Making Peace With Tambora

ClimateSanity

You haven't posted anything against wife beating, spousal rape, or wife beating? Why?

Because the people discussing it are talking about it academically. I don't believe any poster here has said something along these lines------- Your wife nagging at you? Won't have sex with you? Getting on your nerves? Cheated on you? You should be able to legally be able to beat the snot out of her.

Post it if you can.

ClimateSanity

You were previously posting on this forum pretending to be an unbeliever. Get it now?

How many times are you going to tell that lie? My "religion" said other I believe. I kept bad talking Christianity. I was pretending to be an agnostic. Why do you keep saying I was pretending to be a christian?

elohiym

You are totally blind if you believe she lives by the golden rule. She deliberately lies about people. She harasses and stalks people. Those are clear violations of the golden rule.

Sounds like you, only you claim to be male under this latest user name.

Besides, it is not good behavior or lack of bad behavior that makes you a christian; it is being found in Christ.

Well you and Glorydaz seem obsessed with who may be lusting in your opinion, so excuse me for thinking you don't really believe your own claim.

That is only done with trust.

Will an admitted liar and fraud lecture me on trust?

If you tell yourself that you are in Christ because you live by the golden rule...

I don't.

...you have explicitly shown you do not trust in Christ.

My Father in heaven loves me and forgives me no matter what you think.

I know you don't believe that but that's because you were never a christian.

I'm saved no matter what you claim.

glorydaz

Of course, so is looking at those girls with lust, and you keep trying to claim there is nothing wrong with that.

No, I don't claim that. Twisting people's words again?

Originally Posted by elohiym
"Lusting is coveting, according to the Bible. It is not being sexually aroused by the opposite sex. If I covet another man's wife, I'm an adulterer. If I find her attractive, I've done nothing wrong. If I become aroused, I've done nothing wrong. If I desire to have her in spite of her husband, it's lusting (coveting) and adultery whether I think it or do it. You are trying to make normal sexual attraction between the sexes immoral and calling it "lust."

Notice how you claim I put myself under the law while you try and put me under the law and imply that I don't keep the law. It's comical.

I'm simply showing how you contradict yourself.

Okay. Let's assume for the sake of argument that I covet another woman besides my wife.

You've committed adultery with her in your heart.

What is the corporeal punishment for a believer for coveting another woman besides his wife?

It could be anything...from a guilty conscience to her husband being offended and shooting you.

What is the eternal consequence for a believer for coveting another woman besides his wife?

A loss of rewards if the Lord hadn't already chastened you in this life.

elohiym

It's amusing ... like watching an actor from the beginning of his/her career to the end and realizing ... he/she never got any better.

And what does he get for it in the end?

An Oscar!

latest

glorydaz

You were previously posting on this forum pretending to be an unbeliever. Get it now?

And you are still posting on this forum pretending to be a believer. Get it now?
You even pretend like you know the Bible...claiming that committing adultery in your heart would include just wanting a woman for her money. :rotfl:

You'd best just look to your own house and not worry so much about Climate Sanity.

bybee

At least "puke" and "slime" don't come flying out of my mouth like they do yours. You're a hypocrite, Bybee, and you refuse to admit it. :nono:

What makes you think that I have to admit anything to you?
You may be the chief judge and nabob in your neighborhood, but, here? you are a rather nasty pestilence, sort of like a creeping crud which continually pops up.

glorydaz

Because the people discussing it are talking about it academically. I don't believe any poster here has said something along these lines------- Your wife nagging at you? Won't have sex with you? Getting on your nerves? Cheated on you? You should be able to legally be able to beat the snot out of her.

Post it if you can.

Sticking up for hypothetical victims keeps them busy, and it keeps their blood flowing. Just imagine how bored they'd be if they didn't have some outlet for their pent up outrage.

elohiym

You've committed adultery with her in your heart.

The same thing I claimed in the quote you posted from me. What you seem to object to is the idea that a married man can become aroused by another women without coveting or being guilty of sin.

elohiym said:
What is the corporeal punishment for a believer for coveting another woman besides his wife?
It could be anything...from a guilty conscience to her husband being offended and shooting you.

I never claimed anything about coveting another man's wife, so the only consequence is guilty conscience ... maybe. Do you have a law that says the penalty for feeling aroused is a guilty conscience?

elohiym said:
What is the eternal consequence for a believer for coveting another woman besides his wife?
A loss of rewards if the Lord hadn't already chastened you in this life.

What if a believer rapes a woman? Same eternal consequences?

ClimateSanity

Yes. We all know that by now and I've explained myself several times. It has nothing to do with my post you responded to. Anna was saying GD acted like a guy. I pointed out how sexist that was by giving an example of what that sounded like.

You respond by saying I pretended to be a non christian....huh? How does that refute my point? Maybe you weren't trying to refute my point? Maybe you just have nothing to add and so you keep throwing bolcats out there.

Listen kid. I am not in the least ashamed of becoming bolcats and pretending to be an agnostic. I'm not ashamed. My "friends" are not ashamed of me. Management obviously could care less. Keep blurting it out every lost and someone might think you have aspergers.