ECT Why is Jesus called the second Adam or last Adam?

Cross Reference

For Livelystone any other as him:

Experience or revelation

We have received … the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 1 Cor. 2:12.

Reality is Redemption, not my experience of Redemption; but Redemption has no meaning for me until it speaks the language of my conscious life. When I am born again, the Spirit of God takes me right out of myself and my experiences, and identifies me with Jesus Christ. If I am left with my experiences, my experiences have not been produced by Redemption. The proof that they are produced by Redemption is that I am led out of myself all the time; I no longer pay any attention to my experiences as the ground of Reality, but only to the Reality which produced the experiences. My experiences are not worth anything unless they keep me at the Source, Jesus Christ.

If you try to dam up the Holy Spirit in you to produce subjective experiences, you will find that He will burst all bounds and take you back again to the historic Christ. Never nourish an experience which has not God as its Source, and faith in God as its result. If you do, your experience is anti-Christian, no matter what visions you may have had. Is Jesus Christ Lord of your experiences, or do you try to lord it over Him? Is any experience dearer to you than your Lord? He must be Lord over you, and you must not pay attention to any experience over which He is not Lord. There comes a time when God will make you impatient with your own experience—‘I do not care what I experience; I am sure of Him.’

Be ruthless with yourself if you are given to talking about the experiences you have had. Faith that is sure of itself is not faith; ___ faith that is sure of God is the only faith there is.*

Galatians 2:20 (KJV 1900)
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God. . . ."Paul

*Chambers, O. (1986). My utmost for his highest: Selections for the year. Grand Rapids, MI: Oswald Chambers Publications; Marshall Pickering.

Livelystone

For Livelystone any other as him:

Experience or revelation

We have received … the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 1 Cor. 2:12.

Reality is Redemption, not my experience of Redemption; but Redemption has no meaning for me until it speaks the language of my conscious life. When I am born again, the Spirit of God takes me right out of myself and my experiences, and identifies me with Jesus Christ. If I am left with my experiences, my experiences have not been produced by Redemption. The proof that they are produced by Redemption is that I am led out of myself all the time; I no longer pay any attention to my experiences as the ground of Reality, but only to the Reality which produced the experiences. My experiences are not worth anything unless they keep me at the Source, Jesus Christ.

If you try to dam up the Holy Spirit in you to produce subjective experiences, you will find that He will burst all bounds and take you back again to the historic Christ. Never nourish an experience which has not God as its Source, and faith in God as its result. If you do, your experience is anti-Christian, no matter what visions you may have had. Is Jesus Christ Lord of your experiences, or do you try to lord it over Him? Is any experience dearer to you than your Lord? He must be Lord over you, and you must not pay attention to any experience over which He is not Lord. There comes a time when God will make you impatient with your own experience—‘I do not care what I experience; I am sure of Him.’

Be ruthless with yourself if you are given to talking about the experiences you have had. Faith that is sure of itself is not faith; ___ faith that is sure of God is the only faith there is.*

Galatians 2:20 (KJV 1900)
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God. . . ."Paul

*Chambers, O. (1986). My utmost for his highest: Selections for the year. Grand Rapids, MI: Oswald Chambers Publications; Marshall Pickering.

If Christ was living in you He would be working through you....... but He is not

Why?......... because of all of your false beliefs

Livelystone

CR, I know you love the Lord

It is not about whether you do or do not. It is about what you believe about Him that is the same as every other church crying out to God who remains silent to their prayers.

Because the truth is no longer being heard in the praise coming from the lips of those in most organized and denominational gatherings, God has turned His back on the church that He now likens to Babylon

And is why He tells his people to get out of Babylon

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is not about whether you do or do not. It is about what you believe about Him that is the same as every other church crying out to God who remains silent to their prayers.

Because the truth is no longer being heard in the praise coming from the lips of those in most organized and denominational gatherings, God has turned His back on the church that He now likens to Babylon

And is why He tells his people to get out of Babylon

Rubbish.

