more at http://unhyphenatedamerica.org/2015/03/29/pro-abortion-book-for-children/#gskRC7H2MzXiwF6p.99

And from the academic journal, Patheos:

How do you tell your kid that you had an abortion before he was born?

Well, a writer named Mary Walling Blackburn wrote a children’s book called “Sister Apple, Sister Pig” which attempts to do just that. The picture book tells the story of a little boy who is taught that his aborted sister is still around him… as a ghost, an apple, or a pig. (The father cautions him about allowing his sister to be the apple, in case they need to eat her.)

The little aborted baby girl, the child is told, is “happy” because of the abortion. Really, you need to read it (here for free) to get the full gist of the book.

Basically, the son is told his aborted sister is now a “happy ghost” because her death allowed her surviving brother to eat well, to have more time with his mom, and to allow the family more money.
“Does that scare you?” the dad asks the child when he described the dead sister as a ghost. He responds:
Sister-Apple-Sister-Pig-8-.jpg

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/french...ok-about-abortion-my-sister-is-a-happy-ghost/

Last edited:

GFR7

The book's narrative arises from the author's own childhood:

When Mary Walling Blackburn was about 4 years old, her biological father and stepmother told her that her biological mother had aborted a child who would have been her sibling, and if they didn’t pray for her mother, she’d burn in a lake of fire.

When Walling Blackburn's mother found out what her ex-husband and his wife had told her daughter, she was forced to explain that she'd had an abortion. Though Walling Blackburn doesn’t remember the exact moment her mother told her this, she does recall growing up aware of her “ghost sister,” a term she uses in her book Sister Apple, Sister Pig.

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/childrens-abortion-book-author/

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The book's narrative arises from the author's own childhood:

When Mary Walling Blackburn was about 4 years old, her biological father and stepmother told her that her biological mother had aborted a child who would have been her sibling, and if they didn’t pray for her mother, she’d burn in a lake of fire.

When Walling Blackburn's mother found out what her ex-husband and his wife had told her daughter, she was forced to explain that she'd had an abortion. Though Walling Blackburn doesn’t remember the exact moment her mother told her this, she does recall growing up aware of her “ghost sister,” a term she uses in her book Sister Apple, Sister Pig.

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/childrens-abortion-book-author/

:doh: The pinnacle of liberal stupidity.

shagster01

I guess children are to be exposed to, and to understand, every aspect of adult liberal society::doh:

According to your quote, it was the anti-abortionists that decided to involve the 4 year old in the first place. . .

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:think: Soooo....By identifying the previous abortion victim as her "sister", presumably a person, Who is now a "happy ghost".The author is actually acknowledging that the abortion was indeed murdering another person, ostensibly for the good of the rest of the family?

:plain: A human sacrifice; if you will.

Last edited:

1PeaceMaker

That was a really weird way to try to normalize murder.

And to teach a child that a sibling would hurt the family's happiness enough to warrant abortion to avoid feeding or sharing toys with him/her... what a life lesson. :nono:

Lon

It is strange because he recognizes that his sister (a person) was killed for convenience. Every other pro abortion advocate ignores both the fact that it is killing, and the fact that it is a human.

He is advocating murder for convenience. So is every other pro-choice, but he admits it.

:think: Soooo....By identifying the previous abortion victim as his "sister", presumably a person, Who is now a "happy ghost".The author is actually acknowledging that the abortion was indeed murdering another person, ostensibly for the good of the rest of the family?

More than ostensibly, blatantly and clearly by GFR's account.

GFR7

:think: Soooo....By identifying the previous abortion victim as her "sister", presumably a person, Who is now a "happy ghost".The author is actually acknowledging that the abortion was indeed murdering another person, ostensibly for the good of the rest of the family?

Yes.

GFR7

That was a really weird way to try to normalize murder.

And to teach a child that a sibling would hurt the family's happiness enough to warrant abortion to avoid feeding or sharing toys with him/her... what a life lesson. :nono:
Yes, it is a very twisted rationalization.

GFR7

It is strange because he recognizes that his sister (a person) was killed for convenience. Every other pro abortion advocate ignores both the fact that it is killing, and the fact that it is a human.

He is advocating murder for convenience. So is every other pro-choice, but he admits it.

More than ostensibly, blatantly and clearly by GFR's account.
Yes indeed, and thank you.