Did Jesus Abolish the Commandments?

Robert Pate

Banned
The Greatest Work of the Law is in society to love your neighbor over yourself.

The Greatest Work of the Law is to love God more than yourself.
This is inherent in Jesus' First Command Mk 12.

Some of the neighbors that I have had were impossible to love.

Especially the one that allowed his dog to bark all night.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Did Jesus Abolish the Commandments?

no

we can't keep them
but
we have to try
and
we have to ask for help to do that

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Greatest Work of the Law is in society to love your neighbor over yourself.

The Greatest Work of the Law is to love God more than yourself.
This is inherent in Jesus' First Command Mk 12.

That is the "Old Testament". All the law hangs on it. If you really loved your neighbor as yourself you would not covet his things, steal, murder and rape.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And therein lies the problem with the queen bees, who sit by and watch, not realizing that this is the WORKS of "faith WITHOUT works", that He said is DEAD, produces death. Peace

Excellent verse. Let's discuss it along with something else.

James 2

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

By works Abraham was justified. James is asking a rhetorical question. Abraham was circumcised at the time. That is key to understanding what Paul is getting at.

Galatians 3

2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

See the difference?

22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

vs

3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

Why do you suppose their claims are the exact opposite? Of course I already mentioned it, but some want to deny the obvious.

RBBI

You have to give me credit, I TRIED to ignore debating Abraham with you, but you just wouldn't let it be.....so I give.....what is the point you are trying to get me to see.....and then we'll both see. Peace

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
it does not include mosaic law
not eating pork

The kingdom of God is not based on eating and drinking, however, it is based on obedience to God who instructed the people of Jacob not to eat certain things. Since God doesn't play favorites, his instructions about food would apply to people today.