Jesus Christ is God's Predestinated, Elected Man

Robert Pate

Banned
As I noted in my response that has been given many times, you are unwilling to be open to correction, so you just continue to ask for answers already given. That may satisfy your intellectual laziness, but it does not obviate the plain fact that you have your answer. :AMR:

AMR

You have no scripture that refutes the Gospel because there is no scripture that refutes the Gospel.

Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Predestination is a false Gospel and a false doctrine.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As I noted in my response that has been given many times, you are unwilling to be open to correction, so you just continue to ask for answers already given. That may satisfy your intellectual laziness, but it does not obviate the plain fact that you have your answer. :AMR:

AMR

You have no scripture that refutes the Gospel because there is no scripture that refutes the Gospel.

Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Like I said. You ask, are answered. You ignore the answer. You do not engage substantively. You simply wave off the answer and repeat yourself. Such is the man, Robert Pate.

AMR

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'll be back a little later tonight. All you angry Calvinists will
have to wait for my replies. Until then, feel free to try and match
me, with your best form of "verbal fisticuffs."
No battle intended in my answers, GM. I am always willing to stand still and substantively answer sincere questions if I am able to do so. Are you?

AMR

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By the way AMR, you didn't answer my questionnaire above? Any
particular reason? Or, you just don't feel like it pal?
You posted this taunt nine minutes after your questions were posted. Do you think important questions should be answered without some consideration? My response appeared nineteen minutes after your questions were posted.

Being flippant about weighty matters may earn you some cred with the mob, but if you want serious answers to serious questions you will need to muster more fear and trembling about God's special revelation to us all.

AMR

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, this is the ordinary means by which God's children are brought into His kingdom.

Yes. One will only admit their sinful state when so given a new heart and thus be morally able to hear and do so (Eze. 36:26).

Yes. All believers are such and will persevere to their ultimate glorification.

Water baptism is the sign of the thing signified. The thing signified requires no water.

The righteousness of Our Lord is imputed (declared) to them. There is no infusion of righteousness, as the Romanist will claim, at the moment of one's re-birth. Our righteousness is that of Another, Our Lord. Our is an alien righteousness. During their walk of faith the believers will, via access to the means of grace of Word and Sacrament, become more and more righteous.

Indeed.

Indeed.

All good questions, brother, that no Reformed believer would hesitate to answer. Calvinists, too. ;)

All Reformed are Calvinists.
Not all Calvinists are Reformed.

AMR

Then, we're in agreement?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
May I, Gros? I think I can answer pretty well from the Calvinist POV.

Yes, but only after one of the elect's time has come to be quickened to spiritual life and thus enabled to do so.

I think most Reformed would say that this is so, in terms of the Lordship Salvation "gospel" which requires repentance [defined as 'stopping sin'] as a condition of being saved.

That, I believe, is what enables the "dead" elect to believe per #1.

See #3, though some Reformed believe this or that water rite is necessary.

Not exactly. God's will and decrees are unthwartable. Having been elected by His will and decree, the elect (whoever they are, no one knows) are as good as "in Christ" all the way back when they were elected in eternity past. They were as good as saved then, so they're as good as saved even before they "believe."

Yes...if they were actually elected and aren't tares/reprobates whose professed faith in Christ doesn't turn out to have been false.

No. God will not lose any who He predestined and elected to eternal life BUT they must persevere unto the end in faith and not fall away to prove that they were elect to begin with.

Got it Brother.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You posted this taunt nine minutes after your questions were posted. Do you think important questions should be answered without some consideration? My response appeared nineteen minutes after your questions were posted.

Being flippant about weighty matters may earn you some cred with the mob, but if you want serious answers to serious questions you will need to muster more fear and trembling about God's special revelation to us all.

AMR

Usually, Calvinists refuse to answer such "meaty" questions. That has been my experience.
Over the years, I have found Calvinists to be, angry, arrogant, feeling superior, refusing to answer questions, and again, arrogant.

At least you're the first one that made an attempt to answer my questions. You have my respect, so far as that goes. Feel free to ask whatever questions you have for me.

musterion

you will need to muster more fear and trembling about God's special revelation to us all.

AMR

Which special revelation would that be? Grosnick takes the Bible very seriously. Are you referring to reformed doctrine specifically?

I still have your last reply saved on my desktop, haven't gotten around to writing on it yet.

beloved57

Before the foundation of the world God elected Jesus to be the savior of the whole world, 1 John 4:14 also Psalm 2:7,8.

Jesus refered to himself as the..."Son of Man" in doing this he identifies himself with humanity. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity and representative, 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Jesus is the Son of David, the Son of Abraham, Matthew 1:1. The chosen one of God, Luke 9:23. He is God's elect man. The voice from heaven said, "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased" Matthew 3:17. In doing this God affirmed Jesus's election.

Jesus is humanities representative. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus does, he does for us, in our name and on our behalf. In our name and on our behalf he offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to God's Holy Law. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

"For he has made him (Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus as our representative, takes our sins upon himself and in return gives us his righteousness. It is because of the doing and the dying of Jesus that God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. ALL THINGS have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:21. God is now at peace with the world because of Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20.

This is the age of grace and faith. All who believe in Jesus can now become a part of God's new humanity, 2 Corinthians 5:17. God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man. The call now is to enter into God's new humanity through his Son Jesus Christ, who is God's predestinated elected savior. Paul said, "Be ye reconciled unto God" 2 Corinthians 5:19 This means to accept what God has done for you in Jesus Christ and be reconciled unto God.

You teach that Jesus Christ death alone failed to save them He died for. You teach that millions upon millions for whom sins He died, still wind up lost in their sins in unbelief !

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which special revelation would that be? Grosnick takes the Bible very seriously. Are you referring to reformed doctrine specifically?

I still have your last reply saved on my desktop, haven't gotten around to writing on it yet.
God's special revelation to us all is the Scripture.

AMR

Last edited:

Samie

God predestined all to be "in Christ" (Eph 1:3-5). And He did it when the fullness of time has come (Gal 4:4). But only overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life (Rev 3:5).

Robert Pate

Banned
God's special revelation to us all is the Scripture.

AMR

You have to believe that there is something seriously wrong with the Bible.

How do you justify all of the scriptures that say "All" "Anyone" "Everyone" "Whosoever" that hears and believes the Gospel shall be saved, Romans 10:13.

There is not one scripture in the whole Bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell.

Samie

Ephesians 1:3-10 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved. 7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth -- in Him.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There is not one scripture in the whole Bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell.

You ever heard of something called 'deductive reasoning'?

You should try it sometime.

43e51866103b5609cb9d5c81227da061.jpg