retiring from evangelism

musterion

I am not sure we are able to make judgements on the sincerity of belief;

Sincerity is irrelevant. Sincerely believing that which is wrong cuts no ice with God.

If you are Catholic, you align (whether you know it or not) with Trent's condemnation of the Gospel of the grace of God and all who believe it. You have one gospel, we have another. Contradictory gospels can't both save. So one of us is wrong, or both of us are and a third party is correct, but we can't both be right and at least one of us is headed for the Lake of Fire.

There's no 'deeper understanding' to be had here. It's as simple as that.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
evangelim/"euaggelion" means, “gospel” or “good news."

Why so sad? You've been "preaching"(loosely employed here)bad news, not good news, ever since you road into TOL/Dodge, Annie Oakley, so you cannot be giving up anything, wasting energy, or retiring.

Just retire that stupid hat.

Good day to you, sir.

Good news is that God's kingdom is available for everyone who strives to be loving like Jesus.

good day to you sir.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Blessings Meshak! I have the same feelings.

I am so fit that I could go on at least 10 more years. But so many things happened in last few years. And it seems it sapped all my mental energy up.

I could go on if someone share workload for evangelism with me but no one is willing. It is hard work especially if you are doing it alone. I could do it by myself because I had passion for Jesus.

I am taking it is sign from God to retire.

I found some other way to serve God.:)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Evangelism is good news, spreading God and Jesus' love to everyone.

Jesus was sent to preach love to the world.

God and Jesus' main message; "love God and love one another".

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Evangelism:

"Go therefor make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you" Jesus.

Go back to the very basic of Christianity, everyone.

blessings.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is so sad that people who are trying so hard to stop Jesus' followers who are spreading Jesus' love to the world by saying they are cults and non-believers.

they don't even realize they are working against God and Jesus.

Good thing is that this kind of mocking and slandering will not weaken my faith in God and Jesus.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Evangelism:

"Go therefor make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you" Jesus.

Go back to the very basic of Christianity, everyone.

blessings.
We're in the but now! Romans 3:21-22 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
It is so sad that people who are trying so hard to stop Jesus' followers who are spreading Jesus' love to the world by saying they are cults and non-believers.

they don't even realize they are working against God and Jesus.

Good thing is that this kind of mocking and slandering will not weaken my faith in God and Jesus.
You are the one working against God (and Jesus is God!)!

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

john w

Hall of Fame
I am not sure we are able to make judgements on the sincerity of belief; of those who belong to a different denomination to ourselves.

Only Christ can judge, we cannot judge in the same way as Christ

1.You just made a judgment, "I am not sure we are able to make judgements on the sincerity of belief," and thus sawed off the branch, on which you were(past tense) sitting.

Now, sit in the back row.

Dig?

2. " we cannot judge in the same way as Christ"

Made up. To wit:

1 Corinthians 2:15-16 KJV

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Sit further back, near the exit sign....

meshak

BANNED
Banned
1.You just made a judgment, that it is wrong to judge, and thus sawed off the branch, on which you were(past tense) sitting.

Now, sit in the back row.

Dig?

1 Corinthians 2:15 KJV

But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Sit further back, near the exit sign....

God gives us discernment of judgment. Some judges wickedly and some righteously.

God will judge who is judging righteously.

blessings.

PureX

I have been visiting Okinawa for evangelism ever since I became Jesus' servant.

I never thought this will come but it did: I don't have mental energy to go there anymore for evangelism.

I went there by myself except one time my daughter came along.

It was not vacation because it was only three weeks every year. It was strictly serving my old neighborhood where I grew up.

This summer, my daughter is coming with me because she wants to enjoy Okinawa.

It will be strictly for vacation this time.

I hope God will grant my luxurious time with my daughter. It will be only a ten days.

It has been heavily in my heart for several months that I don't have much mental energy any more.

thank you.
I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful time, there. :up:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful time, there. :up:

Thank you, I will be hosting her this time which I did not last time.

she was still in high school and helped my evangelism. Now she finished college and working as school teacher.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I have been visiting Okinawa for evangelism ever since I became Jesus' servant.

I never thought this will come but it did: I don't have mental energy to go there anymore for evangelism.

I went there by myself except one time my daughter came along.

It was not vacation because it was only three weeks every year. It was strictly serving my old neighborhood where I grew up.

This summer, my daughter is coming with me because she wants to enjoy Okinawa.

It will be strictly for vacation this time.

I hope God will grant my luxurious time with my daughter. It will be only a ten days.

It has been heavily in my heart for several months that I don't have much mental energy any more.

thank you.
Hope you enjoy your trip, meshak. And who knows, maybe you will have opportunities to evangelize without even looking for them. :wave2:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hope you enjoy your trip, meshak. And who knows, maybe you will have opportunities to evangelize without even looking for them. :wave2:

It is hard to talk to adults because many times the way we talk can be annoying to most people.

My evangelism in Okinawa was mainly to school children who are interested in God and Jesus. Most of them are open.

I did it after school hours.