Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Consider one of various passages in Matthew thru John like the following:

Matthew 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 8:4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

He has just instructed that individual to go and have animal sacrifices offered to the LORD, per the Law of the Leper commanded by God TO ISRAEL through Moses, in Lev. 14.

Would you "follow Jesus" in this?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

Just two questions you might consider reflecting on.

Good post

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Consider one of various passages in Matthew thru John like the following:

Matthew 8:1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him. 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 8:4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

He has just instructed that individual to go and have animal sacrifices offered to the LORD, per the Law of the Leper commanded by God TO ISRAEL through Moses, in Lev. 14.

Would you "follow Jesus" in this?

If so, why?

If not, why not?

Just two questions you might consider reflecting on.

Thank you for sharing this. I believe you are thinking of me in this. I don't have an answer for you at this time. But your question cuts right to where I am at.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
She will need to evaluate what you have said here. I have discussed Jesus' word with her in regard to not needing works to earn salvation (basically), and I believe she understand that or if she doesn't (either way) she knows Jesus' word is for her and unto salvation (it is, people are saved by God's word, even Jesus' word (and why not Jesus' word to save you, her, or anyone?). It would be wrong to say that Jesus can't save only Paul can. But it is not wrong to say to repent and believe the gospel or that salvation is by grace through faith and not of works.

Romans 10:17 NASB - 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

James 1:21 NASB - 21 Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls.

Do you have another perspective on these verses or on these things we are talking about, are discussing, or that I have brought up or said?

James was written to the scattered sheep of Israel, not to the Gentiles/Body of Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
James was written to the scattered sheep of Israel, not to the Gentiles/Body of Christ.
The gospel was for Jew first, and also for or to the Greek. This is what Paul said. Romans 1:16 NASB.

The body of Christ was not first Gentile. It is also not solely Gentile. In fact, it is either for Jew and Greek or Gentile, or it is for the church and not those who live like Gentiles.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Some might think He was just identifying what someone else said. Quoting their words back. But I believe these are Jesus' words. The point is that Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. But that He also reached out beyond this or spoke with others who were not of the house of Israel for the purpose of that which was.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul preached the Grace Gospel to the Gentiles, while Peter and the rest preached the Kingdom Gospel to the House of Israel. There were two Gospels being preached at that period of time.
Peter preached to Gentiles before Paul, and both Peter and Paul preached to Jews first.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christ was ONLY speaking to the House of Israel in Matthew through John. The ascended Christ gave Paul the "Grace Gospel" to preach to the Gentiles. Today, the Grace Gospel is for Jew and Gentile alike.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Christ was ONLY speaking to the House of Israel in Matthew through John. The ascended Christ gave Paul the "Grace Gospel" to preach to the Gentiles. Today, the Grace Gospel is for Jew and Gentile alike.
The gospel was to Jew first, and Jews have always been saved the same way we know Gentiles are, by grace through faith.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Please give me some Scriptures that state that Peter preached the Grace Gospel to Gentiles?

Salvation is by grace through faith. It always has been and always will be.

Jews came to salvation on Shavuot shortly after Yeshua's (Jesus') ascension to the right hand of the Father (God). When Peter preached to the Gentiles, the Spirit was poured out on them as well. At what point did Paul turn to the Gentiles, and at what point did Paul go to the Gentiles (where he still preached to Jews first) and Peter was to the circumcised. There was Paul and what He learned from Jesus. And there was Peter and Paul and what they learned from each other. Paul explained something to Peter when he was in the wrong, or even in what appeared to be wrong (appearances are everything, and likely this was right judgment (though the way things appear is as important as the way things are even in your heart and mind in what you intend to do or in what you are doing or in what you are actually doing whatever your motive).