Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

PureX

On the issue of marital rape, the misogynistic Christian assumes that the man 'owns' the woman's body, and is therefor entitled to do with it as he wishes, whenever he wishes, so long as it doesn't compromise his misogynist religious beliefs. (He can rape her, but not sell her to other men, for example.)

But, to own another person's body is slavery, not marriage. And to abuse it in any way is a sin against both the spirit and the body of another human being, which God has created, and which Christ has admonished us to love. So the idea that marital rape is somehow acceptable according to Christian religious ideals is just absurdly ugly and dishonest. Plain and simple.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
On the issue of marital rape, the misogynistic Christian assumes that the man 'owns' the woman's body

You can't think of any verses, e.g., by St. Paul, which might lead someone to believe that a woman owns the body of her husband, or that a man owns the body of his wife?

And to abuse it in any way is a sin

Granted.

PureX

You can't think of any verses, e.g., by St. Paul, which might lead someone to believe that a woman owns the body of her husband, or that a man owns the body of his wife?
What Paul thought about marriage is of little interest to me. He was not married, and proposed that Christians should not get married. So I don't see that he had any particularly useful insight on the subject. Especially if it doesn't gel with the ideals revealed to me through Christ.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
What Paul thought about marriage is of little interest to me. He was not married, and proposed that Christians should not get married. So I don't see that he had any particularly useful insight on the subject. Especially if it doesn't gel with the ideals revealed to me through Christ.

And, of course, I'm sure that Jesus said nothing relevant to marriage which might agree even a little bit with St. Paul, of course. I mean, it's not like husband and wife are one flesh or anything, right? :rolleyes:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
All of the education in the world in the hands of a woman will not deter a man who decides he wants to rape her.

wrong

beginner-gun-training.jpeg

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

I'd also like to point out that Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) classes are available in various places, at least sometimes sponsored by the local police.

What Quetzel is effectively saying is that RAD classes are pointless and that the instructors of these courses are wasting their time.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
everybody should carry

I disagree. Blacks, hispanics, middle easterners, the mentally ill and white trash shouldn't be allowed to carry.

Correction. Among private citizens (i.e., non military, non police, etc.), only land-owning whites, or else, non-land owning, but mentally qualified, college-educated whites should be allowed to carry.

Anyone possessing a gun illegally should have the gun confiscated and face either fines or imprisonment.

Anyone caught knowingly carrying a stolen gun should be executed on the spot. No trial. No appeal.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
On the issue of marital rape, the misogynistic Christian assumes that the man 'owns' the woman's body, and is therefor entitled to do with it as he wishes, whenever he wishes, so long as it doesn't compromise his misogynist religious beliefs. (He can rape her, but not sell her to other men, for example.)

But, to own another person's body is slavery, not marriage. And to abuse it in any way is a sin against both the spirit and the body of another human being, which God has created, and which Christ has admonished us to love. So the idea that marital rape is somehow acceptable according to Christian religious ideals is just absurdly ugly and dishonest. Plain and simple.

That it is ...

ok doser

On the issue of marital rape, the misogynistic Christian assumes that the man 'owns' the woman's body...

well, he'd be wrong

when two Christians marry, they become one flesh

within the marriage they no longer have their individual identities - their bodies belong to each other

ok doser

So the idea that marital rape is somehow acceptable according to Christian religious ideals ....

marital rape is indeed acceptable according to Christian religious beliefs

marital rape among non-Christians

as a Christian, I don't care what non-Christians do - they are free to rape each other all they want

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I disagree. All of the education in the world in the hands of a woman will not deter a man who decides he wants to rape her.

Cool story.

I'd tell you how I avoided getting mugged and murdered today. I'd even tell you how I've avoided being with a significant other who would harm me. But that would make your brain explode :rolleyes:

All the education in the world can't prevent anything, in the most literal sense. But, if that's the going argument for women, then my argument is won, plain and simple.

Quetzal

Cool story.

I'd tell you how I avoided getting mugged and murdered today. I'd even tell you how I've avoided being with a significant other who would harm me. But that would make your brain explode :rolleyes:

All the education in the world can't prevent anything, in the most literal sense. But, if that's the going argument for women, then my argument is won, plain and simple.
Cool story.

PureX

Cool story.

The problem is that you are confusing precaution with prevention. And thereby confusing a lack of precaution with culpability. And every time you ignore this deliberate confusion, you appear more determinedly ignorant. As, in fact, you are.

ok doser

The problem is that you are confusing precaution with prevention. And thereby confusing a lack of precaution with culpability.

winter dumped a few inches of snow last night and the roads in this morning were greasy

i took the precaution to adjust my driving behavior and made it in without incident

if i had not taken those precautions and had an accident, i would have been found culpable by the police for driving too fast for conditions

And every time you ignore this deliberate confusion, you appear more determinedly ignorant. As, in fact, you are.

you really really need a mirror