The UN demands the US pay Reparations

kmoney

Hall of Fame
in a similiar manner, if i'm a manager at mcdonalds and I'm looking for someone to run the fryolator, I'm probably gonna toss Emerson Walton Billingsley IV's application in favor of John Williams'

Why would you pass by Emerson?

lovemeorhateme

You're doing a fine job of making this personal yourself, had you noticed? (Probably not. That was a rhetorical question.) I'm not here to earn your respect, and if you don't want to read what I'm saying, by all means, you have the ability to put me on ignore or scroll right past me without comment.

Let me remind you that you decided to take our discussion from another thread and bring it to this completely unrelated thread whilst attacking me in the process. You made no attempt to refute any point I made here, just continued with a series of personal attacks. You then have the audacity to tell me that I'm making this personal? Physician heal thyself. :rolleyes:

rexlunae

i would visualize a spoiled rich sort for whom the job would be a poor fit

Here's hoping no one ever puts you in charge of hiring anyone. You've basically just admitted to relying first on stereotypes, which in at least some cases is blatantly illegal.

Krsto

This almost makes me want to vote for Donald Trump. Almost. If only so that he could tell them where to shove their proposals.

In addition to demanding that reparations be paid in the form of enhanced social services, etc. specifically targeted to black people (as though that weren't racist at all!), they also take issue with stand your ground laws and with US states that forbid convicted felons from voting.

They also take issue with law enforcement.

Hey, liberals, I have a better idea: you don't want people from a certain demographic to get shot? Encourage them not to commit violent crimes. Encourage them to avoid making others feel the need to invoke their basic right of self-defense.

You don't want black people to get barred from voting because they are felons? Encourage them to stop committing felony crimes. :rolleyes:

Why shouldn't convicted felons that have been screwed by the system, especially if they are indeed innocent, not be given a chance to vote for candidates that might actually do something to clean up the system? Can't you see the government ever abusing its authority and locking people up who shouldn't be? How many times do you think it's happened so far?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Here's hoping no one ever puts you in charge of hiring anyone. You've basically just admitted to relying first on stereotypes, which in at least some cases is blatantly illegal.

i take it you've never worked on a hiring committee? :chuckle:

when you're faced with hundreds of applications for a single position, you use various techniques to thin the stack

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Why shouldn't convicted felons that have been screwed by the system, especially if they are indeed innocent, not be given a chance to vote for candidates that might actually do something to clean up the system? Can't you see the government ever abusing its authority and locking people up who shouldn't be? How many times do you think it's happened so far?

Yes. Convicted felons are the real victims. Of course. :rolleyes:

[/sarcasm]

rexlunae

when you're faced with hundreds of applications for a single position, you use various techniques to thin the stack

I've been on hiring committees. But our problem is generally getting more than zero qualified candidates, not hundreds of applicants. Nonetheless, if anyone linked actual employment decisions to what you've said here, I think there might be grounds for a civil action, especially if it was any sort of public position.

genuineoriginal

Why the push for "reparations" in 2016?

This article is from 2001 and the reasons have not changed.

Ten Reasons Why Reparations for Blacks is a Bad Idea for Blacks - and Racist Too

One

There Is No Single Group Clearly Responsible For The Crime Of Slavery
. . .

Two

There Is No One Group That Benefited Exclusively From Its Fruits
. . .

Three

Only A Tiny Minority Of White Americans Ever Owned Slaves, And Others Gave Their Lives To Free Them
. . .

Four

America Today Is A Multi-Ethnic Nation and Most Americans Have No Connection (Direct Or Indirect) To Slavery
. . .

Five

The Historical Precedents Used To Justify The Reparations Claim Do Not Apply, And The Claim Itself Is Based On Race Not Injury
. . .

Six

The Reparations Argument Is Based On The Unfounded Claim That All African-American Descendants of Slaves Suffer From The Economic Consequences Of Slavery And Discrimination
. . .

Seven

The Reparations Claim Is One More Attempt To Turn African-Americans Into Victims. It Sends A Damaging Message To The African-American Community.
. . .

Eight

Reparations To African Americans Have Already Been Paid
. . .

Nine

What About The Debt Blacks Owe To America?
. . .

Ten

The Reparations Claim Is A Separatist Idea That Sets African-Americans Against The Nation That Gave Them Freedom
. . .

The Berean

This reminds me of Chris Rock's comment about the TV show "The Apprentice". In one of the seasons one of the final two candidates was a young black man named Kwame Jackson. Chris Rock said something like, "Ain't nobody putting a brother named Kwame in charge! That ain't never going to happen!" :chuckle:

Jackson was the last apprentice fired on the show. But Jackson has done alright for himself since then. He makes a ton of money giving speeches.

rexlunae

Why the push for "reparations" in 2016?

Because there's a better chance in 2016 than there was in any year before it.

This article is from 2001 and the reasons have not changed.

Ultimately, because the entire nation benefited collectively from slavery, and is responsible for it by the laws that it passed and enforced, it will have to be the nation that pays any reparations.

ok doser

he's gonna take tax dollars from all current US citizens - black, white and brown - and distribute it based on the amount of black or brown in your skin

because....

reasons

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Potentially.

Lulz.

Because most of them live in mud huts, right?

My advice to any black people who may be reading this who don't think that you've gained anything by being in America as opposed to Africa:

Go back to where you came from. See how you like it there. ;)

ok doser

Lulz.

Because most of them live in mud huts, right?

My advise to any black people who may be reading this who don't think that you've gained anything by being in America as opposed to Africa:

Go back to where you came from. See how you like it there. ;)

so, maybe not so much reparations as repatriations?