ECT There is only one Gospel

Nang

TOL Subscriber
MADists hold to a version of the "Exchanged Life theory" . . they claim they were once and forever ontolically changed from sinner to saint. They deny the law of sin remains in their members. They claim a sinlessness equal to Jesus Christ.

They do not realize that justification is forensic (legal) in nature and is the fulfillment of Covenant promise performed by Jesus Christ alone . . accepted by God on behalf of His children . . only because He proved sinless under the Law.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The WHO of Christ is not the WHY of the cross/the gospel of our salvation...

The church of the firstborn :straight: is going in the rapture (Rom. 8:29). :rapture: The church of the unbeliever :reals: and make-believer :banana: isn't.
rollface.gif

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I don't need remission when I have total forgiveness already! Colossians 2:13 KJV Try and actually get the point!

Legally, you have been pardoned of your guilt verdict and death sentence, but God also grants faith and repentance to those for whom He atoned. Why? Because the law of sin remains in your members during the rest of your earthly life.

And the indwelling Holy Spirit convicts and convinces the saints to serve righteousness through thanksgiving and holy living. He grants repentance to turn away from sin. He gives faith, so that saints can comprehend and live sanctified lives.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Have you?
If and when you ever get all of your disobedience in check, how will you serve the LORD?

Repenting from sin is a daily observance. The more time spent studying the Word of God, the more a Christian finds to turn away from. Serving righteousness is an act of faith and is pleasing to God, even if and when we fall into sin.

Such is the sanctified life . . . living according to Romans 7:14-8:17

My faith and hope is in God. I Peter 1:21.

SaulToPaul 2

Repenting from sin is a daily observance. The more time spent studying the Word of God, the more a Christian finds to turn away from. Serving righteousness is an act of faith and is pleasing to God, even if and when we fall into sin.

Such is the sanctified life . . . living according to Romans 7:14-8:17

You spend your whole life repenting from these pesky sins that keep popping up, and never get around to serving the LORD?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You spend your whole life repenting from these pesky sins that keep popping up, and never get around to serving the LORD?

How do you serve God and His righteousness, without being granted repentance from the law of sin that remains in your members? Romans 7:23

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"We are witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him." Acts 5:32

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
MADists hold to a version of the "Exchanged Life theory" . . they claim they were once and forever ontolically changed from sinner to saint. They deny the law of sin remains in their members. They claim a sinlessness equal to Jesus Christ.

It's about time you posted the truth. And it isn't just "MADs". Pate, MAD light like Danho, and sozo come to mind.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you holy in all of your conduct?
Do you slip up?

I believe it in context, not as a proof text for your views. Justification is about our initial coming to Christ when we are declared righteous (legal term) and our past sins are dealt with. At that point of conversion, there are no future sins yet. Reconciliation deals with our past sins....My objection is to think we can persist in sheer rebellion, sin, and disobedience with impunity because non-existent sins have blanket forgiveness just because our past sins were dealt with at justification.