Who is more open-minded, liberals or conservatives?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Liberals regularly pat themselves on the back for being “open-minded” and “tolerant.” They also regularly call conservatives narrow-minded, bigoted, and inflexible. Well, there’s a new Pew Research study that flatly contradicts both of these characterizations. And this study draws from a most unexpected source: Facebook statistics.

To read the rest of the article click HERE.

CherubRam

"Liberals are more likely to block or defriended someone because they disagreed with something that person posted."

That has also been my experience in life dealing with Liberals. It is my opinion that we should not turn to the left or right, but stay well centered in life.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
"Liberals are more likely to block or defriended someone because they disagreed with something that person posted."

That has also been my experience in life dealing with Liberals. It is my opinion that we should not turn to the left or right, but stay well centered in life.

I unfriended a liberal acquaintance of mine on facebook...not because of any views that he expressed. Whenever I expressed any of my views, he insisted on insulting me, telling me that nobody cared about my opinion and threatening to unfriend or block me.

So finally, I said: "To heck with it" and just unfriended him.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is my opinion that we should not turn to the left or right, but stay well centered in life.
I like that!

Reminds me of an old saying -----
St. Peter at the pearly gates,
"All the liberals on the left.
All the conservatives on the right.
All the Christians in the middle
."

PureX

The word "liberal" means generous and open-minded, while the word "conservative" means frugal, and ideologically rigid. So I guess that pretty much answers the question.

quip

BANNED
Banned
The word "liberal" means generous and open-minded, while the word "conservative" means frugal, and ideologically rigid. So I guess that pretty much answers the question.

Well, be nice.

Jeff 's trying to be open-minded....it's just that his conservative ideology keeps getting underfoot.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
'Open minded' is a term that has become abused. Many atheists aren't really open minded, because they operate under the same line of bias of many who they declare as 'close minded'.

It's become a false propaganda, which is what a lot of liberalism is. It's no surprise that most atheists are on the left.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Liberals aren't open minded. They're dogmatists. Simply look at the liberals on this forum. They're not even open minded enough to have a coherent rational debate about the point of disagreement. They simply insist that they are right and accuse anyone who disagrees of being a bad person.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Liberals aren't open minded. They're dogmatists. Simply look at the liberals on this forum. They're not even open minded enough to have a coherent rational debate about the point of disagreement. They simply insist that they are right and accuse anyone who disagrees of being a bad person.

purex comes most immediately to mind :chuckle:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
purex comes most immediately to mind :chuckle:

What's particularly amusing about purex is that he'll flat out tell you that he doesn't feel obliged to base his views on objective criteria of evidence. He's willing to go with just whatever suits his practical needs, whether or not he can be assured of its objective truth.

After all, objective truth doesn't exist anyway. It's all subjective. :rolleyes:

The Berean

What's particularly amusing about purex is that he'll flat out tell you that he doesn't feel obliged to base his views on objective criteria of evidence. He's willing to go with just whatever suits his practical needs, whether or not he can be assured of its objective truth.

After all, objective truth doesn't exist anyway. It's all subjective. :rolleyes:

I never understand when people say:

"There is no objective truth."

Isn't this statement asserting an objective truth? :idunno:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I never understand when people say:

"There is no objective truth."

Ask PureX.

Seriously, why do you think liberals insist on pseudo-moral outrage, emotive outbursts and refuse to have a debate on non-question begging grounds? Why do you think that they are so into brain washing and express surprise that conservatives haven't simply "died out" yet?

It's all groundless. It's sheer voluntarism.

genuineoriginal

c591826cf668d7602fccb818c3b6111e.jpg

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
To read the rest of the article click HERE.
I've switched back and forth between the three thresholds of beliefs. I ended up with conservative while knowing about the proofs why the bible is inerrant. Conservative deals with inerrancy far better than those who doubts the bible have the real truths. It's better to narrow back to the bible for corrections and guidance than the other two beliefs

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yes. I think that is part of quick sheet on how to beat a liberal in 10 seconds or less. Or it was called something like that. Also seen in the youtube video with Deepak Chopra.

Fools on stage

Open minded in what way? I am not open minded in the normalization of perverted (twisted and evil) things. The left is not open minded on doing what is right.

PureX

I've switched back and forth between the three thresholds of beliefs. I ended up with conservative while knowing about the proofs why the bible is inerrant. Conservative deals with inerrancy far better than those who doubts the bible have the real truths. It's better to narrow back to the bible for corrections and guidance than the other two beliefs
Yeah, freedom of thought really complicates the thinking.