ECT Why is Jesus called the second Adam or last Adam?

Cross Reference

While keeping in mind both Adam and Jesus are the son's of God, both coming on the scene by the direct Hand of God i.e., innocent, one by creation while the other by procreation: What does the life of Adam have to do with the life of Jesus that He had to be born of Adam's race? Conversely, what was there about Jesus that He had to be born of Adam's race that was purposed for Adam that, Adam failed to perform? What was accomplished by Jesus being sent into the "world" for 3 1/2 years before it could be said He accomplished it after having already lived 30 prior years upon Earth but, mostly in obscurity? Why the need for the great appearing of Him to society to only end in His death anyway?

Addendum: Lucifer, was created innocent and blameless by God as well and in addition, was perfect in his ways from the day that he was created, till iniquity was found in him. Ezekiel 28:15 (KJV)

Question: How do you believe the change in him came about?

Last edited:

Sheila B

Conversely, what was there about Jesus that He had to be born of Adam's race that was purposed for Adam that, Adam failed to perform?

Adam was cast out of the Garden and was no longer found worthy to give Thanks to God.
A new Adam had to come that would be found worthy to give Thanks.

No one in heaven and on earth and under the earth was found worthy...

Eucharistia= Thanksgiving!

Cross Reference

Adam was cast out of the Garden and was no longer found worthy to give Thanks to God.
A new Adam had to come that would be found worthy to give Thanks.

No one in heaven and on earth and under the earth was found worthy...

Eucharistia= Thanksgiving!

You received none of that from scripture. It is fortunate for us you didn't.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why is Jesus called the second Adam or last Adam?

The first Adam had the ability to impart physical life and the last Adam has the ability to impart eternal life.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You received none of that from scripture. It is fortunate for us you didn't.

And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look at it. So I wept much because no one was found worthy to open and read the scroll or to look at it. (Revelation 5:3-4 NKJV)​

Cross Reference

IST ADAM BROUGHT DEATH

2ND ADAM BROUGHT LIFE ETERNAL

Here is what the scriptures say:

"Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became [was made] a living being”; the last Adam became [was made]a life-giving spirit." 1 Corinthians 15:45 (ESV)

Want to revise you declaration? Notice: each of them "BECAME", "WAS MADE" something. In other words, neither of them were, from the outset, what they "became".

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Our Lord was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second person of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused. Apopathically speaking, the union of the divine and human natures is not:

1. a denial that Christ was truly God (Ebionites, Elkasites, Arians);
2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
3. a denial that Christ had a genuine human soul (Apollinarians);
4. a denial of a distinct person in the Trinity (Dynamic Monarchianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
7. two distinct persons (Nestorianism);
8. a denial of the true humanity of Christ (docetism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that Jesus existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

AMR

Letsargue

While keeping in mind both Adam and Jesus are the son's of God, both coming on the scene by the direct Hand of God i.e., innocent, one by creation while the other by procreation: What does the life of Adam have to do with the life of Jesus that He had to be born of Adam's race? Conversely, what was there about Jesus that He had to be born of Adam's race that was purposed for Adam that, Adam failed to perform? What was accomplished by Jesus being sent into the "world" for 3 1/2 years before it could be said He accomplished it after having already lived 30 prior years upon Earth but, mostly in obscurity? Why the need for the great appearing of Him to society to only end in His death anyway?

That's NOT What He Said!!

He said the ( Second "MAN" ) Adam; - SAME Adam, but Different MAN.
The Son of God, the First MAN WAS IN the Garden. - There is Not but One "Only begotten Son of God" and that IS ADAM // JESUS!!! -- He was in the Garden AND HE Is in the New Kingdom of God, the New Earth, now eating off the Tree of Life!! -- Read it!!

Paul 020115

Letsargue

Our Lord was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union whereby the second person of the Trinity assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused. Apopathically speaking, the union of the divine and human natures is not:

2. a dissimilar or different substance (anomoios) with the Father (semi-Arianism);
5. God acting merely in the forms of the Son and Spirit (Modalistic Monarchianism/Sabellianism/United Pentecostal Church);
6. a mixture or change when the two natures were united (Eutychianism/Monophysitism);
9. a view that God the Son laid aside all or some of His divine attributes (kenoticism);
10. a view that there was a communication of the attributes between the divine and human natures (Lutheranism, with respect to the Lord's Supper); and
11. a view that Jesus existed independently as a human before God entered His body (Adoptionism).

