Unless You Believe That I Am "HE" (GOD) You Will Die In Your Sins, John 8:24

Robert Pate

Banned
Rom 3:22 does not say that Faith is a work required to be saved, you are teaching salvation by works, a lie against the scripture!

You disregard the teachings of Jesus who said...

"Unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins"

Faith in Christ and his Gospel is the entrance into eternal life.

Krsto

If Jesus isn't God, then who was that, that turned water into wine, healed the sick, walked on water, stilled a storm, fed 5,000, raised the dead and ascended into heaven?

The man Christ Jesus. God gave him ability to do these things, just like he gave Peter the ability to walk on water. Remember Jesus said, "I can do nothing of myself"? He really meant that.

Robert Pate

Banned
The man Christ Jesus. God gave him ability to do these things, just like he gave Peter the ability to walk on water. Remember Jesus said, "I can do nothing of myself"? He really meant that.

So, you want to believe that Jesus was the ghost or a robot of God?

beloved57

You disregard the teachings of Jesus who said...

You disregard Christ death, for none Christ died for have any sins to die in!

beloved57

You will die in your sins because you don't believe that Jesus is the savior of the world and is Lord.
None Christ died for can possibly die in their sins, they don't have any imputed to them 2 Cor 5:19; Rom 4:8 and will not have any imputed to them!

6days

RoberyPate said:
Youdisregard the teachings of Jesus who said...

Hey..... sorry to butt in on your arguments with Beloved57. I think he and I would agree with these comments of yours, other than perhaps haggling over the technicalities of wording.

So, my question is..... why do you (and others) spend so much energy debating this?*

Perhaps i don't understand the argument so here is how I see it. I am a child of Gods....a born again believer because of what Christ did for me at Calvary. I repented of sin, and trust in Him as my Lord and Savior. I want to give Him all the glory. I was blind but He caused me to see. Because I love Him i serve Him...... So, I think you would put me in the Calvinist camp?

But..... it is very possible that I do not totally understand just exactly how and why I, as a captive to sin, was set free. Do you think God will cast me into Hell because my theology is not correct?*

Krsto

So, you want to believe that Jesus was the ghost or a robot of God?

Was Peter walking on the water a ghost or robot?

I think there's something rather glorious about a man in whom God dwelt bodily, a human who had God's nature imprinted into his own human nature as per Heb. 1:3. A man who does the right thing, not because he could come to a scholarly opinion about how to act in every situation, but because he could do it instinctively, because it was his nature to do good, even though he said he wasn't good, only God was good.

Krsto

You will die in your sins because you don't believe that Jesus is the savior of the world and is Lord.

Jesus said that to people who said he was a demoniac after all the great things he had said and done. They would die in their sins. Context RP, context. Don't apply that beyond Jesus' original intent.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus said that to people who said he was a demoniac after all the great things he had said and done. They would die in their sins. Context RP, context. Don't apply that beyond Jesus' original intent.

Salvation always has been and always will be by faith.

Faith in a man will not save you. You must believe that Jesus is God or Lord or you will die in your sins.

Krsto

No...he is simply Messiah and Shaliach and Redeemer. Not God.

Not in the English sense of the word "God". He is theos, even though he never claimed to be that either. All he would admit to was that he was the son of theos, and that he is the light of the world.

Krsto

Salvation always has been and always will be by faith.

Faith in a man will not save you. You must believe that Jesus is God or Lord or you will die in your sins.

And your proof text is the verse where he says, "If you believe not that I am, you will die in your sins." The natural question for someone in his audience is, "You are what?" His answer would go like this: "You've got the attention span of a tse tse fly. What do you think I just got through telling you? I am the light of the world. Remember that? It was, uh, less than 30 seconds ago. Pay attention lad."

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No...he is simply Messiah and Shaliach and Redeemer. Not God.

What do you call the Creator who created everything that exists, and without him nothing was made that was made?

What do you call the One who imparts eternal life?

What do you call the One who said he existed before Abraham?

Robert Pate

Banned
Hey..... sorry to butt in on your arguments with Beloved57. I think he and I would agree with these comments of yours, other than perhaps haggling over the technicalities of wording.

So, my question is..... why do you (and others) spend so much energy debating this?*

Perhaps i don't understand the argument so here is how I see it. I am a child of Gods....a born again believer because of what Christ did for me at Calvary. I repented of sin, and trust in Him as my Lord and Savior. I want to give Him all the glory. I was blind but He caused me to see. Because I love Him i serve Him...... So, I think you would put me in the Calvinist camp?

But..... it is very possible that I do not totally understand just exactly how and why I, as a captive to sin, was set free. Do you think God will cast me into Hell because my theology is not correct?*

Salvation is and always has been by faith.

In the judgment if you are not found to be "In Christ" because of your faith. You will most certainly perish.

There is a correct way to believe and have faith, its called obeying the Gospel.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pentecostal lingo.

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Dwelling or tabernacling and "fullness" are pentecostal terms.

Jesus was FULLY indwelt by the Holy Spirit. This says not that he is God, rather that his anointing is UNIMPEACHABLE.

Who was that, that turned water into wine, stilled a storm, walked on water, fed 5,000, healed the sick, raised the dead?

It

Once again this scripture proves that we are justified by faith. Faith in a man is not going to save you. We must believe that Jesus was God in the flesh if we are going to be saved. Only God can defeat sin, death and the devil and reconcile the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19. I also believe that you must believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 4:14. To not believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world is to not believe that Jesus is God.

Many will be lost because they do not believe that Jesus was able to abolish sin, death and the devil and in doing so reconcile the world unto God.

yes, but "even the demons believe, and tremble" James 2:14. Oh, wait, that is not the passage i wanted. OK, i don't know where that one is about the demons believing, etc. Sorry

but in any case: Believing alone will not save you.

Robert Pate

Banned
So Paul is now God? OK, well, "all the fullness of the godessence dwelt within him bodily" does not mean "fully God." It means "Spirit filled". Sorry for your confusion.

You are the one that appears to be confused, 1 John 5:7. "And these three are one".