Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

PureX

And, of course, I'm sure that Jesus said nothing relevant to marriage which might agree even a little bit with St. Paul, of course. I mean, it's not like husband and wife are one flesh or anything, right? :rolleyes:
What does that even mean: "one flesh"? You take this odd metaphor to mean it's OK for a man to rape his wife? Rather than to mean that they are to hold each other in unilateral respect? Are you really that sick in heart and mind?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
On the issue of marital rape, the misogynistic Christian assumes that the man 'owns' the woman's body, and is therefor entitled to do with it as he wishes, whenever he wishes, so long as it doesn't compromise his misogynist religious beliefs. (He can rape her, but not sell her to other men, for example.)

But, to own another person's body is slavery, not marriage. And to abuse it in any way is a sin against both the spirit and the body of another human being, which God has created, and which Christ has admonished us to love. So the idea that marital rape is somehow acceptable according to Christian religious ideals is just absurdly ugly and dishonest. Plain and simple.

They're just rigging the system in their favor: according to their rules, if a guy rapes his wife, then he wasn't a Christian. If he is a Christian, then it couldn't be rape because they're "one flesh."

I suppose they'd say he "one-fleshed" her.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Updated the OP:

More discussion about the virulently racist song lyrics by Johnny Rebel can be found here:

White Power Music.

The thread has been closed, but the posts can still be read, along with more examples of the kind of racism that still exists in this country, whether people want to look at it or not.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:) Definition Time with Crucible :)

Misogyny- daring to speak on behalf of men's interests rather than that of women, or criticizing trespasses thereof women.

~Misogyny~

musterion

Spoiler

tumblr_npcqwkC8Wb1qbaleqo1_1280.jpg

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Does this thread also cover misandry? Cuz TOL's got it's share.

Since I joined, misandry hasn't been covered. It's always been thread after thread after thread about how women are oppressed because bad things happen to them like every other living thing on the Earth.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I came across this today:

Between 2014 and 2015, the number of active Klan chapters in the U.S. grew from 72 to 190, a movement that, Potok writes in the report, was “invigorated by the 364 pro-Confederate battle flag rallies that took place after South Carolina took down the battle flag from its Capitol grounds following the June massacre of nine black churchgoers by a white supremacist flag enthusiast in Charleston, S.C.”

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I came across this today:

Between 2014 and 2015, the number of active Klan chapters in the U.S. grew from 72 to 190, a movement that, Potok writes in the report, was “invigorated by the 364 pro-Confederate battle flag rallies that took place after South Carolina took down the battle flag from its Capitol grounds following the June massacre of nine black churchgoers by a white supremacist flag enthusiast in Charleston, S.C.”

Cool story.

Ever think that it may have a bit to do with the fact that those like yourself are so paranoid about offending minorities that it starts to tread on other whites and that's why they end up getting angry?

Of course not, because white people are expected to just be pushovers.

:think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Cool story.

Ever think that it may have a bit to do with the fact that those like yourself are so paranoid about offending minorities that it starts to tread on other whites and they get angry?
Riiiight. It's the liberals and blacks who force poor, decent, hard working white people to dress up in bedsheets and drop the N bomb. :plain:

I didn't think it was possible, but you just topped yourself.

Of course not, because white people don't have the right to be angry or act out on anything.
Rather, they lack the same thing you demonstrate a want of here: sufficient reason.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Riiiight. It's the liberals and blacks who force poor, decent, hard working white people to dress up in bedsheets and drop the N bomb. :plain:

I read an article about a group of black men kidnapping a mother and her son. They went to a house where they then beat and raped both of them. Afterward, they made them drink chemicals to hide the evidence of being orally ravaged before killing them.

Guess what?
Didn't get passed local news.
And yet, something happens with someone black and it's national headlines. At the same time, white people are being ridiculed.

It might not have crossed your mind that this is one of the reasons why racists are doing crazy things like massacring black people.

Maybe you should rethink what I put in my last post, without your PC filters.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I didn't tell him to post examples because I thought he could. :)

I could put up a thousand, with sources, research, and everything. Do you know why? Because it's plain and simple REALITY.

It would make no difference because feminist ideology is like a mental illness- you all simply deny it all.