AMR

(( OOOHHH ME!!! ))!!!

Paul 020115

Livelystone

Does "last Adam" mean there will not be another Adam, or another new man? Or, does it simply mean Jesus was the last Adam of the two already formed by a Creator who historically has completed His work in "threes"

Eph.2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Cross Reference

AMR

Good! It is nice to know what religion believes what, isn't it AMR? Thank you. I find it makes it interesting in wondering how they come to their conclusions upon their study of the scriptures.

Cross Reference

Does "last Adam" mean there will not be another Adam, or another new man? Or, does it simply mean Jesus was the last Adam of the two already formed by a Creator who historically has completed His work in "threes"

Eph.2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

How 'bout the "second Adam", what does that title imply?

Cross Reference

That's NOT What He Said!!

He said the ( Second "MAN" ) Adam; - SAME Adam, but Different MAN.
The Son of God, the First MAN WAS IN the Garden. - There is Not but One "Only begotten Son of God" and that IS ADAM // JESUS!!! -- He was in the Garden AND HE Is in the New Kingdom of God, the New Earth, now eating off the Tree of Life!! -- Read it!!

Paul 020115

If Adam was created how can you say he was begotten? He couldn't have been both. So which is it, created or begotten?

Letsargue

If Adam was created how can you say he was begotten? He couldn't have been both. So which is it, created or begotten?

((((( M-A-N )))))!!!!! - WHAT IN The World Do You Think ((( ""BEGOTTEN"" - MEANS!!! )))!!!!!!

(( BEGOTTEN )) //// = = =s (( "HAVE GOT" )) GOD:>- I "HAVE GOT" ONE SON, My Only ///// ONLY // "ONLY" SON!!!

What's the Matter with you People!!!!!!

The Catholic!!! Changed a bunch of meanings of Words when THEY HAD Control of the Bible, ((( AND You ALL Still Support their CUESED GARBAGE! )))!!!! -- AND I'M the Stupid Insane Fool!!!!!

L-O-R-D!!!! -- Get Me OUT of Here!!!! - I Want to SEE All these Blind Catholic Followers Before MY EYES!!!!!!!!!! - This Earth and You ALL's World Can JUST Stay IN HELL, Where I PUT ((( "IT" )))!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 020215

Livelystone

How 'bout the "second Adam", what does that title imply?

Besides there being a first Adam?

If my memory serves me correctly I believe the term "Adam" means red man as in coming from red earth

Therefore, we have #1 Adam as the first man, and #2 Adam as the "Son of man who Jesus is

They are in the image of each other both being spirit, soul, and body. However they are not the "expressed image" of each or as the OT says "image and likeness' that implies having the exact same, spirit, soul, and body because the first Adam is of the earth while the second is from heaven.

Still, the commandment of "us" who is God was "let us make man in our image and after our likeness" that points to a time when man (some?) will become just like Jesus was/is the exact same image and likeness of God but within a body of a man

Cross Reference

Besides there being a first Adam?

If my memory serves me correctly I believe the term "Adam" means red man as in coming from red earth

Therefore, we have #1 Adam as the first man, and #2 Adam as the "Son of man who Jesus is

They are in the image of each other both being spirit, soul, and body. However they are not the "expressed image" of each or as the OT says "image and likeness' that implies having the exact same, spirit, soul, and body because the first Adam is of the earth while the second is from heaven.

Still, the commandment of "us" who is God was "let us make man in our image and after our likeness" that points to a time when man (some?) will become just like Jesus was/is the exact same image and likeness of God but within a body of a man

Why be found stupid by trying to convince that Jesus was not of Adam's race when He had to be in order to redeem Adam's race. And He could not be God in the process of achieving it. Remember, the angels were watching this whole thing unfold to see if God would break any rules of engagement that would have given Satan the victory that they to, would then rebel. .

Livelystone

Why be found stupid by trying to convince that Jesus was not of Adam's race when He had to be in order to redeem Adam's race. And He could not be God in the process of achieving it. Remember, the angels were watching this whole thing unfold to see if God would break any rules of engagement that would have given Satan the victory that they to, would then rebel. .

Who in the heck do you think you are ??????????

Coming from someone as ignorant of the things of God as you are proven by you not giving God the credit that Adam's creation, alteration, and fall from grace was not all part of God's plan?