The real book on Christianity.

Mickiel

There are endless scriptures that show God supported Israel , there are absolutely none that show him supporting Christianity. If any of you Christians disagree with this, then lets have the scriptures.

God never mentions Christianity, neither does Christ. Neither of them are Christians, the Holy Spirit is not a Christian. No angels are Christians. No prophets are Christians. The bible never magnifies Christianity; so what makes it right when Christians magnify Christianity?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
vessels of 'God'.......

vessels of 'God'.......

The largest growing religious group in America are " The Nones", those who answer " None as their religion."

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/11/03/u-s-public-becoming-less-religious/

Don't forget the "spiritual but not religious" folks - :p

I'm sure many who say "none" as in no particular religious affiliation might consider themselves 'spiritual' anyways. The trend seems to be many leaving larger authoritarian religious institutions, (although some find comfort in them) as not being potent or vital enough to apply to them in any way, or the living spirit has all but left a dry/stale religious ritual which no longer has appeal. But such is the tendency of 'organized religion' to a degree, depending on how such structures conduct their business, whether they are truly serving the whole person and community. I say the infinite Spirit can use organizations/communities, but is by its omnipresence ever active in all creation, since nothing can exist outside of the infinite.

Mickiel

I found myself to be a member of " The None's", if I was asked which religion I am in, I would say none.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
"I Am"

"I Am"

Well I don't know God, so I have to walk alone.

Appreciate your honesty. Some do claim to know 'God', which must be a subjective claim by 'faith' or by some 'relationship', but its still subject to some 'criteria' by which such 'knowledge' is proved, and at last this must be by 'personal experience'. One can know many 'concepts' or 'information' about 'God',...but how does one actually KNOW? - we are back to issues of epistemology, faith, philosophy, reason, etc. Beyond all this, there is one thing we do know from moment to moment, the reality of our existence, or taken further.....Existence Itself :)

I hope he is involved in my life at some level; I can only hope in that.

If 'God' is really omnipresent, then there is no way you could be separate from 'God', and if we hold to the truth of omnipresence, assuming it is so, then your 'belief' or 'perception' of being 'seperate' is erroneous. If we assume the 3 Omni's of classical theism,....'God' is omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent on the absolute level of his Godhood, whether or not we can conceptualize these attributes as being 'modified' in the worlds of space and time. As a mystic, I like to consider "there is nowhere where God is not", "no place empty of Him", "closer than hands and feet" :) Or we can take it to a more fuller consideration that God is All There IS (as pure Spirit-Energy-Consciousness). If God is the one absolute reality, the First Source and Center of all....then nothing can exist outside of Him, neither independent of Him.

But I certainly do believe that we need his guidance; now IF one is receiving that, I cannot say.

Plenty of scritpures and religious writings claim that if we ask God for divine guidance (or wisdom), in full faith,...we shall receive what we ask for. How does God guide us? Well He couldn't without his own presence or creative direction. - also consider the 'God' that dwells within your own mind and body. God is not limited by space or matter. God is INFINITE. Our body is the temple of God. - So where is God? If God guides us, by some spiritual presence within, it is by some intuitive faculty within the soul by which he directs, is that not reasonable to assume? Spirit can also inspire reason, logic, conscience, imagination, vision, seeing and knowing.

I can only speak for myself. I don't know how much God is involved in my life, IF he is.

I'd encourage a greater exploration of the infinite, and your own 'being' and 'consciousness' that cannot exist outside of or separate from what is infinite.

Injoy!

Mickiel

I'd encourage a greater exploration of the infinite, and your own 'being' and 'consciousness' that cannot exist outside of or separate from what is infinite.

Injoy!

I see that quite differing; at a time, the unborn child and its mother exist in the same body, then after birth they are separate in a physical sense, but always joined at other levels. I think our experience with God is a reverse of this. We are actually born separate from him, but with the destiny to one day be joined with him. In fact, In my view, all the troubles that exist in the world , are a result of being separate from God; sin exist because we are separate from him. So I do not accept that we cannot be separate from what is infinite. Finite is naturally separate from infinite.

iamaberean

Well I don't know God, so I have to walk alone. I hope he is involved in my life at some level; I can only hope in that. But I certainly do believe that we need his guidance; now IF one is receiving that, I cannot say. I can only speak for myself. I don't know how much God is involved in my life, IF he is.

Do you know it only takes faith the size of a mustard seed to believe in God.
Try talking to God (Jesus) using your faith. He already knows about you so ask him for something. Not money, prestige or any thing in this world. Ask him to save you. Knowing Jesus, as I do, you will get a response within a short period of time. My response from Jesus came as I was reading his word just a few days later.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
We have all been born spiritually dead, but we can still believe.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Once we believe we start our journey to heaven and ever lasting life with Jesus.
I remember hearing a story about a young woman who lost her mother at an early age. She found herself depressed and while in her car all alone, she started crying and cursing God, blaming him for all the hurt in her life. He spoke to her in a voice she clearly heard, telling her that he could feel her grief. She then asked, "How come you never spoke to me before?" and he said "Because, you have never spoken to me." Really happen? I don't know, but that is the way God works.

Mickiel

Do you know it only takes faith the size of a mustard seed to believe in God.
Try talking to God (Jesus) using your faith. He already knows about you so ask him for something. Not money, prestige or any thing in this world. Ask him to save you. Knowing Jesus, as I do, you will get a response within a short period of time. My response from Jesus came as I was reading his word just a few days later.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
We have all been born spiritually dead, but we can still believe.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Once we believe we start our journey to heaven and ever lasting life with Jesus.
I remember hearing a story about a young woman who lost her mother at an early age. She found herself depressed and while in her car all alone, she started crying and cursing God, blaming him for all the hurt in her life. He spoke to her in a voice she clearly heard, telling her that he could feel her grief. She then asked, "How come you never spoke to me before?" and he said "Because, you have never spoken to me." Really happen? I don't know, but that is the way God works.

In your prejudgment of me, I am not saved; in my study of scripture, I am saved. Now, I have no faith, so when I talk to God, faith is not in the picture. And I do talk to him from time to time, as to if he listens, I cannot say; I don't know. As far as " Getting a response from God"; I don't believe that can be manipulated.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
nope

i got your number

you're a lone ranger who thinks they don't need anybody else's interpretation to find the path

disregarding, of course, that what you're using (scripture) is a construct of religious leaders over the years - what you think are your interpretations are based on somebody elses

but you're blind to this

Mickiel

nope

i got your number

you're a lone ranger who thinks they don't need anybody else's interpretation to find the path

That's right, I am a lone ranger, and I don't want religion getting between me and God. I don't want Christianity in my head, because I can see what it has done to the consciousness of others. And I don't like what it has done.

Mickiel

The real book on Christianity is that spiritually, they began to fall apart less than 300 years after Christ left.