ECT We are not Israel, but the Body of Christ

Right Divider

Body part
Right, Israel is composed of those who are a new creation in Christ. (Galatians 6:15-16)
Wrong. Israel is a nation that God created on the earth. The body of Christ has its place in heaven.

As you said (but don't seem to understand) the body of Christ is a NEW creation. It is NOT an "Israel", a continuation of Israel, or ANY such thing.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wrong. Israel is a nation that God created on the earth. The body of Christ has its place in heaven.

As you said (but don't seem to understand) the body of Christ is a NEW creation. It is NOT an "Israel", a continuation of Israel, or ANY such thing.

You have obviously never had children. Has the Father cast away His people whom He foreknew? Not a chance. (Jeremiah 33:24)

Right Divider

Body part
You have obviously never had children. Has the Father cast away His people whom He foreknew? Not a chance. (Jeremiah 33:24)
I see that you're not even attempting to support your original claim.

I'm well aware that that God has NOT cast away His people and I don't need to go back that far to know it (Romans 11:1-2).

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm well aware that that God has NOT away His people and I don't need to go back that far to know it (Romans 11:1-2).

Actually, the story goes back before Paul. Jesus was sent to offer God's kingdom to the Jews. Why the Jews? Because Israel is the Father's firstborn.

The offer of the kingdom involved conversion of Jacob's people to God's people through the Holy Spirit. Jesus prayed that his disciples' faith would not fail and when they were converted they would strengthen their brethren. (Luke 22:32)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Is Jesus a member of the elect of Israel?

LA

Interplanner

Is Jesus a member of the elect of Israel?

LA

That's a good question, too, but the main thing is that this RD person is not immersed in Eph 2-3 which was copied to almost all Christian groups Paul had worked with. 3:5-6. The structure (prefix) of the words chosen for the unifiying things there is sun- with, with, with! The believers from both Israel and the nations now enjoy all that Christ fulfilled together!

DavidK

I have a couple of questions.

1. Ultimately, all Israel will be part of the body of Christ, right?

2. What does it mean that if we are in Christ, we are heirs of Abraham according to the promise?

3. My great grandmother was a Jew. Am I a Jew, or Gentile?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The answer is no.

The body of Christ is the Bride of Christ according to the book of Ephesians.

So that in the end of all temporary things, even jesus will be as all the other sons of God--

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

2. What does it mean that if we are in Christ, we are heirs of Abraham according to the promise?

We who are in Christ, who overcome, will inherit the Kingdom of God on earth after Christs return with Abraham.

Mat 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us,(now) that they without us should not be made perfect.(in the future)

It is irrelevant since the death of Christ as far as the Kingdom of God/Heaven is concerned.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Interplanner

All believers are the body of Christ. Don't slip the nation Israel in there. Or the race. It has nothing to do with it.

As for the kingdom on earth, I don't see where that is on this earth in a millenial sense. It is NHNE.

Right Divider

Body part
That's a good question, too, but the main thing is that this RD person is not immersed in Eph 2-3 which was copied to almost all Christian groups Paul had worked with. 3:5-6. The structure (prefix) of the words chosen for the unifiying things there is sun- with, with, with! The believers from both Israel and the nations now enjoy all that Christ fulfilled together!
How very Christian of you!

I agree with the fact that NOW, for the TIME BEING, this is true WITHOUT DISTINCTION in the BODY OF CHRIST.

Your problem is that you think that God has abandoned HIS PEOPLE that He foreknew.

There will come a time when they BOTH enjoy the fulfillment of ALL THINGS, including the restoration of the kingdom of Israel.

Right Divider

Body part

The body of Christ is made up of NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK.

When God restores the kingdom, He will remove all of UNBELIEVING Israel, along with unbelieving Gentiles as well.

God made many promises to Israel. The SINGULAR PROMISE refers to Genesis 12:1-3.

Does it matter today?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
How very Christian of you!

I agree with the fact that NOW, for the TIME BEING, this is true WITHOUT DISTINCTION in the BODY OF CHRIST.

Your problem is that you think that God has abandoned HIS PEOPLE that He foreknew.

There will come a time when they BOTH enjoy the fulfillment of ALL THINGS, including the restoration of the kingdom of Israel.

God divorced the nation of Israel on the grounds of their unfaithfulness, and God forbids remarriage to divorced spouses, so the "putting away" of Israel as a nation is permanent.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God divorced the nation of Israel on the grounds of their unfaithfulness, and God forbids remarriage to divorced spouses...

A former husband may not remarry a woman if she has been married to another man after her divorce from her former husband. (Deuteronomy 24:4)

That injunction does not have jurisdiction over those the Father gives to his Son.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks for the reply.

So when a Jew receives Christ, they are no longer part of Israel, because they have become part of the Body?

If a jew receives Christ, he is still a part of Israel of the flesh, but not of their religion, and becomes part of the elect Israel of God whose names are written in Heaven.

Jesus Christ is the image of His Father, and His Father is not and never was a Jew of the first covenant kind.

All in Christ will be raised from the dead the same as Jesus is.

LA