You do not know most organized and denominational gatherings.

If you claim God has turned His back on them then you admit they were once Gods own.

Most of your stuff is crap from the spiritualists where you began.

LA

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

1 Corinthians 15:45-49 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man [is the Lord] from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

"Is the Lord" is not in any of the text and should be omitted! Rather it is about man and our flesh bodies that will return to dust while our spiritual/heavenly bodies return to Him.
Not sure which "text" you are referring to, but .....

Nestle GNT 1904
ὁ πρῶτος ἄνθρωπος ἐκ γῆς χοϊκός, ὁ δεύτερος ἄνθρωπος ἐξ οὐρανοῦ.
Westcott and Hort 1881

Westcott and Hort / [NA27 variants]

RP Byzantine Majority Text 2005
Ὁ πρῶτος ἄνθρωπος ἐκ γῆς, χοϊκός· ὁ δεύτερος ἄνθρωπος ὁ κύριος ἐξ οὐρανοῦ.

Greek Orthodox Church 1904
ὁ πρῶτος ἄνθρωπος ἐκ γῆς χοϊκός, ὁ δεύτερος ἄνθρωπος ὁ Κύριος ἐξ οὐρανοῦ.

Tischendorf 8th Edition

Scrivener's Textus Receptus 1894
ὁ πρῶτος ἄνθρωπος ἐκ γῆς χοϊκός ὁ δεύτερος ἄνθρωπος ὁ Κύριος ἐξ οὐρανοῦ.

Stephanus Textus Receptus 1550
ὁ πρῶτος ἄνθρωπος ἐκ γῆς χοϊκός ὁ δεύτερος ἄνθρωπος ὁ Κύριος ἐξ οὐρανοῦ

Cross Reference

If Christ was living in you He would be working through you....... but He is not

Why?......... because of all of your false beliefs

And you know for a surety __ without ever questioning your subjective experiences that you have seen fit to build upon, your own doctrine??

Cross Reference

CR, I know you love the Lord

What you cannot seem to understand is that because I do believe "about" Him that I seek to "know" Him. Jesus explained Him with His Life. How many times must I post this verse before you catch on that it is my ambition:

John 17:3 (KJV 1900)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

. . . and you are correct when you say "Churchiness" won't take you there. BTW, What church did you attend or have ever you ever attended any?

Last edited:

Livelystone

Rubbish.

You do not know most organized and denominational gatherings.

You are an idiot,

The main denominations that cover the majority of Christians in this country are easily known by anyone who wants to learn of a place to worship at......... and 99% of all Christian beliefs can be found online

Personally I have physically attended gatherings that cover all of the mainstream beliefs

If you claim God has turned His back on them then you admit they were once Gods own.

So were the jews who God divorced

Why do you think Paul worried he might end up a castaway"

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

It is not just that your doctrines are messed up, but, because you have little or no reading comprehension skills, your ignorance on the things of God continues unchecked !!!

In the end, you are a waste of time

Last edited:

oatmeal

While keeping in mind both Adam and Jesus are the son's of God, both coming on the scene by the direct Hand of God i.e., innocent, one by creation while the other by procreation: What does the life of Adam have to do with the life of Jesus that He had to be born of Adam's race? Conversely, what was there about Jesus that He had to be born of Adam's race that was purposed for Adam that, Adam failed to perform? What was accomplished by Jesus being sent into the "world" for 3 1/2 years before it could be said He accomplished it after having already lived 30 prior years upon Earth but, mostly in obscurity? Why the need for the great appearing of Him to society to only end in His death anyway?

Adam was the first beginning for mankind.

Jesus Christ is the second beginning for mankind

There will not be a third Adam. Romans 5:14 Acts 3:22-23

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The only new beginning for people is Jesus Christ

Cross Reference

Because he is.

