Old man,Go be a snake.

nikolai_42

we never claimed anything different..

Just clarifying...that's all. Some of the charitable responses may leave the impression that Native American Spirituality (as described here) is an extension of, or compatible with, biblical Christianity. I didn't want any ambiguity as the details of what you were talking about weren't specifically laid out in the post itself (just the link).

RBBI

This is true.

A word of warning to you Joseph R......HaShem winked at a lot of transgressions because the people of the time didn't know any better, AND because He looks at the heart. And so, some of the drug use they tried to find Him with, He overlooked. But you are not a Native of generations ago, and if you know the Word (and even if you don't), you know it's not of HaShem, and in this society which is crumbling in large part because of it, you can see it's bad all the way around.

And the main thing is, it's UNNECESSARY to commune with Him. I know when I was in OK, one of the things He told me was that the ones of old (like Wowovka and Goyakla-sp.?) knew His Spirit but they didn't know His name. It was startling it was so obvious, when I walked through museums comparing what they thought something meant of the natural creation, to what it did in the spiritual understanding of same.

Don't throw away His name to be like them. Their fate might have turned out differently had they known it. Take the pure part of them, the heart that wanted to know Him, and run with that. In that way you honor them, and you honor Him. Blessings and peace to you in your walk....

PS. See if you can find a copy of an old, and now out of print book called I believe, "The Ghost Dance Religion and the Great Sioux Uprising of 1862" the one that was written by an agent for the Bureau of Indian Affairs. It's a compilation of what he witnessed and recorded of the experiences of the natives as they practiced the Ghost Dance religion spreading across the tribes. HaSHem never left them without warning, direction, and comfort. It's quite eye opening.

Last edited:

nikolai_42

PS. See if you can find a copy of an old, and now out of print book called, "The Great Sioux Uprising of 1862" the one that was written by an agent for the Bureau of Indian Affairs. It's a compilation of what he witnessed and recorded of the experiences of the natives as they practiced the Ghost Dance religion spreading across the tribes. HaSHem never left them without warning, direction, and comfort. It's quite eye opening.

Do you have a name or a date? That sounds like an interesting book but there have been more than one with that title (or that phrase in the title)....

RBBI

I just looked for it. I actually have a copy of it, but I had a woman come in to do some major spring cleaning for me, and it's not in my library bookcase where I left it....sigh.

I got it some years ago at a library book sale. It was categorized as "anthropology", and I only go for the old books in the religious section, so picked it up 5 times, put it down 5 times, then finally gave up that the Spirit wanted me to read it, and bought it (never looked at the inside of it so thought it was something in anthropology category, which I would not have bothered with).

Stunned when I got around to actually reading it, read it in 2 days. A few years ago, I saw they had a couple of copies of it for sale on Amazon. I will continue to look for it, and if I find it, post a more definitive title....sorry. Peace

RBBI

Didn't find my book, but found mention of it online. It's author was James Mooney, written in 1890. He was the agent for the Bureau of Indian Affairs. I corrected the title of it in my original post above. Peace

nikolai_42

Didn't find my book, but found mention of it online. It's author was James Mooney, written in 1890. He was the agent for the Bureau of Indian Affairs. I corrected the title of it in my original post above. Peace

A minor point, possibly, but the only book by him I could find like that was "The Ghost Dance Religion and the Sioux Outbreak of 1890". Possibly he mentioned 1862 in the book?

RBBI

A minor point, possibly, but the only book by him I could find like that was "The Ghost Dance Religion and the Sioux Outbreak of 1890". Possibly he mentioned 1862 in the book?

No I think the error was mine in the first post about it. I'd blame it on my age, but I refuse to acknowledge it ;) Peace

Zeke

we never claimed anything different..

I am part Cherokee and Comanche from my Dads side, my Grandfather lived with the wild Indians until he was 14, He died when I was only 5 so I never got to know him.

Sad to see what has happened to the land since the invasion brought those who had no respect for the natural way, you hear it in their arrogant theology to this day, promoting a false God of exclusive ethnic and religious supremacy at the expense of the poor ignorant savages who just didn't know his name, BS!

RBBI

I am part Cherokee and Comanche from my Dads side, my Grandfather lived with the wild Indians until he was 14, He died when I was only 5 so I never got to know him.

Sad to see what has happened to the land since the invasion brought those who had no respect for the natural way, you hear it in their arrogant theology to this day, promoting a false God of exclusive ethnic and religious supremacy at the expense of the poor ignorant savages who just didn't know his name, BS!

NO, as I said, He told me they knew His Spirit, but they didn't know His name. That's why all they knew was "Great Spirit", not the name of His Son. I knew NOTHING about them until He talked to me for the whole 12 hour trip, about them and about Adam being a red man, and far more than I would ever share on here, nor did I have a clue that they knew Him AT ALL, since according to most "learned theologians", if you don't call on THE name, you don't know Him, an assumption that pervades nearly all of Christianity. At that point in my walk, I didn't know one way or other who was right, reserving my opinion until HE told me.

In case you missed my point, I was DEBUNKING the "exclusive ethnic and religious supremacy", not ENDORSING it. Peace

chair

Read Empire of the Summer Moon
Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Technically it is a privilege while on earth. God (the creator) has offered reconciliation. You don't have to accept it. When you pass from the flesh, he will cast you from his presence if that is your wish.

Life after death has two destinations:

1) Heaven With our God. For those who hear the Gospel and place their faith in Christ as their Savior.

2) The Lake of Fire along with Satan and his angels. For those who reject the Gospel.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Illicit drugs ought not to be taken by anyone, especially those
who consider themselves as members of the Body of Christ.
The same for drunkenness.

Zeke

NO, as I said, He told me they knew His Spirit, but they didn't know His name. That's why all they knew was "Great Spirit", not the name of His Son. I knew NOTHING about them until He talked to me for the whole 12 hour trip, about them and about Adam being a red man, and far more than I would ever share on here, nor did I have a clue that they knew Him AT ALL, since according to most "learned theologians", if you don't call on THE name, you don't know Him, an assumption that pervades nearly all of Christianity. At that point in my walk, I didn't know one way or other who was right, reserving my opinion until HE told me.

In case you missed my point, I was DEBUNKING the "exclusive ethnic and religious supremacy", not ENDORSING it. Peace

The tribes didn't speak the same language so there was diverse words used to describe the Creator, as well as different beliefs ceremonies and rituals. Knowing the Jewish Son of God didn't do them much good once they were told about it, many were forced to except the invaders religious traditions, which broke their free spirit and will.

The after effects speak for themselves.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
JosephR, you've been given a warning for submitting posts with nothing more than youtube links.

For those who claim the name of Christ and choose to give JosephR the right hand of fellowship, I encourage you to consider all of his posts before you continue to do so.

musterion

JosephR, you've been given a warning for submitting posts with nothing more than youtube links.

For those who claim the name of Christ and choose to give JosephR the right hand of fellowship, I encourage you to consider all of his posts before you continue to do so.

Some of them have that snake thing in common.

JosephR

I will answer Lon and Poly here and right now... first Lon...

Yes many natives have accepted Christ as there savior .. lets take a look at it..

The natives of Hawaii did not have thorn bearing brush until ,missionaries came and seen the natives running around without clothes...then as they tried to advise them of there ,what they considered, sin.....the natives ignored the interpretation of the WORD OF GOD, the missionaries planted the brush all about the islands to ensure nakked people would have there skin ripped apart..

this is the "Good News" that they brought to these peaceful people..

Poly I ask,did I really spam my OWN thread? with a video that was and IS very relevant to the subject and discussion here.Or is this a nice way to ask me to leave?