Let me help you [I could have written it better]:

1. What does the life of Adam have to do with the life of Jesus that Jesus had to be born of Adam's race? Make the comparison between the two without the usual giving "life giving, spirit giving " reference..

2. What was there about Jesus that He had to be born of Adam's race?

3. What was accomplished by Jesus by being sent into the "world" for 3 1/2 years after having already lived 30 yrs before being sent?

4. Why the need for the great appearing of Him to "His own" [world] for it end in His death?

Livelystone

1. What does the life of Adam have to do with the life of Jesus that Jesus had to be born of Adam's race? Make the comparison between the two without the usual giving "life giving, spirit giving " reference..

3. What was accomplished by Jesus by being sent into the "world" for 3 1/2 years after having already lived 30 yrs before being sent?

4. Why the need for the great appearing of Him to "His own" [world] for it end in His death?

God gave a commandment to Adam to be fruitful, have dominion, etc., while Adam was still in a state of righteousness. However, Adam did not do the above until after he had sinned and was no longer righteous. Consequently, God had issued a commandment that still needed to have its purpose fulfilled

Therefore, Jesus having lived and died righteous, was able to present Himself to God as the first-fruit of righteousness for the wave offering with the omer of barley seeds required of the High Priest on the day of His physical resurrection.

Not only did Jesus live, die and was resurrected righteous, He is now being fruitful and gaining dominion through those who are yielding to the truth, therefore multiplying, and bringing forth others in His Image and Likeness as God had originally decreed before the creation of man

I will be surprised if this gets your support (But I would rather be wrong about not believing you to being able to grasp this)

Cross Reference

God gave a commandment to Adam to be fruitful, have dominion, etc., while Adam was still in a state of righteousness.

Wrong! Breaking a commandment carries a penalty with it. What was the penalty associated with it had having sex been a command? Penalty notwithstanding, when, did Adam EVER disobey by NOT having sex before he transgressed?

Therefore, you need rethink the remainder of your post.

You really don't make sense when reasoning out the issues.

Livelystone

Wrong! Breaking a commandment carries a penalty with it. What was the penalty associated with it had having sex been a command? Penalty notwithstanding, when, did Adam EVER disobey by NOT having sex before he transgressed?

Therefore, you need rethink the remainder of your post.

You really don't make sense when reasoning out the issues.

About what I figured you were capable of coming up with

You really are clueless

PS How do you know they did not have sex?

No Babies are not proof of not having sex

oatmeal

For man to be redeemed, a price had to be paid.

the first man, Adam, sinned.

The second Adam had to do rightly what the first Adam failed to do. That is, complete obedience to God regardless of the severity and intensity of temptation not to do so.

Jesus Christ succeeded where the first Adam failed.

Only a man could rightfully and legally redeem mankind.

God's plan of redemption is completely and perfectly just and legal and equitable to Himself, to man and to the Devil.

He did not "shoot first and ask questions later" He did not use an atomic bomb to rid a house of mice.

He had a son, a man, who did what Adam failed to do. In doing so, Jesus Christ redeemed mankind from the condemnation of sin.

Cross Reference

For man to be redeemed, a price had to be paid.

the first man, Adam, sinned.

The second Adam had to do rightly what the first Adam failed to do. That is, complete obedience to God regardless of the severity and intensity of temptation not to do so.

Jesus Christ succeeded where the first Adam failed.

Only a man could rightfully and legally redeem mankind.

God's plan of redemption is completely and perfectly just and legal and equitable to Himself, to man and to the Devil.

He did not "shoot first and ask questions later" He did not use an atomic bomb to rid a house of mice.

He had a son, a man, who did what Adam failed to do. In doing so, Jesus Christ redeemed mankind from the condemnation of sin.

Good! I felt like I was reading myself.

New questions re Redemption:

1. How has God rewarded the man Jesus Who did all that?

2. Who did He do it all for? Man, God, Himself, who?

3. What are the reasons?